• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Well articulated and very well summarized.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Nice job there SBS / BJ.

lamrith

Quote from: Twintrbskies on August 18, 2018, 01:18:28 AM
Quote from: lamrith on August 16, 2018, 08:34:29 PM
People on facebook SHO group.  A post was made about interest in bigger turbos, then a comment was made turbo's are last concern since PTU cannot handle power the stock components can put out when dialed up.  a couple people jumped in saying prove it, and one which could be part of a big tuning Co said it is a non issue.  problems are all improper maintenance, not power related.

for those with FB:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/2254469276/permalink/10156434109609277/?comment_id=10156434651799277&notif_id=1534463671824293&notif_t=group_comment_reply

Lamrith I also saw that post as it was happening and that comment caught my eye. Was that you that said 'Show me where they have shattered under power?" Anyway I was thinking the same. As SHOdded mentioned they have been prone to failure but they have failed on stock SHO's as well. Makes me think. We all know at some power level there will be a failure but we need someone to just go for it. Anyone want to start a "Go Fund me" and I'll go for broke! jk

SHOdded, Jessica (dont know here at all but this what she posted prior) says she is an ASE Master technician for Ford and thats where her insight comes from. She mentioned not being a Livernois customer but lives near and knows the guys.

Sit back and ponder about it, really, every site has 3-4 people that are the "authority" that everyone listens to. I would just say the ones here are entertaining though. LOL
No that was not me that made that comment.  It is my belief that the trans/PTU's on these are ultimately the weak-point in the system, just based off things I have read here and many other places. 
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Izzybird

Honest question.. So basically, since 2010 nobody has come along with more money than sense? Most every forum I've followed, there are a few with big pockets who are happy to break something since they've nothing better to do. Just curious, I don't follow much ecoboost performance and I don't do FaceSpace.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

SHOdded

Not when you start with a sensible platform in the first place LOL.  Not many of the tried and failed stories are made public tho.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Izzybird on August 18, 2018, 12:31:47 PM
Honest question.. So basically, since 2010 nobody has come along with more money than sense? Most every forum I've followed, there are a few with big pockets who are happy to break something since they've nothing better to do. Just curious, I don't follow much ecoboost performance and I don't do FaceSpace.

It's a two fold problem... money and a shop.

I HAD some money set aside for this, talked to several shops, not one really wanted to tackle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

TBH if more peeps made an attempt to better heatshield the PTU, we might be able at least eliminate external influences from the PTU scenario.  The oem shielding is simply insufficient, the cooled systems are better but still not enough.  Then we move on to the BEST fluid possible, setting the stage to let the PTU fail because of the PTU design.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Izzybird

Quote from: SHOdded on August 18, 2018, 12:34:00 PM
Not when you start with a sensible platform in the first place LOL.  Not many of the tried and failed stories are made public tho.
Well, that's a bit rude of them. I like to see broken stuff! We need a trust fund brat with a nice camera around here.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

DstryEvrytng

Had to clean and detail the whole backseat area.

The wife and i went to a wedding last night. We ended up giving another couple a ride home because they where both tourqed. What they failed to do was clean themselves off before we left. They where in the woods bumpin uglies and where pretty filthy.
Lol,
well kinda lol, also kinda pissed about it.
15 SHO/pp, bone stock besides the "idiot driver" mod.

bpd1151

Ha! That's dynomite.

A lil late time outdoor romping in the woods.

Inspirational, even if it was a lil "dirty" for the Uber ride home.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: DstryEvrytng on August 19, 2018, 10:02:16 PM

The wife and i went to a wedding last night. We ended up giving another couple a ride home because they where both tourqed. What they failed to do was clean themselves off before we left. They where in the woods bumpin uglies and where pretty filthy.
Lol,

And that my friends is how you get ticks in odd places....

Hope you wore gloves....

DstryEvrytng

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 19, 2018, 11:08:19 PM
Quote from: DstryEvrytng on August 19, 2018, 10:02:16 PM

Lol,

And that my friends is how you get ticks in odd places....

Hope you wore gloves....

Lofl
Yeah, ticks are a major problem here too. A few ppl i know have lyme disease.  Luckily i didnt find anything that looked DNAish on the seats because i didnt wear gloves. Lol

These damn floor mats are a pita to clean. To clean them good anyways. That was 1/2 the time spent. No big deal tho, i rarely even have one passenger in the SHO let alone three.
15 SHO/pp, bone stock besides the "idiot driver" mod.

SHOdded

Next time carry a vat of lye for those times you "bump" into unsavory cab customers :D

Macgyver

E85 near me. I did not test this. A member of a local Car Facebook page does this every week.

Leesport, Pa. Just north of Reading Pa.

Our Sunoco Ultra 93 is pretty good too.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Macgyver on August 20, 2018, 05:50:34 PM
E85 near me. I did not test this. A member of a local Car Facebook page does this every week.

Leesport, Pa. Just north of Reading Pa.

Our Sunoco Ultra 93 is pretty good too.

Never used one of those... is that saying the E content is just over 90?!

shoNoff

God I wish we had e85 local here. I guess I can't b*tch to much at least we have 93 at every gas station.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile