• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on October 25, 2018, 02:54:46 PM
Quote from: sm105k on October 25, 2018, 12:11:26 PM
Heading the the track tomorrow with Brad's new E30 tune.....should be interesting.
Full steam ahead!

I report the findings.  I am actually pretty excited.  Hopefully I wont have complete terrible D.A. and decent temps. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

I cleaned the Redhead today and threw a quick spray of Malco glaze for an added touch.  :)

I finally finished up the ignition coil connectors to find part of the red rubber seal broken apart inside the shell which compresses the harness/connector once the Red Tab is in the locked position!
If the seal is broken it will not provide a fully secure seal even with the red lock tab mechanism in the locked position from my perspective.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

This fault is on the repair part, Z?  Where was it manufactured?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 25, 2018, 06:11:54 PM
This fault is on the repair part, Z?  Where was it manufactured?
I should of clarified,but it was the original connector since 11/12 ! 
I guess with wear and tear the seal will ultimately get brittle!. How TO !  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Ah ok.  You ecoboosters changing out plugs so often might be seeing more of it too.  May be a good idea to boost the flexibility of the seal with some dielectric before reconnecting.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ToMang07

Got the car it's first undercoating done yesterday. $150 for complete undercarriage, doors, fenders, hood, and trunk is a good deal in my book. I will say however watching them drill holes in it made me cringe to no end.

Officially ready for winter....and it was 19*F this morning.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

SHOdded

yeah would make me cringe too!  Fluid Film annually is the best way to avoid it.  What product did they use for undercoating?

ToMang07

Rust Check. Apparently they are BIG in Canada, new this far south. It's a black oil, so heavier than fluid film. However I plan to add fluid film in the door jams and seams throughout the winter.

https://www.rustcheck.com/

~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

shoNoff

I'm having mine fluid filmed in the next couple weeks. Originally I was going to put the sho away but that's not in the cards. I will have to drive it some and when I do it will be in the worst of weather. Tom stay on those door jambs and inner fenders. After I purchased my car CPO ford had to do rust repair on my inner fenders.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ToMang07

That's exactly my concern.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

~Tom~

SHOdded

:o Say it ain't so!  Hope you get it stopped but good!

shoNoff

They put brand new inner fenders in the car. Believe me they hated me by the end of the porcess. I would poke my head into the dealership daily to make sure it was being fixed correctly.

lamrith

Holly Cow, your 2013 was that badly rested out already?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

shoNoff

Quote from: lamrith on October 28, 2018, 09:45:31 AM
Holly Cow, your 2013 was that badly rested out already?

Yup CPO with 41k on it. Didn't even notice when I bought the car. I had brought the car home had the doors open and was putting stuff in the car. I looked down in the door jamb area and was like WHAT THE F***

shoNoff

Driving to work this morning I felt a slight stutter in the car getting on it hard. So I overnighted new MSD coils and NGK 6510's for the track tomorrow. Going to install tomorrow and give those MSD's a real 1/4 mile test.