• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on September 29, 2018, 01:35:51 PM
I guess after double checking the spark plug install today broke an ignition coil red retainer clip!!!  :(
I cut a 2 inch piece of a (Zip tie) and inserted in place of the plastic clip and hopefully it holds up well for the time being.  Z

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,electrical-connector,ignition+coil+connector,2592
Yeah, those clips are a real PITA :(  I am barebacking one coil right now on the Edge LOL.  Geezapeez, these replacements must be made of pure gold!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on September 29, 2018, 02:26:44 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on September 29, 2018, 01:35:51 PM
I guess after double checking the spark plug install today broke an ignition coil red retainer clip!!!  :(
I cut a 2 inch piece of a (Zip tie) and inserted in place of the plastic clip and hopefully it holds up well for the time being.  Z

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,electrical-connector,ignition+coil+connector,2592
Yeah, those clips are a real PITA :(  I am barebacking one coil right now on the Edge LOL.  Geezapeez, these replacements must be made of pure gold!
Don't want or need any type of spark blowout!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Jordan

Ever since I swapped out the aluminum wheels for some graphite colored ones the chrome has been bothering me. So brought out the plastidip to get rid of the chrome on the front once again.. Gotta keep busy I guess!
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

802SHO

Quote from: Jordan on October 01, 2018, 09:56:30 PM
Ever since I swapped out the aluminum wheels for some graphite colored ones the chrome has been bothering me. So brought out the plastidip to get rid of the chrome on the front once again.. Gotta keep busy I guess!

Curious if you plastidipped your grille yet and if so any pics?
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Swapped out the USB hub to support CarPlay. Took literally under 2 minutes... CarPlay works like a champ, very happy I made the swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan

Quote from: 802SHO on October 03, 2018, 05:19:29 AM
Quote from: Jordan on October 01, 2018, 09:56:30 PM

Curious if you plastidipped your grille yet and if so any pics?

Yes I did I'll try to take some photos for you

Jordan

Didn't get any in sunlight with the new wheels but here is a photo of the last time I did the front chrome.

802SHO

Quote from: Jordan on October 03, 2018, 11:50:08 PM
Didn't get any in sunlight with the new wheels but here is a photo of the last time I did the front chrome.

Nice!  Its nice to see someone else messing around with blacking things out.  Its funny bc I've taken it off before too thinking well maybe the original looks better.  And that lasts for about a day, then I regret showing chrome again.  I'm sure it looks great with graphite wheels.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHO2GO

Was in the process of gapping a BMW 5 when I started misfiring and dumping fuel. Torque app was throwing a dozen different codes. Limped to the nearest dealer to find out #1 injector had stuck wide open... "but hey, at least it's under warranty". F'n better be, it's only got 27-K on it!!!
Needless to say I'll be watching for that white 5 series rolling up on me and will dust him again. Till something else breaks.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO, 100% stock... for now, mods in design stage.

SHOdded

Hope that's the last trouble you see for some time!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jordan

Got an updated race fuel tune from Brad today! Looking hopeful at lowering down my time on the 12th at a midnight madness. I am hoping the DA will be nice and low now that it is fall. 3000DA is the lowest it's ran at so far so here is hoping! Pretty dang excited really to see what we can get done. Hope these new 275 truck tires will hook well!

lamrith

Busy week last week.  I had been letting everything settle before correct alignment since raising back up, but rain finally came in last week and car was like it was on ice.  Had the alignment done Tues and that helped quite a bit, but she was still not confidence inspiring.

So I went in Friday and had the GMAX AS-05's I got in that super sale a 2 months ago put on the car.  It is funny how you do not notice road noise changes over time.  Not only do the new tires ride much smoother, but they are notably quieter.  I love the new stance too between the wired wheels, tires and stance the car finally looks the part of a sport sedan.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Did you ever sell those PPE catted pipes?

lamrith

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 07, 2018, 07:57:49 PM
Did you ever sell those PPE catted pipes?

Nah I left them on, didn't feel like going thru the work to remove them.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Jordan