• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: firewater88 on June 11, 2018, 07:05:35 AM
Swapped out the rear springs and shocks (Megan's) to the Eibach springs and stock shocks. The one shock seemed ok... But I wanted to go back to a softer ride. Also put in the air lift helper bags and plumbed that in to the gas door. Switch out was easy, only removed the sway bar, shock bolt and spring perch bolt. Kept brakes on.
Don't like the gap in rear since I was used to the Megan's low look, but towing a trailer will be better now. Also, gain a tad more clearance under the hatch, I'm tall and that bothered me to.
Will let it settle in for a few miles, then go get it aligned and see if I can get it back in spec.

Valid reasons all the way around. Where did you nab the eibachs from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firewater88

Got em last year from another member on another forum. Was going to go with Eibachs first, then decided to go coilovers. Now want to go to Eibachs. Although, the hybrid ride I have now isn't bad- Megan Coilovers in front, Eibachs and stock shocks in rear.
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

bpd1151

MSD Coil Over Plugs (COP's) arrived just now.

Part # 825765 (in blue).

These will replace my factory, OEM ones installed at the assembly line 8yrs ago.

Car now has a tick over 80k on the clock.

OEM one's are still working fine. I just like the piece of mind knowing they're being updated/upgraded.

ZSHO

I'm liking the MSD COILS there bpd1151!  Z

I am also currently working on the vacuum manifold but need a steel drill bit in order to drill some holes in the front sway bar to get it looking nice and Tidy! 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

You are likely to be the first to mod the sway bar, Z!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

The new, higher flow injectors from Deatschwerks arrived today as well.

Great things come in small packages they say!

A few pics of the goods, as well as a flow chart for all you data minded wh0re$.

LOL @ the "super lube". Hopefully I'll have some of that left over. Tee hee hee.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 11, 2018, 04:32:29 PM
The new, higher flow injectors from Deatschwerks arrived today as well.

Great things come in small packages they say!

A few pics of the goods, as well as a flow chart for all you data minded wh0re$.

LOL @ the "super lube". Hopefully I'll have some of that left over. Tee hee hee.

While the coils are nice... these are awesome!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on June 11, 2018, 04:09:03 PM
You are likely to be the first to mod the sway bar, Z!
I was going to post some PICS of the actual install but rather wait for a special event to SHO IT OFF in person! Z  ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 11, 2018, 11:47:18 AM
MSD Coil Over Plugs (COP's) arrived just now.

Part # 825765 (in blue).

These will replace my factory, OEM ones installed at the assembly line 8yrs ago.

Car now has a tick over 80k on the clock.

OEM one's are still working fine. I just like the piece of mind knowing they're being updated/upgraded.
I would inspect closely....

Flip em upside down and make sure all the springs are present, mine was missing one and the set had obviously been installed...wear on the bolt holes and kinda dirty.

Second set was perfect and they never responded to my request to send back so I have 5 extra.

jay.denning73

Are the blaster coils worth it? Isnt the internals the same as Ford COP?

Jay

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: jay.denning73 on June 11, 2018, 10:37:18 PM

Jay
https://www.drivingline.com/articles/new-product-spotlight-msd-performance-coil-packs-for-ford-ecoboost-engines/

This is a good article that should help everyone out with your question.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on June 12, 2018, 02:26:59 AM

Jay
https://www.drivingline.com/articles/new-product-spotlight-msd-performance-coil-packs-for-ford-ecoboost-engines/

To add to this, I have personally talked to and worked with Matt Robinson over at Gearhead Automotive. He has done a TON of research with results on these cars along with fabricating some new solution such as a better intercooler, turbos, mounts, etc...

While I have a hard time believing that the MSD coils add power, if GH has tested it and confirms it, you can take that to the bank.  Matt is very adamant that the SP-542's gapped at .028 is necessary when running aggressive tunes and has dyno'd the results between the SP-534's and SP-542's with the MSD coils.

What he is saying is that on these motors, with the SP-534's gapped at .030, it is experiencing spark blow out at the higher RPMs, and that you may not even be feeling it (I have argued this with him). This is resolved with the MSD coils along with the SP-542's gaped at .028.

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 12, 2018, 10:09:44 AM
Quote from: mrhighcaliber on June 12, 2018, 02:26:59 AM

Jay

To add to this, I have personally talked to and worked with Matt Robinson over at Gearhead Automotive. He has done a TON of research with results on these cars along with fabricating some new solution such as a better intercooler, turbos, mounts, etc...

While I have a hard time believing that the MSD coils add power, if GH has tested it and confirms it, you can take that to the bank.  Matt is very adamant that the SP-542's gapped at .028 is necessary when running aggressive tunes and has dyno'd the results between the SP-534's and SP-542's with the MSD coils.

What he is saying is that on these motors, with the SP-534's gapped at .030, it is experiencing spark blow out at the higher RPMs, and that you may not even be feeling it (I have argued this with him). This is resolved with the MSD coils along with the SP-542's gaped at .028.

@ SBS Good info! ^^^ OFF Topic but came across this pertaining to your newly acquired 2016MY!  Z

StealBlueSho

Present from the dealership...