• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 21, 2018, 12:57:26 PM
Forgot to post this the other day... swapped out the factory SP-534's for the SP-542's. Got a great deal from Auto-Zone.. $5.99 per plug plus 7 dollars off the total price. ended up paying $29 for all 6 plugs...

My 2016 has 11,500 miles on it and all 6 plugs had a perfect gap of .030 according to my feeler tool. I swapped them anyway because after talking to Matt Robinson he highly recommended the SP-542's set to .026 for my setup with the HPFP and E30. Torrie has also moved to the SP-542's but he recommends .028 from what I understand.

Car feels smoother for sure and not getting any KR... I wasn't before either, but it has smoothed out the over RPM band.

Still on the fence on the MSD coilpacks.. I can cash in some employeer rewards for Amazon gift cards so I could pick them up for free. But I want solid data that they actually perform better than stock besides a one off dyno session.

Also, if you do have the HPFP.. you will need to remove it to pull the plug on Cylinder 1. A bit more a of a PIA but not horrid.
I thought Gearhead recommended the MSD Coils along with the MC-542'S based on the article posted by bpd1151!  Z

https://www.drivingline.com/articles/new-product-spotlight-msd-performance-coil-packs-for-ford-ecoboost-engines/

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on September 21, 2018, 02:52:13 PM
Forgot to post this the other day... swapped out the factory SP-534's for the SP-542's. Got a great deal from Auto-Zone.. $5.99 per plug plus 7 dollars off the total price. ended up paying $29 for all 6 plugs...

My 2016 has 11,500 miles on it and all 6 plugs had a perfect gap of .030 according to my feeler tool. I swapped them anyway because after talking to Matt Robinson he highly recommended the SP-542's set to .026 for my setup with the HPFP and E30. Torrie has also moved to the SP-542's but he recommends .028 from what I understand.

Car feels smoother for sure and not getting any KR... I wasn't before either, but it has smoothed out the over RPM band.

Still on the fence on the MSD coilpacks.. I can cash in some employeer rewards for Amazon gift cards so I could pick them up for free. But I want solid data that they actually perform better than stock besides a one off dyno session.

Also, if you do have the HPFP.. you will need to remove it to pull the plug on Cylinder 1. A bit more a of a PIA but not horrid.
I thought Gearhead recommended the MDS Coils along with the MC-542'S based on the article posted by bpd1151!  Z

https://www.drivingline.com/articles/new-product-spotlight-msd-performance-coil-packs-for-ford-ecoboost-engines/

They do recommend the MSD coils... but I would like to see technical evidence showing that MSD coils produce a bigger spark than stock...

Also remember that Mike has been setting the record on stock coils too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan

Matt at gh posted a graph of the spark comparison one day what really sold me on them. No clue where it's at now... However it is a mod that is on my car.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

ZSHO

@- SBS Agreed! But in my case they were indeed warranted,especially with the current mileage on the original stock coil setup ....
BTW - I did update my post on my initial overall impressions on the MSD'S.  Z  :)

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,299.5505.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on September 21, 2018, 01:16:26 PM
Quote from: shoNoff on September 15, 2018, 08:46:03 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 14, 2018, 11:02:42 PM
Soooo... my buddy just picked up a car trailer... then graciously offered to tow my car to LMS for a dyno tune and some other planned goodies...

Calling tomorrow to start the wheels moving on that...

He also offered to trailer my car when I go to the track as to avoid heat soak upon arriving... my first response was "WTF would you trailer a mid 12 second 4 door sedan to the track" he's was response was "F'em, who cares what anyone else thinks..."

Would be nice to get this E30 tune dialed in, LMS said that the remote tunes for E30 on the SHO are not optimized to take full advantage..

When I was a younger I once trailered my high 13 second fox body to be track. We told everyone it ran mid 10's that asked then proceeded to unload the car and run 13.8's all night.
Lmao, did you get any dirty looks after a few passes?

"Oh we're just shakin' er down. Takin' it easy, don't wanna break anything."

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

It was on the trailer because I blew the overdrive servo that week in the transmission. And if anyone knows about the old AOD it was common. After overdrive goes you slowly start to lose all gears. Well that night I entered the bracket race and ended up winning. The transmission was so bad by the final round I had to stomp the pedal on the first Amber to get it to move by green. It was like having a built in delay box. So after taking the picture winning the transmission was so bad the car wouldn't drive up the trailer. And being a poor young kid I had no winch. So I had to back the car onto the trailer since basically no forward gears were working at that point lol. My buddy kept telling everyone "the timing is off so we haven't turned on the bottle tonight." Well there was no bottle lol
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 21, 2018, 02:53:36 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on September 21, 2018, 02:52:13 PM

I thought Gearhead recommended the MDS Coils along with the MC-542'S based on the article posted by bpd1151!  Z

They do recommend the MSD coils... but I would like to see technical evidence showing that MSD coils produce a bigger spark than stock...

Also remember that Mike has been setting the record on stock coils too.

I agree and the 7 or 8whp or whatever they are showing on the dyno would be damn hard to prove at the track on a back to back run.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Colorado-SHOBro

Been busy detailing everyone else's car but my own lately. nice to finally have time to give her some quick tlc!

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

ZSHO

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on September 21, 2018, 04:52:04 PM
Been busy detailing everyone else's car but my own lately. nice to finally have time to give her some quick tlc!

Its Gleaming from A-Z! If I'm ever in CO I will shoot you a pm. Z  :thumb:

Colorado-SHOBro

thanks Z and please do!

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

nickstewartroc

Damn that Tuxedo looks good!
Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on September 21, 2018, 04:52:04 PM

Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

jbrown9999

2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: jbrown9999 on September 21, 2018, 06:43:45 PM
Wow!  That looks beautiful!!  Good job!!
thanks guys. metallic black looks like a dream when done right!

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

802SHO

Sort of late for a wash but that means I'll start off tomorrow fresh like some baby powder lol Looks really mean in the shadows

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ZSHO

Quote from: 802SHO on September 22, 2018, 07:23:27 PM
Sort of late for a wash but that means I'll start off tomorrow fresh like some baby powder lol Looks really mean in the shadows

That's one Sweeet looking SHO there 802SHO!  :thumb: BTW had to enhance the ^^^ PICS for ya. Z   :)

ZSHO

Don't you hate when it rains the next day after washing your car!
It's dirty now,but its unfortunate they cannot predict mother nature.  Z