• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

I agree and my original plan was to add straight pipe but after finding a nice stainless x pipe I researched what having a double x pipe would do.  Corsa makes such an exhaust for corvettes and I believe mustang also.  What I found is that power and flow are minimal however is an increase, so not a negative effect on performance but what it really does is make a big impact on the acoustic tone.  For that alone I am curious and need to find out how much better my car might sound.  To my knowledge I would be the only one with a double x pipe exhaust.  The exhaust would then be 2.5 stainless straight back with double x pipe, no cats, no resonator and no mufflers. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Chris_Flex

Tired of the Chrome tail lights and the titanium flex tail lights are way to expensive so I tinted them myself, I think they came out pretty good and can still see the lights pretty well in the day haven't checked them at night yet.

We'll see how long it takes to get pulled over

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

MiWiAu

Quote from: ChrisxEco on March 31, 2019, 02:27:23 PM
Tired of the Chrome tail lights and the titanium flex tail lights are way to expensive so I tinted them myself, I think they came out pretty good and can still see the lights pretty well in the day haven't checked them at night yet.

Nice work! Did you just use window film?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

Chris_Flex

Quote from: MiWiAu on March 31, 2019, 02:33:09 PM
Quote from: ChrisxEco on March 31, 2019, 02:27:23 PM

Nice work! Did you just use window film?

I used VHT nightshade in a spray can

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

bpd1151

Well, after getting the right radiator, the GH IC & MSD Coils installed, we attempted to move onto the new, upgraded fuel injectors from DW.

And then we hit yet another snag. Seems like we've had nothing but delay, after delay. So the wiring harness was/is at a different angle then the OE Injectors. The retaining clip did not seat properly, and finally the connector wouldn't plug in, and closer inspection yielded the pins do not match.

Ugh. So after several phone calls, emails that included pictures, and get the chief/lead engineer from DW involved, we learned that there is an applicable adapter harness for the 2010 model year, which we were not aware of, and nor is advertised on their website.

DW is doing me a solid though, and is air shipping out the adapters to me, free of charge, for all the hassle's incurred. Which was/is very cool of them.

DW Injector has the orange nylon o-ring. The OE Injector does not (for visual differences in the pics).

Spent Saturday in front of a grinding wheel, and I ground down what I needed to on the steel retaining clips, to make them fit and seat properly. Fun times!

Also, we got the front crash bar re-installed, as well as the head assemblies, and more importantly the new aux trans cooler from Derale (with fan). Had to purchase all sorts of fittings, and a switch to run into the interior/cabin. Started the wiring on that as well.

Very, VERY CLOSE FIT! Like this/close! In order to provide just a tad bit of breathing room, we installed a single washer between the back side of the front crash bar, and the front side of each frame rail.

But all in all, she's resting well in the area just atop the crash bar.

Pretty much it for now. More work set to occur for this coming week. Stay tuned.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Derale Aux Tranny Cooler with fan.....

18SHO

Quote from: 802SHO on March 31, 2019, 11:54:42 AM
I agree and my original plan was to add straight pipe but after finding a nice stainless x pipe I researched what having a double x pipe would do.  Corsa makes such an exhaust for corvettes and I believe mustang also.  What I found is that power and flow are minimal however is an increase, so not a negative effect on performance but what it really does is make a big impact on the acoustic tone.  For that alone I am curious and need to find out how much better my car might sound.  To my knowledge I would be the only one with a double x pipe exhaust.  The exhaust would then be 2.5 stainless straight back with double x pipe, no cats, no resonator and no mufflers.

That will sound amazing. Had a double X on my 2015 mustang GT
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

Quote from: limited02 on March 29, 2019, 10:40:44 PM
Quote from: sm105k on March 29, 2019, 11:55:43 AM
I opened the garage, got in the SHO and started her.  Then she threw a fuel light at me, with a DTE of only 16 miles. So I promptly turned her off and got into the ST and went about my business.  My closest fuel station with E54 is 13 miles away, I like to live dangerously.

I also purchased a Ford Performance Tune for the ST.  So....
I had a hunch you weren't going to leave it stock!  Did you ask Brad if he could tune it?  Or does the Ford the retain the warranty in some way?

Yeah, I got bit.  Only heard and read good things about the Ford tune.  Basically plug and play with great results.  I did talk to Brad, but with how easy this was suppose to be, I went with Ford.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 30, 2019, 11:34:53 AM
Quote from: limited02 on March 29, 2019, 10:40:44 PM
Quote from: sm105k on March 29, 2019, 11:55:43 AM
I opened the garage, got in the SHO and started her.  Then she threw a fuel light at me, with a DTE of only 16 miles. So I promptly turned her off and got into the ST and went about my business.  My closest fuel station with E54 is 13 miles away, I like to live dangerously.

I also purchased a Ford Performance Tune for the ST.  So....
I had a hunch you weren't going to leave it stock!  Did you ask Brad if he could tune it?  Or does the Ford the retain the warranty in some way?

Doesn't Mountune(sp?) performance parts retain your warranty?

FWIW my wife promptly said no to me trading in the Fiesta SE for the ST.... but she puts up with so much car stuff from me I didn't argue....

Considering I was already working out the timing to get my Mycalibrator switched over from the SHO to the ST... so I could pop the tune on it before I drove off..

I don't know about the Mountune.  One of the bigger Youtube's for the Focus ST lives here in Phx.  I watch his channel, and he bought the Ford tune and said it was great.  I was worried about the fuel quality and heat here and he was said everything was good on his car.   

So I took the plunge, and started the process of tuning it.  Everything was good, until the writing ECU phase.  A module promptly timed out, and now the ST is a paperweight in my driveway.  GRRRRRR.....  Once I get off work today, I will be heading home to try to remedy this situation. The SHO came out of slumber at 0430 this morning and got DD'd today.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

bpd1151

Good to stretch out the SHO's legs a lil bit.....

Push the frustration of the ST aside, and enjoy the SHO for the time being.

A very nice back up vehicle so to speak!

SM105K

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 01, 2019, 09:57:56 AM
Good to stretch out the SHO's legs a lil bit.....

Push the frustration of the ST aside, and enjoy the SHO for the time being.

A very nice back up vehicle so to speak!

First World Problems right?  I was happy, I love the SHO but it is predictable/almost boring to drive it in the role of a DD. Just un-needed miles on it.  I grandpa it heavily, and it is 90% freeway all the way to work.  Set the cruise and listen to talk radio.   

The ST....on the other hand.....has a clutch, handbrake, and was suppose to have 90 more ft of TQ, and is technically a rally car.  It will get some Raceland coil overs next and we will see what happens when I pretend to be Ken Block.

ZSHO

I took apart the interior cabin temp sensor which is located inside in front of dashboard and cleaned it with some electronic cleaner since it correlates with the outside ambient temp sensor located inside the front grille fascia. Z

It is the job of the ambient temperature sensor to measure the external temperature of the vehicle as a reference point for the computer to make calculations. The computer will continuously monitor the signal from the ambient temperature sensor and make automatic adjustments as needed to maintain cabin temperature. Z

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,heat+&+air+conditioning,cabin+air+temperature+sensor,14376

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

76fomoco

did mine last month but had to replace it as the little fan was making noise even after cleaning it with the air gun. It was 55.00 at my dealer. super easy to change just pull down on the lower steering wheel cover just to pop the top right corner loose. then pull up on the bottom of the panel holding the fan and vent for the sensor located just to the right of the wheel and L of the start button. then just pull up on the panel the start button is in just to pop it up and you can pull the temp panel out. NO tools required. when putting it back in make sure you tuck the little tab on it on the start button side back under the start button panel.
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

lamrith

So yesterday I decided to drive my other ford ('95 mustang GT convertible) to work as it was the last not raining day we are going to have for a solid week.  I received a phone call from my youngest asking if he could drive the SHO to school since it was there and he did not want to defrost his car (lame excuse but I had to appreciate the attempt however lame)  He has driven it before and is a good driver so I let him take it.

Apparently made a bit of a splash as it is the 3rd different vehicle he has driven to school.  Most kids had no clue what it was..  "A taurus?"  heh  He educated them on it a bit, as well as letting them know it was pretty much the strongest and fastest car on the grounds.  He and I had a good laugh about talking about it and some of the egotistic kids thinking their CAI upgraded honda's were faster than a lame Ford Taurus. 

During the talk a vanity plate popped into my head.  One that is fitting a SHO and how it can belittle people that have lots of $ in their hotrod sportcars.. 
I figured one of you might like it as a alternative to the usual Boat referrences.  "EGOKLLR"

On a side note the car made it home safe with no scratches, wrinkles or tickets added.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.