• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 05, 2018, 07:26:11 AM
This morning, after returning from work and playing shuffle all the cars, I cracked open craft beer #2, sat in the SHO, and sighed as the realization of old man winter not being too far off settled in.

With all the recent rains, and an unfolding, craptastic forecast for yet more rain to come today, tomorrow, and all throughout the upcoming weekend, its unfortunate the SHO hasn't seen more mileage this year.

So much so that the wife called her Mom yesterday (she holds all of our insurance policies) and placed the SHO into "storage" status.

What. The. F@ck!?!?

I quickly cancelled that status change. Chastised the wife and told her that November 1st is a much more realistic date.

That said, we did purchase the oldest daughter a slightly used 2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium this past weekend. Loaded to the hilt with every/all options and only 26k on the clock.

Oxford white and tinted windows made me jokingly quip it's like a mini-SHO.

She's excited to say the least as it's her 1st official car all to her own. Living in the city (of Chicago) its relative size makes it great for parking and at her budget, the gas mileage is an added bonus.

Out of an abundance of caution, I am opting to place brand new Continental DWS06's on it for her later today.

A couple of pre-bpd car show detail pics to ogle over. I spent this entire past Sunday doing my own extensive detail on it, removed all the dealership emblazoned logos from everywhere too. What a PITA. I'll never understand why they plaster their crap all over the place. To me, word of mouth is a much better sales pitch than logos all over a car they sold. Oh well.

Storage status!!!??? Does that actually save you some money? I never heard of that?

And the Fiesta... the nick name for that should be mini-me...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

LOL @ "Mini-Me".

BJ made a funny! :thumb:

.......and yes, placing it in "storage" as far as insurance is considered, saves quite a bit I found out.

But as I told the M.I.L. her daughter a.k.a. my ball & chain, was/is being a lil over zealous believing I wouldn't be driving the SHO again at all until next year.

Yea, umm hell no.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 05, 2018, 10:19:12 AM
LOL @ "Mini-Me".

.......and yes, placing it in "storage" as far as insurance is considered, saves quite a bit I found out.

But as I told the M.I.L. her daughter a.k.a. my ball & chain, was/is being a lil over zealous believing I wouldn't be driving the SHO again at all until next year.

Yea, umm hell no.

Man its great that the wives don't monitor what is said on the forums!

ToMang07

Depends on your insurance. Mine knocks off 60% of the premium... but IF you drive it and get caught....you're screwed.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

bpd1151

Quote from: ToMang07 on September 05, 2018, 10:28:04 AM
Depends on your insurance. Mine knocks off 60% of the premium... but IF you drive it and get caught....you're screwed.
Correct!!!!

irondoor19

Quote from: SHOdded on September 04, 2018, 01:39:16 PM
Good luck!  First reported failure of the ATPs in the SHO application, let's see what they have to say.

What they have to Say: $695.00 Center Section Installed...
and we can also charge you an inspection Fee, if you so Desire

I am not Yelling at them yet, but DO NOT WORRY, I WILL BE...
Told them I would be as Soon as we get them out and get a Look At Em...
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

ya, let's see if we can figure out what happened.  Knowledge will formulate a better strategy :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: irondoor19 on September 05, 2018, 01:11:21 PM
Good luck!  First reported failure of the ATPs in the SHO application, let's see what they have to say.

Really? $700 just to install the CHRA?!?!? Or is that $700 for a new CHRA + installation?

I think you might be screwed honestly... one year warranty and that's over...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: irondoor19 on September 05, 2018, 01:11:21 PM

This really sucks to hear considering I'm waiting to get my set from ATP.... I hope this is a 1 case scenario.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

ZSHO

I aroused the Redhead with a Sponge bath exclusively by Malco wash & Glaze products!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 05, 2018, 10:20:14 AM
Quote from: bpd1151 on September 05, 2018, 10:19:12 AM
LOL @ "Mini-Me".

Yea, umm hell no.

Man its great that the wives don't monitor what is said on the forums!

Don't be so sure I got burned by that before LMAO
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

I ordered a set of NGK (6510) LTR7IX-11 Spark Plug - Pack of 4 to accommodate the new MSD Ignition coils.  Z
$29.95 & FREE Shipping

https://www.amazon.com/NGK-LTR7IX-11-Spark-Plug-Pack/dp/B00ITXAREY?crid=BS6SKHQ2O2BF&keywords=ngk+6510+ltr7ix-11+spark+plug+-+pack+of+4&qid=1536500363&sprefix=ngk+6510&sr=8-1&ref=mp_s_a_1_1

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded