• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Here are my spark plugs for reference! I think me missing the SP542'S. LOL.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Z keep us informed on the SP-542 equivalents you are running with Meth. There have been a couple people running meth they ended up fouling those cooler plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 25, 2018, 07:26:18 PM
Z keep us informed on the SP-542 equivalents you are running with Meth. There have been a couple people running meth they ended up fouling those cooler plugs.

Funny you mentioned that, I've been meaning to pull mine to inspect them and check the gap.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

Macgyver

Meth cools the combustion chamber sooo.......

ZSHO

Quote from: Macgyver on September 26, 2018, 12:35:49 AM

Meth cools the combustion chamber sooo.......
I think he is referring to the one step colder plugs fouling up!  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Trying something different....

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Sooo.. long story short... Matt Robinson at GH offered to tune my LMS Firestorm setup... runs like a bat out of hell with his tune....

Trying for the track Friday or Saturday... we will see...

Driving manners are very well refined... very happy thus far.

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 26, 2018, 02:48:10 PM
Sooo.. long story short... Matt Robinson at GH offered to tune my LMS Firestorm setup... runs like a bat out of hell with his tune....

I finally got my hpfp tuned right as well. SCT finally got their stuff together and running E35 holding 3k psi with dips of 2800psi first time trying E30 and barely on the first revision feels like my fine tuned meth tune. I'm currently not spraying any so hopefully once I get the ATPs on I can get the E tune and meth fine tuned at his dyno

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

StealBlueSho

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on September 26, 2018, 03:21:58 PM

I finally got my hpfp tuned right as well. SCT finally got their stuff together and running E35 holding 3k psi with dips of 2800psi first time trying E30 and barely on the first revision feels like my fine tuned meth tune. I'm currently not spraying any so hopefully once I get the ATPs on I can get the E tune and meth fine tuned at his dyno

Good deal, I had Matt also tune my 2010 meth. This tune is pushing more load so in theory it should be pushing more power. The track will be the ultimate test as I ran a 12.2 on my 2010. I ran a 12.799 with the E30 LMS tune... so we will see.

FWIW... we went 7 revision to get it right.. apparently my turbo's are very strong according to him.. kept going over demanded and having the throttle step in to prevent overboost conditions. I think every car has a little something different...

I also have the same strategy as he does on his 2016 so that made it easier lol.

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 26, 2018, 03:25:36 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on September 26, 2018, 03:21:58 PM

Good deal, I had Matt also tune my 2010 meth. This tune is pushing more load so in theory it should be pushing more power. The track will be the ultimate test as I ran a 12.2 on my 2010. I ran a 12.799 with the E30 LMS tune... so we will see.

FWIW... we went 7 revision to get it right.. apparently my turbo's are very strong according to him.. kept going over demanded and having the throttle step in to prevent overboost conditions. I think every car has a little something different...

I also have the same strategy as he does on his 2016 so that made it easier lol.
Yea my car has been s*** to tune idk why I want to be a firm believer that it's bad turbos or wastegates cause ever since my first tune I kept hitting  100wgdc and always loosing boost and I've checked for leaks multiple times and fixed the 1 that found but none since. I'm sure matt will get my set up right once I get everything installed and go to his Dyno

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

StealBlueSho

Hopefully the turbos will fix that...  Matt is working with an engine builder out in my neck of the woods to get some custom cams and other fun stuff done.. once he gets done I am probably going the same route depending on results.. The rough estimate from LMS for their race block is high compared to other shops...

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 26, 2018, 04:33:54 PM
Hopefully the turbos will fix that...  Matt is working with an engine builder out in my neck of the woods to get some custom cams and other fun stuff done.. once he gets done I am probably going the same route depending on results.. The rough estimate from LMS for their race block is high compared to other shops...
Yes I've talked to Matt about the LMS block he said he can get better pricing and with heads included. I'm looking forward to next year which is when I'm planning on going built motor.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

Jordan

You are going to be setting records at the pace you are going my man. Curious to see if the upgraded turbos fix your problem because I remember you always having issues with that.

On another note tires came in today... Truck/SUV tires that is. Figure the SHO is heavy enough to count ha! On top of that they are a decently "sticky" all season tire. 275/40r20 Hankook Ventus ST...

Ended up price matching them to an even lower $125 per tire and still getting the buy 3 get 1 free deal making them a grand total of.... $94 a tire. Only catch is I have to have them mounted and balanced there which at $60 for all 4 I will take that all day long. With them doing the work I can get my owner's advantage benefits on the whole lot giving me an extra $22 back. So basically paid... $468 all said and done once the wheels come in with the ability to use that twenty bucks or so on my next service. Getting the hook up with some good take off tire pressure sensors too. All around just getting mad stacks of deals. Loving it.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque