• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortech347

I oredered an effing Mdesign intake last Wednesday.  2-3 shipping my ass.  Friday I got an e-mail saying it was shipped.   Monday I get the same e-mail again with a tracking number.  I checked the number today.  Package hasn't even been dropped off at USPS yet.

Can't wait to get it on though.  I'm itching for some more top end.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Vortech347

Yeah they are pretty good from the results I was researching.  Plus they had a decent summer special going on.

Figured hmm 2-3 day shipping, not to shabby.   lol
Matt H.
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

Gjkrisa

Probably why it's taking awial had lots more orders but it does suck that they seemed to of had it almost going out the door and then it didn't actually happen

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Vortech347

Quote from: Gjkrisa on August 03, 2018, 07:25:20 AM
Probably why it's taking awial had lots more orders but it does suck that they seemed to of had it almost going out the door and then it didn't actually happen

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Friday has come.  It's now been a week since the item was "shipped" and the tracking number shows nada.  I've sent 2 emails with no response. Can't lie. Getting worried.  Even if they are overloaded most online vendors will send an e-mail notifying of a back log or post it on their site. 

The reason I'm so concerned is I need to know when it'll actually be here since USPS tracking system is crap as well.  I'll be out of town and if a porch pirate hits me I'll be PISSED.

Matt H.
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

SHOdded

Keep emailing them.  Only wat to get them to respond apparently.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

irondoor19

This is not New, they are like that, so you will get it, Just a matter of When,
and whatever you do,
DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN the band clamp at the Air intake Snout,
So Snug ONLY....
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

5ohSHO

It took a VERY long time for mine to show up. Also with multiple shipping updates. You kind of have to stay on top of them to get a response.

Vortech347

Reached out on facebook, was told to email them, which I already did.

I'm glad eventually ya'll got your stuff.  I hate feeling like I ordered something shady.

Guess I won't worry about it showing up while I'm out of town this weekend.
Matt H.
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

AJP turbo

Quote from: Vortech347 on August 03, 2018, 03:42:42 PM

I'm glad eventually ya'll got your stuff.  I hate feeling like I ordered something shady.

That sucks Matt ...I figured you had seen some of the earlier debacles that had taken place from them...they seem to operate on their own time frame....they only responded to other issues after being repeatedly pinged and bashed here then they seemed to respond as a means of damage control after people were pissed
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

FYI- I found the quickest correspondence is to directly email them @ sales@mdesignperformance.com ! Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Vortech347

Quote from: AJP turbo on August 03, 2018, 04:03:58 PM
Quote from: Vortech347 on August 03, 2018, 03:42:42 PM

That sucks Matt ...I figured you had seen some of the earlier debacles that had taken place from them...they seem to operate on their own time frame....they only responded to other issues after being repeatedly pinged and bashed here then they seemed to respond as a means of damage control after people were pissed

I didn't.  I looked and I just found excellent reviews about the product itself.  But hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.  Just a simple email back saying "It'll be 2 weeks" would be excellent.  Or even a disclaimer on their site that says item may take 1-2 weeks to ship.  There is a vendor on corral.net called DCC that makes the most bad ass fan controllers on the planet but it's about a 3-4 week wait.  But he tells folks up front.

Our track is closing this year (I've been racing there 20 years) and the last test and tune is on Wednesday.  I'm hoping to get this here in time so I can shoot for a 12.xx with some Torco in the tank.
Matt H.
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

StealBlueSho

Long story...  but now I get wait again for them to put the correct oil in this car... 5W30 is what the car calls for....

I usually do my own oil changes.... but apparently the ted Britt for life requires them to do it but there is a catch... you must do their recommended services... check the costs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 05, 2018, 12:08:01 PM

Long story...  but now I get wait again for them to put the correct oil in this car... 5W30 is what the car calls for....

I usually do my own oil changes.... but apparently the ted Britt for life requires them to do it but there is a catch... you must do their recommended services... check the costs...

Illegal.

Would never survive a Magnusson Moss challenge.

Prohibition on conditions for written or implied warranty; waiver by Commission. No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer's using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the Commission if—
(1) the warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and
(2) the Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest.
The Commission shall identify in the Federal Register, and permit public comment on, all applications for waiver of the prohibition of this subsection, and shall publish in the Federal Register its disposition of any such application, including the reasons therefor.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/2302

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 05, 2018, 12:46:32 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 05, 2018, 12:08:01 PM

Illegal.

Would never survive a Magnusson Moss challenge.

Prohibition on conditions for written or implied warranty; waiver by Commission. No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer's using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the Commission if—
(1) the warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and
(2) the Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest.
The Commission shall identify in the Federal Register, and permit public comment on, all applications for waiver of the prohibition of this subsection, and shall publish in the Federal Register its disposition of any such application, including the reasons therefor.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/2302

For clarity this is for their Ted Britt For Life dealership specific life time warranty that is outside of the normal Ford Warranty.

I initially thought it was a good deal but that was before I saw this maintenance schedule and costs.

I am covered under a 100K Mile CPO extended warranty.