• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I found the Charge pipe to Front Turbo Hose clamp a bit loose for my taste!
I then double checked each hose clamp for a peace of mind and added security,especially after the summer months of heat which contributes to hose expansion. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

lamrith

Nice cruise to work this morning and finally had a chance to test the new tires, traffic has been bad so I have been taking surface streets all week.  Went in early too catch up on backlog and no traffic so I took the highway route for 1st time since new tires were put on last Fri. (275/40-20 GMAX AS-05)

WOW, must say I am pretty darn happy with these new shoes!!  There is one particular cloverleaf I take that has a great radius 270* sweeper.  It is so long and smooth you can actually experiment and play with throttle thru the corner with the car loaded up and feel things like tire sidewall rolling based on load, etc.

I was not sure how the sidewall were on these new tires, so I rolled into the cloverleaf @ 40mph.  Transition in was solid and scanning ahead I could see surface was dry so I started rolling into throttle. Accelerated up past 55mph and never felt the tires roll, wiggle or give any signs of nearing loss of adhesion.  In fact I actually tightned up my radius mid corner compared to normal line.  I could have rolled into it more, but I had already sucked up on the tail of the car that was 1/4mi in front of me when I entered the turn.  The old tires you could feel them roll the sidewalls around 45mph and car felt mushy in a way that told you that you were on the ragged edge of traction, they would also be talking to you at that point.
These tires did none of that, they are LOCKED IN!  Straight line traction is also much improved, even in rain I can plant my foot in it and car just jumps, so noise, no TC interference, just slams your head into seat and you are gone.
:evilB: :drive:
I can't wait to really push these tires on some fully dry pavement.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Macgyver

lamrith

Quote from: Macgyver on October 11, 2018, 04:41:04 PM
Yeah heck of a deal huh.
Yeah the price on them was just too soooopid to pass up.  I had my eyes set on Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's, but at 1/2 the cost I jumped on the AS-05's.

I had discount tire install them,  The guy checking me in said I should have contacted them, they match pricing.  Told him straight up, normally I do, but this time I knew there was no way they could touch the price and was not wanting to waste their time, he did a double take and agreed when I showed him the Amazon invoice.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Jordan

Welp Midnight madness got cancelled due to rain. Fudge
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Jordan on October 12, 2018, 04:32:57 PM
Welp Midnight madness got cancelled due to rain. Fudge

That sucks! I drove two hours once to a track just to have them close up when I got to gates due to wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan

Still have an opportunity to get in some last runs on 11/2. I didn't leave yet or anything to get to the strip 2 hours away so I have just been sitting at home so no real loss other than having to work tomorrow instead of today! Ha..

802SHO

Quote from: Jordan on October 12, 2018, 05:53:29 PM
Still have an opportunity to get in some last runs on 11/2. I didn't leave yet or anything to get to the strip 2 hours away so I have just been sitting at home so no real loss other than having to work tomorrow instead of today! Ha..

That's disappointing for sure.  I want to see what else you can do too and with your new tune! 

I'm going to Test and Tune this Sunday.  About 44 degrees and I just realigned her, front toe off pulling to the right.  All good now nice and straight.  I think I've overlooked alignment and its effects.  I got accepted to Dragtimes for my 12.06.  Although I didn't list my car type.  It said Ford Taurus.  I edited it and I see I cant see it anymore.  Time to approve my edit I assune. 

Interesting was looking at all the 11 sec SHO's 2010+.  Every single one on 100+ octane + or - meth/nitrous.  If I can squeeze out an extra .07 that will be an 11 on 93 +meth.  Well, fingers crossed! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Jordan

StealBlueSho

Love seeing all these SHOs getting lower in the ETs!

ZSHO

I guess with much prep and sage wisdom from LMS Dan Millen will be heading to the track with Manu this month and hopefully with mother nature on my back in my quest to break into the elusive 11's barrier! Fingers crossed. Z   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on October 12, 2018, 09:49:13 PM
I guess with much prep and sage advice from LMS Dan Millen will be heading to the track with Manu this month and hopefully with mother nature on my back in my quest to break into the elusive 11's barrier! Fingers crossed. Z

Would that make you the first LMS car to hit 11's in stock snails?

802SHO

I guess with much prep and sage advice from LMS Dan Millen will be heading to the track with Manu this month and hopefully with mother nature on my back in my quest to break into the elusive 11's barrier! Fingers crossed. Z

Give her hell Z
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 12, 2018, 10:15:15 PM

Would that make you the first LMS car to hit 11's in stock snails?

IDK! But I'll take it. Z   ;)