• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Quote from: SHO-Pa on May 26, 2014, 08:06:49 PM
Put my chromed FoMoCo 20s on today! They replaced the stock 20s that had some curb rash.
I agree, they look even better in chrome!  PVD?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bigmoneycloser

My ride for the next week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

SHO-Pa

Quote from: SHOdded on May 26, 2014, 10:50:41 PM
Quote from: SHO-Pa on May 26, 2014, 08:06:49 PM
Put my chromed FoMoCo 20s on today! They replaced the stock 20s that had some curb rash.
I agree, they look even better in chrome!  PVD?

Yes. PVD. I got them from Detroit Wheel and Tire. They came with sensors and Firestone Wide Oval tires all mounted, road force balanced and ready to go. It looks like the lug pockets and back side of the wheels are black chrome which is a nice touch to keep them from looking all grungy over time.

Firestones seem ok for now. Hard to tell after only driving 50 miles or so. Besides, I have to behave myself after buying the wheels!

Thanks for the compliments! :D
2011 SHO - stock
2016 Explorer XLT 2.3L "4wd"
2018 Focus Titanium

SHOdded

Nice!  I think Mark (mjhpadi) at one time was considering the Firestones for his next set of tires.  Interested in how they play out for you.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

panther427

2013 SHO

bigmoneycloser

Stuck with rental car for a few more days... Monday is the big day..
I will post some pics and vids once I get back in business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

SHOdded

Would be an awesome way to start the week, bmc!

MDesign Performance

I installed Autolite Iridium XP5263 Plugs which are 1 step colder. Wow. The OEM plugs were gapped at .40-45, as soon as I gapped these bad boys up to .30 and dropped them in the car instantly got back some throttle response. Highly recommend them, plus they're cheap. I paid $30 through Advance Auto Parts using a coupon.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

SHOdded

Is there a heat range chart we can refer to for the Autolites, Spartn?  TIA.  Seems like the PCM is not infinitely adjustable where spark plug gap is concerned after all.  Many people believe growth in this gap is a-ok and no cause for concern!

MDesign Performance

Quote from: SHOdded on May 31, 2014, 09:28:08 AM
Is there a heat range chart we can refer to for the Autolites, Spartn?  TIA.  Seems like the PCM is not infinitely adjustable where spark plug gap is concerned after all.  Many people believe growth in this gap is a-ok and no cause for concern!

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f427/spark-plug-database-gen2-119130/

They're comparable to the NGK LTR7IX-11 (6510), one step colder than stock.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

watts

Windows tinted over the weekend - also wrapping up my custom sub install.  Just needs one more skim coat of body filler and carpet then it's done!
2014 Taurus SHO - Sony, Mikko suede, 20" low gloss wheel option.

Weathertech mats; LED interior bulb, puddle lamp, and map light conversion; Custom trunk lighting, Custom subwoofer install, LED DRL kit.

J-Will

How much of a PITA is changing the plugs on this vehicle?  I havent even had the plastic engine cover off mine yet (not even 2k miles on it)
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

wasinger3000

Quote from: J-Will on June 02, 2014, 10:00:59 AM
How much of a PITA is changing the plugs on this vehicle?  I havent even had the plastic engine cover off mine yet (not even 2k miles on it)

Here you go!

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=1980.0

Sent using smoke signals.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

MDesign Performance

I bought my plugs and a plug socket and went at it randomly. All in all it took me maybe 1 hour start to finish and was really simple, the only bolts I removed were the 6 bolts (1 for each coil pack). Once you have the bolts of the coil pack removed just disconnect the electrical plug to them and pull straight out, unscrew plug, then replace.

Hardest part of all was figuring out how much man force to use when pulling out the coil packs trying not to damage them! Also make sure they're properly gapped and a little bit of anti-seeze doesn't hurt. Definitely felt the tune up with the butt dyno.

Josephm

Quote from: Spartn27 on June 02, 2014, 04:03:05 PM

I bought my plugs and a plug socket and went at it randomly. All in all it took me maybe 1 hour start to finish and was really simple, the only bolts I removed were the 6 bolts (1 for each coil pack). Once you have the bolts of the coil pack removed just disconnect the electrical plug to them and pull straight out, unscrew plug, then replace.

Hardest part of all was figuring out how much man force to use when pulling out the coil packs trying not to damage them! Also make sure they're properly gapped and a little bit of anti-seeze doesn't hurt. Definitely felt the tune up with the butt dyno.

How many miles did you have?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete