• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

Quote from: BJSHO on February 25, 2019, 11:22:11 AM
FINALLY!!! Found a shop within a couple hour drive that has a Mechanically Linked DYNOJET!!!!  I am scheduled for Wednesday afternoon for a dyno session to compare the custom E30 tune from LMS and the E30 tune from Gearhead. 

What is REALLY cool is the shop is extremely familiar with the SHO and know Livernois as well. They were talking about a recent build they just did with a customer that included a motor, turbos, etc etc.. excited to see what can be done. They did offer to tune it as well lol..  We will see!

National Speed Inc in Richmond, VA.

Nice, I can't wait to see what yours puts out.  I say 435/530.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Quote from: sm105k on February 25, 2019, 11:49:59 AM
FINALLY!!! Found a shop within a couple hour drive that has a Mechanically Linked DYNOJET!!!!  I am scheduled for Wednesday afternoon for a dyno session to compare the custom E30 tune from LMS and the E30 tune from Gearhead. 

What is REALLY cool is the shop is extremely familiar with the SHO and know Livernois as well. They were talking about a recent build they just did with a customer that included a motor, turbos, etc etc.. excited to see what can be done. They did offer to tune it as well lol..  We will see!

I hope not.. I dont need 530ftlb of torque on the stock block! I am super curious.. I need to find out where I am and if bigger turbos are warranted at this time.. Im not interested in dropping the coin to only gain 20/30 hp.. we will see.. Stock block is only supposed to be able to handle 460/460 safely.. and torque converter is a real concern at much over 515tq

SM105K

Quote from: BJSHO on February 25, 2019, 12:01:39 PM
Quote from: sm105k on February 25, 2019, 11:49:59 AM

I hope not.. I dont need 530ftlb of torque on the stock block! I am super curious.. I need to find out where I am and if bigger turbos are warranted at this time.. Im not interested in dropping the coin to only gain 20/30 hp.. we will see.. Stock block is only supposed to be able to handle 460/460 safely.. and torque converter is a real concern at much over 515tq

I am willing to bet that the transmission gives up before the motor does. I want 440-450 hp and 530+ tq to be satisfied....for now lol. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

I found a place too that is close...well at least in the same state as the track I go to within 30 miles or so.  Will definitely get some numbers to share when that time comes. 

Look forward to hearing your results.  I think its mind boggling that torque can be up near or even over 500 at the wheels with you guys running relatively basic upgrades and e30. 

I'm intetested to see how my car does with the new IC and meth.  Hopefully someone else does first so I can see how sweet that will be.  I love how meth gives you that extra octane and lowers IAT2 temps so well...but as soon as you let off the gas the IAT2 temps skyrocket immediately back up with the stock IC.  I love how the new IC keeps the IAT2 in check, brings it down and keeps it there for some time. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ZSHO

I ordered a new set of PPE High Performance Catted DP and Big shout out to Mike.B over @  www.ecopowerparts.com for his awesome customer service and support which is by far second to none IMHO.   :thumb:

:bigthanx: to Paul @ Ppe Headers
sales@ppeengineering.com for his continued help and support. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on February 28, 2019, 09:16:50 PM
I ordered a new set of PPE High Performance Catted DP and Big shout out to Mike.B over @  www.ecopowerparts.com for his awesome customer service and support which is by far second to none IMHO.   :thumb:

sales@ppeengineering.com for his help and support. Z  :)

Uhhh why do you need a new set?

ZSHO

Quote from: BJSHO on February 28, 2019, 09:30:54 PM

They started to loose there Lustre with roughly 4 winter's here in N.Y.
Btw I could imagine all that Carbon Buildup inside the pipes! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

nickstewartroc

Quote from: ZSHO on February 28, 2019, 10:57:01 PM
Quote from: BJSHO on February 28, 2019, 09:30:54 PM

They started to loose there Lustre with roughly 4 winter's here in Yankee land. Btw I could imagine all that carbon buildup inside the pipes! Z

The real question is what do you plan on doing with the old set ;)
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

bpd1151

In anticipation of next weeks install(s) of all my performance parts gathered over the last 9mo.'s, I fired her up for the 1st time in a few months today.

Woo Hoo, she's ALIVEEEE !!!

I also motored on over to my local stealership, and snagged me 12 qt.'s of MERCON LV for the low low LOW price of $6.09 p/qt.

Crazy that trans fluid can be had cheaper than what the RP HPS oil runs me.

Anyhow 19 days left until Spring officially starts. I can't wait til the warmer weather finally arrives.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

802SHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 01, 2019, 02:54:56 PM
In anticipation of next weeks install(s) of all my performance parts gathered over the last 9mo.'s, I fired her up for the 1st time in a few months today.

Woo Hoo, she's ALIVEEEE !!!

I also motored on over to my local stealership, and snagged me 12 qt.'s of MERCON LV for the low low LOW price of $6.09 p/qt.

Crazy that trans fluid can be had cheaper than what the RP HPS oil runs me.

Anyhow 19 days left until Spring officially starts. I can't wait til the warmer weather finally arrives.

BPD I'm surprised you of all people don't rock this home screen wallpaper. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

bpd1151

Pulled the SHO out, took it for a short drive to fill up the gas tank.

Returned home and loaded up a good chunk of the goodies into the car.

Then, before returning the SHO into it's resting place, I chose to cut up some old, left over carpeting from the old house and use it on the concrete floor.

Not sure if that will be of any benefit, or not? But someone in conversation told me about storing cars over the winter and the tires reacting to the concrete or something. Hell IDK. But I had it available, so meh. Whatevs.

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 03, 2019, 03:27:32 PM
Pulled the SHO out, took it for a short drive to fill up the gas tank.

Returned home and loaded up a good chunk of the goodies into the car.

Then, before returning the SHO into it's resting place, I chose to cut up some old, left over carpeting from the old house and use it on the concrete floor.

Not sure if that will be of any benefit, or not? But someone in conversation told me about storing cars over the winter and the tires reacting to the concrete or something. Hell IDK. But I had it available, so meh. Whatevs.

Looking Good there bpd1151. Z  :thumb:  I would of filled up the Tank Prior to storage!

Info on Tire flat-spotting! Z

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=42

StealBlueSho

This happened to my fathers sho... he literally put 11 miles on it one year... and that was the trip to the inspection station and back! He loaned me the car for awhile and I ended up putting new tires one it cause they were permanently deformed and rode like crap. Figured it was the least I could do since he was letting me borrow it... or perhaps he loaned it to me knowing I would replace them due to my OCD nature.... hmmmm

SM105K

Kinda cool. First picture I took this picture the day after I bought the car on my journey home. Completely bone stock...

Second picture. This was taken almost a year later at the same spot. Just visual mods. De-badged, Darker Tint, H&R Springs, Ceramic Coating, and that plate.....lol. Next up is paint matching the chrome.

Couple of take aways this weekend:

You can power drift this platform. The guy in the WRX tagging along with me up Waterman Ave heading to Crestline witnessed this first hand. Pretty sure he had to change his pants as I drifted around him. I know I had too. The H&R springs worked great in the mountains, I definitely had more confidence stuffing this 4500 lb sedan into corners that I would have taken a bit slower in the past. Night and day difference with the springs and brakes.

I did find the limits of the PowerStop brakes. On the back side of Crestline it is really technical, all down hill, and has a lot of corners. I made it to the almost the bottom, when the brakes decided to exit stage left. Pedal feel never left, but brake fade was immense. I don't know if the pads and rotors were too hot, or if the fluid was boiling in the calipers. Either, I took it easy for the last mile and got onto a nice straight away and they eventually came back.

Also, my SHO tops out at 157 mph.

After this weekend, I am pretty sure the SHO can file domestic violence charges on me.....

802SHO

Lol Hell yeah!  So you and the SHO have a toxic relationship