• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panther427

ya im gonna get a sample sent to black stone. I have all the tools to do it myself. But try to do it at the dealer while its under warrenty. And it shows up on car fax and stuff when you trade it in.

Ya the you get a little coupon book for free syn-blend oil changes every 5k miles. I would have brought it to my local store that i know and trust if i had not needed to go down there :[  we will see..
2013 SHO

K4U2LUZ2

It was a great week!  I lowered the car, installed all new brakes/rotors, detailed it and attended Livernois Customer Appreciation Track Day and ran the best time ever. 

12.86@107mph (stage 4+ tune only, Non-PP)

Oh yeah...and the car also turned over a 100,000 miles.

SHOdded

Congrats on the century mark!  Great time with a 4+!  Planning to go with 4X?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Quote from: K4U2LUZ2 on June 15, 2014, 10:23:31 PM
It was a great week!  I lowered the car, installed all new brakes/rotors, detailed it and attended Livernois Customer Appreciation Track Day and ran the best time ever. 

12.86@107mph (stage 4+ tune only, Non-PP)

Oh yeah...and the car also turned over a 100,000 miles.

That's great to hear your car is sill performing amazingly at 100k! Looks great as well!

Sent using smoke signals.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

watts

Decon/Polished/Coated the ride on Fathers Day - my first try with Sonax Polymer Netshield.  This stuff is great!

2014 Taurus SHO - Sony, Mikko suede, 20" low gloss wheel option.

Weathertech mats; LED interior bulb, puddle lamp, and map light conversion; Custom trunk lighting, Custom subwoofer install, LED DRL kit.

SHOdded

Shiny!  So how did you choose PNS?  Interested in durability too.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

watts

I went with the PNS after reading some reviews.  I'm not ready to commit to Opticoat quite yet.  It seems to permanent to me.  PNS seemed like a good way to introduce myself to nano coatings without going the permanent route.  Supposed to last 6 months.  I also picked up a bottle of the Brilliant Shine Detailer so I'm hoping that can extend the life of the PNS.
2014 Taurus SHO - Sony, Mikko suede, 20" low gloss wheel option.

Weathertech mats; LED interior bulb, puddle lamp, and map light conversion; Custom trunk lighting, Custom subwoofer install, LED DRL kit.

SHOdded

Sonax IS good stuff, period!  Would be great if you can post periodic updates on your experience with PNS and BSD.  TIA.

BiGMaC

Quote from: watts on June 17, 2014, 10:08:52 AM
I went with the PNS after reading some reviews.  I'm not ready to commit to Opticoat quite yet.  It seems to permanent to me.  PNS seemed like a good way to introduce myself to nano coatings without going the permanent route.  Supposed to last 6 months.  I also picked up a bottle of the Brilliant Shine Detailer so I'm hoping that can extend the life of the PNS.

Finish looks great!  Good work!

I feel you on the Coatings.  It took me a while, but I did put CQuart Finest on my SHO in Nov 2013... still looks like it did after paint correction and coating.
Pics posted here: http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,1496.msg17656.html#msg17656 ....
And 6 month followup here: http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2351.msg34077.html#msg34077

Consider CQuart and then Iron-X Snow Soap decontamination Reload ($2 wipe on) every 3 months if you decide to go semipermanent.  I compared Opticoat, which may be a little more durable, but compared to CQuart finest it has a yellowish caste.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHODYOU

I loaded up my new LMS 4X tune last Friday night...
Wow is my reaction. Obviously stronger than my old 3bar 4+ tune.  Esp from a dig

Even with 255 Hankooks on, it searches for traction on the 1-2 shift and actually wheelhops some.

Weird thing is the BOVs now sound different, from a short whoosh to now a 13y/o girl sneezing lol.
Still sounds the same at part throttle blowoff, but with any real boost it sneezes.
Wonder why... cause it does it even at boost levels of the old tune.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

ford4thot

ford4thot

Screw in tire...got new tires. Pretty much time anyway. Pirellis were kind of dry rotted and tread was getting low. Got 275/60R20s Dick Cepek Trail Country for less than $600 OTD.

And on

And the Heep back there feeling left out

Haven't even washed it once yet lol

SHOdded

Is this a new tire model?  Hardly any reviews out there.  Time to get your truck all shined up, no excuses :D

Brucelinc

Quote from: SHODYOU on June 23, 2014, 10:14:17 PM
I loaded up my new LMS 4X tune last Friday night...
Wow is my reaction. Obviously stronger than my old 3bar 4+ tune.  Esp from a dig

Even with 255 Hankooks on, it searches for traction on the 1-2 shift and actually wheelhops some.

Weird thing is the BOVs now sound different, from a short whoosh to now a 13y/o girl sneezing lol.
Still sounds the same at part throttle blowoff, but with any real boost it sneezes.
Wonder why... cause it does it even at boost levels of the old tune.

Your observations are just like mine regarding the 4X/3 bar.  The BOV does make a "whonk" or "wheek" sound - even when not vented to atmosphere.  I was a little concerned about the WOT 1-2 shift at first but after driving mine for about 500 miles, the wheel hop is reduced.  It still breaks the tires loose on that shift but it seems to have smoothed out some. 

ford4thot

Quote from: SHOdded on June 25, 2014, 04:55:09 AM
Is this a new tire model?  Hardly any reviews out there.  Time to get your truck all shined up, no excuses :D
Actually it was a close out lol that's why they were so cheap. They weren't really my first choice but with the size I wanted (one up from stock) that was about the only option at this particular tire shop. And for the price....it was a no brainer. Next cheapest option was $1000 for Toyo.
I did wash the truck yesterday and dressed the tires and trim....you can't tell?? 😯
Now the Heep....yeah....hasn't been washed once yet. But...it's a Heep