• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Always good to have a few of those on hand for sure.

A backup / second pump in reserve is also a great idea.

Having both of the above just means significantly less down time when it comes time to requiring swapping of them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jordan

Finished hiding the wires to my new Livewire TS in the car and mounted it up in the top left of the windshield. Now just need some updated tunes and back on the road! My BDX was in worse shape. Kept dying on me if you messed with the cord. Made retuning pretty stressful. Even bought a new cord for it. Guess it just went haywire on me.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SHOdded

some wires are constructed better than others.  hence can cause or pickup interference.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jordan

Quote from: SHOdded on January 30, 2019, 03:19:25 PM
some wires are constructed better than others.  hence can cause or pickup interference.

Yeah, it started to become a pain in my butt so decided just better off upgrading. Like going from a Nokia phone to a smartphone with the Livewire LOL

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

nickstewartroc

It's sad that the BDX wasn't designed better. I specifically bought it over the X4 thinking I could have it on the dash like I do my Accessport in my ST. Didn't realize they port the damn data port on the top so there's no way to make it look "nice" while having this giant cable sticking out the top
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SM105K

Quote from: Jordan on January 30, 2019, 03:16:10 PM
Finished hiding the wires to my new Livewire TS in the car and mounted it up in the top left of the windshield. Now just need some updated tunes and back on the road! My BDX was in worse shape. Kept dying on me if you messed with the cord. Made retuning pretty stressful. Even bought a new cord for it. Guess it just went haywire on me.

Can you take a picture? I love where mine is mounted, but it sits directly in front of a vent.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SM105K

Quote from: nickstewartroc on January 30, 2019, 08:58:48 PM
It's sad that the BDX wasn't designed better. I specifically bought it over the X4 thinking I could have it on the dash like I do my Accessport in my ST. Didn't realize they port the damn data port on the top so there's no way to make it look "nice" while having this giant cable sticking out the top

What kinda of ST? Focus? I am going to pick one up in a couple of weeks and I am always interested to hear what people have to say.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

nickstewartroc

Quote from: sm105k on January 31, 2019, 10:08:24 AM

What kinda of ST? Focus? I am going to pick one up in a couple of weeks and I am always interested to hear what people have to say.

Fiesta! Liked it better than the Focus actually. Absolutely love it
Current:

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SM105K

Quote from: nickstewartroc on January 31, 2019, 12:24:16 PM

Very cool, I sat in a FiST and my back didn't really fit well.  Short and wide problems....

nickstewartroc

Quote from: sm105k on January 31, 2019, 12:37:27 PM
Quote from: nickstewartroc on January 31, 2019, 12:24:16 PM

Very cool, I sat in a FiST and my back didn't really fit well.  Short and wide problems....

Yeah, one thing to keep in mind is the seat too, you have the recaros and the standard seats. I bought mine with the standard (didn't know about the Recaros) and ended up swapping a seat of Recaros in. They hug real well, but aren't the best fit for everyone
Current:

Jordan

Quote from: sm105k on January 31, 2019, 10:06:56 AM

Can you take a picture? I love where mine is mounted, but it sits directly in front of a vent.

I figured this would be the best spot to be out of my line of sight, but can monitor data during a pull without being too distracting

SM105K

Quote from: Jordan on January 31, 2019, 03:58:06 PM

I figured this would be the best spot to be out of my line of sight, but can monitor data during a pull without being too distracting

I was thinking up in the far left corner.  I will just have to figure out if my visors will still work.  I will also have to cut my sun shade, again.

Jordan

Quote from: sm105k on February 01, 2019, 07:53:53 AM
Quote from: Jordan on January 31, 2019, 03:58:06 PM

I was thinking up in the far left corner.  I will just have to figure out if my visors will still work.  I will also have to cut my sun shade, again.

This is as far up left as it can go without being in the way of the visor.

ZSHO

I did end up replacing the Low level fluid washer sensor for the fun since already having the parts on hand plus a new grommet through the wheel well liner early today.
I found installing the grommet first to be ideal followed by pushing the Low sensor in until it (clicks) into place.
Need to make sure the sensor itself is positioned correctly while the Float stays in the UP Position when the Reservoir is FuLL and DOWN when LOW..
I provide more info and Pics for anyone interested.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|