• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 08, 2018, 07:50:08 PM
Still waiting on the arrival of the COP's from MSD to arrive.

Order's been placed for the Deatsch-Werks high flow injectors as well.

Also ordered up MONROE replacement set(s) of BOTH hood struts/lifts, AND trunk lid struts/lifts today to replace my 8yr old, failing OE ones after spending several hours searching for Ford Performance/Racing branded ones.

Last item to purchase and set aside money for is the LMS HPFP, & more time on their dyno for (yet more) custom tuning.

Busy, but fun day.
The MSD COPS are pretty sweet.

I just realized I don't think the Lincoln has the annoying cold startup miss/stumble sensation that all 3 cars exhibited anymore. The Mrs hasn't noticed it either and its her DD now.

Could be the MSDs but I also did the colder .28s plugs and had the timing set and PCV assembly completely rebuilt at the same time. (Thanks Lincoln!)

bpd1151

Fixed a strip of bum LED's behind the air filter, which I discovered went bad during/at the National's.

Before strip showing vertical part out, After pic showing whole new strip installed.

Also, had to come up with a temporary engine hood support so I could do the work above, until my new/replacement hood props/struts arrive.

Kind of hillbilly-ish, but meh, it works.

Speaking of arrival(s) got confirmation that my MSD order is arriving tomorrow 06/11, as well as the bigger injectors too.

More pics forthcoming. Like Christmas in June! Haha.

SHOdded

whatever works to keep those TRex jaws from taking your head off LOL
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

@ bpd1151 install a pair of Vice Grips on the Hood Shocks!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

What have I done to my Ecoboost this week.... a whole lot of nothing.... cause it's still in the shop! This is getting old fast :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Maybe it's already fixed and the tech's are just having a grand 'ole time with her??

At your expense of course.

**cringes for you**

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 10, 2018, 05:51:55 PM
Maybe it's already fixed and the tech's are just having a grand 'ole time with her??

At your expense of course.

**cringes for you**

Hey... Mike.... bite me...

And yes... I took pictures of the odometer before I dropped it off...

bpd1151

StealBlueSho

No middle finger gifs here.... unfortunately...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

I cannot not WAIT until there is another SHO get together....

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 10, 2018, 06:11:35 PMI cannot not WAIT until there is another SHO get together....

. . . . . All just for you there BJ (as BAM_SHO already got his this year).

jbrown9999

Today was colder gapped plug and MSD coil day.  Thanks to the "How-to" on here.  Had all the tools I need on hand.   Still ran into some issues getting the OEM coils off but made it work.  On the bad side...the first MSD I try to install just wouldn't go on.  So in my infinite wisdom got both hands on it and it went down.  Well, the reason that it wouldn't go down?  Yeah, the connector was under the plug of the coil.  Plug won..coil connector lost.  So, I now have 5 MSD coils and one OEM.  I put the one upfront so it will be easy to change when I get my replacement.

Next things will be the Magnflow exhaust.  Can't decide if I should wait to get my downpipes and do all at the same time or not.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

SHOdded

Sucks you lost a COP :( but looking forward to the rest of the story :)

firewater88

Swapped out the rear springs and shocks (Megan's) to the Eibach springs and stock shocks. The one shock seemed ok... But I wanted to go back to a softer ride. Also put in the air lift helper bags and plumbed that in to the gas door. Switch out was easy, only removed the sway bar, shock bolt and spring perch bolt. Kept brakes on.
Don't like the gap in rear since I was used to the Megan's low look, but towing a trailer will be better now. Also, gain a tad more clearance under the hatch, I'm tall and that bothered me to.
Will let it settle in for a few miles, then go get it aligned and see if I can get it back in spec.
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO