• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

HELL. TO. PAY. 

So are they pissed about your trade-in car and taking it out on your new one?

This brings up a question for the masses.  When you pickup your car from any work, are you going over with a fine tooth comb before you leave the lot?  I never used to, but after the shop nicking my new wheel during alignment, and pictures like this I am thinking I might start, regardless of what work is done.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Different dealership...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irondoor19

When we had to have an ECU Installed, tested, and Programmed, THE WORST Dealer,
"Who I only went to one Time"  Cracked the windshield (below the Wiper Trim Piece)
and Forgot to Tell Me, and of course we found this out three months Later "Bastards"
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

irondoor19

Quote from: jay.denning73 on June 11, 2018, 10:37:18 PM
Are the blaster coils worth it? Isnt the internals the same as Ford COP?

Jay

After two months, Seat of the Pants Say YES,
Increased MPH at the Track says: YES, YES
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

jbrown9999

Quote from: bnoon on February 21, 2013, 09:16:00 AM
Yeah it is a really smoking deal compared to single washes at the unmanned places. Even includes tire shine, forced air dry, the final wipedown by hand. Hand wax jobs are only 20 bux after that too if you want one.

The wash here has a monthly deals from $20-$45 unlimited washes depending on what you want them to do.  The lvl 4 is wash, hand dry, tire treatment, vacuum, wipe down inside and windows in and out...that's what I have.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

StealBlueSho

Quote from: lamrith on June 12, 2018, 02:44:54 PM
HELL. TO. PAY. 

This brings up a question for the masses.  When you pickup your car from any work, are you going over with a fine tooth comb before you leave the lot?  I never used to, but after the shop nicking my new wheel during alignment, and pictures like this I am thinking I might start, regardless of what work is done.

Dealer took one look at and said they would cover it no questions asked.... they have it now, provided me a loaner, and getting it to the body shop today.

Never had this happen before, so not sure what to ask for besides fixing their phuck up....

I'm pissed....

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 12, 2018, 03:23:39 PM
HELL. TO. PAY. 

Dealer took one look at and said they would cover it no questions asked.... they have it now, provided me a loaner, and getting it to the body shop today.

Never had this happen before, so not sure what to ask for besides fixing their phuck up....

I'm pissed....

What happened exactly! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on June 12, 2018, 03:30:32 PM
HELL. TO. PAY. 

I'm pissed....

What happened exactly! Z

They took the paint off all the way down to the sheet the metal. They replaced the motor mount on the upper passenger side, road force balanced the tires, and 30 miles of "test driving"... it was raining when I picked it up yesterday but noticed this nice gouge this morning....

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 12, 2018, 03:33:00 PM
HELL. TO. PAY. 

I'm pissed....

What happened exactly! Z

They took the paint off all the way down to the sheet the metal. They replaced the motor mount on the upper passenger side, road force balanced the tires, and 30 miles of "test driving"... it was raining when I picked it up yesterday but noticed this nice gouge this morning....

I know the Ford dealers inspect the vehicle prior to taking possession for any such repair order and certainly the same rule must apply upon releasing the vehicle!! Sorry for all the mischief . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on June 12, 2018, 04:02:55 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 12, 2018, 03:33:00 PM
HELL. TO. PAY. 

I'm pissed....

What happened exactly! Z

I know the Ford dealers inspect the vehicle prior to taking possession for any such repair order and certainly the same rule must apply upon releasing the vehicle!! Sorry for all the mischief . Z

No worries... I'm just pissed that at 9K miles I am already having non-factory paint applied...

Needless to say... I will not be going back.

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on June 12, 2018, 04:01:47 PM
Ouchie.  Time for a Deadpool hug from bpd.
No time for joking around hugs here. Not now. Certainly not for this.

Let's hope they fix it properly as my body shop would've told me about having to spray into other adjoining panels so as to ensure paint match all across. Especially with a metal flake involved.

Inspect the repairs closely Michael, and ask what exactly they did. Also, ensure that there's some type of extension on the paint protection as a result of this repair.

@ SHOdded, I'd rather send SBS a case of craft beer to consume while his baby's been taken from him yet again.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 12, 2018, 05:13:57 PM

Let's hope they fix it properly as my body shop would've told me about having to spray into other adjoining panels so as to ensure paint match all across. Especially with a metal flake involved.

Inspect the repairs closely Michael, and ask what exactly they did. Also, ensure that there's some type of extension on the paint protection as a result of this repair.

@ SHOdded, I'd rather send SBS a case of craft beer to consume while his baby's been taken from him yet again.

Thanks for the heads up Mike. I will be very anal about the repairs (threw you a softball there!) I am assuming they will need to blend it in which just pisses me off. And I told them if the flaking was not correct they were going to pay MY shop to get it right.

Didn't think about the pain protection extension... I will inquire about this.

And I appreciate the beer offer, but my kegs just got refilled.

The service advisor is an idiot... they offered me a loaner while mine is getting more work yet again...

This time I said sure as I am tired of having to load the kids up in my wife's car so she can drop me off...

He tells me that the loaner is awesome and is a great temp to use compared to my SHO... he pulls up in a C-Max... I politely asked for a mustang GT as it's the only car the lot that would keep up with my SHO...

C-MAX... base model turd... which is fine... but don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

lamrith

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 12, 2018, 05:22:02 PM

Thanks for the heads up Mike. I will be very anal about the repairs (threw you a softball there!) I am assuming they will need to blend it in which just pisses me off. And I told them if the flaking was not correct they were going to pay MY shop to get it right.

The service advisor is an idiot... they offered me a loaner while mine is getting more work yet again...

This time I said sure as I am tired of having to load the kids up in my wife's car so she can drop me off...

He tells me that the loaner is awesome and is a great temp to use compared to my SHO... he pulls up in a C-Max... I politely asked for a mustang GT as it's the only car the lot that would keep up with my SHO...

C-MAX... base model turd... which is fine... but don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Did you get a mustang as requested?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: lamrith on June 12, 2018, 05:36:49 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 12, 2018, 05:22:02 PM

Did you get a mustang as requested?

Of course not....