• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Quote from: Jordan on October 07, 2018, 07:22:23 PM
Got an updated race fuel tune from Brad today! Looking hopeful at lowering down my time on the 12th at a midnight madness. I am hoping the DA will be nice and low now that it is fall. 3000DA is the lowest it's ran at so far so here is hoping! Pretty dang excited really to see what we can get done. Hope these new 275 truck tires will hook well!
Friday Night is LightEmUp Night!  Good luck :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

Quote from: Jordan on October 07, 2018, 08:36:07 PM
Lamrith that fitment looks great!
Thanks.

Cool thing is that I went to discount tire to have them installed.  Was going to be $195 for mount/balance, tax, etc..  Got there and the guy said I should have gotten tires from him, they match pricing, etc.  Then I told him I normally do use them exclusively, but with the price I paid I knew he could not match it and it would be borderline insulting to ask him too.  He was shocked at the price but rolled with it and then asked me if I wanted to get the replacement certificates for them, told him I didn't think it was worth the expense.  Normally for a commuter car I will do it due to miles and crap on roads, but had to play the game..  So he told me he would waive the mount fee if I did.  SOLD!!  All said mounted, balanced, full replacement certificates, tax, disposal fees, etc $231 otd.

1st commute drive today, man what a difference.  It was raining all night, soaked roads and she stuck like roads were dry.  Ride is noticeably smoother and quieter as well.  I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

I kept the two best tires from old set and will have them mounted on the old stock wheels I have laying around.  Might see about deflating one and making it fit in trunk along with the factory emergency pump and a jack setup.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

I had the Ford dealer install and balance my Dunlops for a Grand Total of $97.00 . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

lamrith

Quote from: ZSHO on October 08, 2018, 01:11:13 PM
I had the Ford dealer install and balance my Dunlops for a Grand Total of $97.00 . Z
You got a steal Z!  Unless I was willing to go to a used tire store, the cheapest around was Firestone @ $168+tax to mount and balance 4 tires.  Given the way they nicked one of my wheels doing alignment I was not about to have them touch her again.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Reloaded my LMS tune today, decided I'm going to stick with them. The car may or may not be as fast, but it feels "happier".

Have an email out to LMS as well about their new programmer, if it can datalog and do live monitoring of pids, I'll probably off load the SCT device and the old my calibrator for new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Dang it SBS, moving into real Steal-th mode, aren't you?  Very very disappointing LOL.

Ya, whatever details you can dig up about this newfangled tech called datalogging would be welcome.  More so, the WHY of its' existence at LME.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on October 08, 2018, 06:53:36 PM
Dang it SBS, moving into real Steal-th mode, aren't you?  Very very disappointing LOL.

Ya, whatever details you can dig up about this newfangled tech called datalogging would be welcome.  More so, the WHY of its' existence at LME.

No reason to be disappointed. My original plan was to stick with LMS for this car, Matt got me hyped up on his tune, decided to give it a try since he is doing lots of cool stuff for our cars. I suspect there is not much more than a little over a tenth of a difference between the tunes. And the LMS tune is super clean and smooth on the datalogs...  I have swapped tuners so much that I swore I wasn't gonna do that with my 2016...

I am considering selling off the X4 device.

SHOdded

Sure.  Let's go with that.  LOL.  But yeah, smooth is what you need for a long-term fling.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on October 08, 2018, 08:24:47 PM
Sure.  Let's go with that.  LOL.  But yeah, smooth is what you need for a long-term fling.

Uh oh Manu... am I sensing some tude? Perhaps an eye roll in there somewhere?

Not that I don't warrant it lol...

But I am serious this time..

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 08, 2018, 08:31:11 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on October 08, 2018, 08:24:47 PM

Super clean conservative(smooth) tune.  Does one purchase a HPFP among other items with intent to be conservative?  Perhaps.  Idk SBS.  I don't know you personally but I've read many of your posts.  Tunes from LMS, AJP and GearHead.  You look at all the data logs.  Is GH tune really that aggressive?  Idk.  I like the fact that you havent been completely all about one tuner.  In fact your reviews of working with each tuner and their results is interesting and informative.  Part of your experince with Brad helped me choose Brad for an LMS alternative.  I couldn't be happier.  For me the sole purpose of my mods were to be faster.  And never recklessly faster.  I was running 11 psi of boost on my LMS Meth tune.  Clean and smooth is good but for me if I wanted to be that I might as well have stayed stock.  But its not like I'm about to break down any moment now.
My two cents. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

My current SHO really isn't that modded.. 3BAR, AIRAID, HPFP, Tune, and Springs.. lots of go fast parts still on the table... (meth, IC, Turbos, etc etc). You could argue that instead of spending on the money on an exhaust and downpipes I spent it on a pump.

Does one buy a HPFP to stay conservative? I would venture to say the HPFP is much more a safety net. In the next month or so you will see people posting complaining about hesitation under load... happens every winter. The reason for this is as temps drops the demand on fuel gets higher. Tunes that run well during the warmer months don't always run well in colder months for this reason. The HPFP allows me to run an aggressive tune all year round.

Is Gearheads E30 tune with the HPFP aggressive? I would most certainly say so, the overall load was higher than any meth tune I had on my 2010. It's very capable of running 11's with exhaust work and some weight reduction on stock turbos. And the data logs show it. It's got all the safety features built in, so it's safe, but very aggressive for sure.

I wouldn't call LMS conservative. Their tunes have always been within a couple tenths of anyone else's tunes that demand far more from the car. I can say that LMS tunes are the most consistent tunes I have run.

And smooth power isn't in and of itself conservative.  A car that is tuned well will be smooth and deceivingly quick. I have made it no secret that while the LMS tunes don't have that throw in the back of the seat high boost feeling, their tune always surprises me at the track.

My fastest uncorrected time with Brad was a 12.351 and my fastest uncorrected time with LMS was a 12.41x but the demand between the tunes from the car were very different. Point is, the butt dyno can easily be wrong.

And I can also say that having worked with all the tuners and then knowledge I have gleaned, LMS doesn't push the car much if at all past what the components can efficiently handle.

SHOdded

Tude?  Me?  Twas a jest, as we modders ultimately give in to temptation lol.  Resistance is futile!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on October 08, 2018, 09:21:34 PM

Tude?  Me?  Twas a jest, as we modders ultimately give in to temptation lol.  Resistance is futile!

StealBlueSho

LMS Touch MyCalibrator supports live streaming upto 6 PIDS... I will be ordering this tomorrow and selling off my SCTx4 and possibly the MyCalibrator I have right now. Curious if LMS will do a trade in.. otherwise its going up.

Jordan

Just send me over that HPFP and return to the ULTRA smooth reliability of stock ;) I will even so graciously return my HPFP in exchange. :P
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque