• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 08, 2018, 05:12:08 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on June 08, 2018, 05:08:14 PM
As long as it comes back fixed right!  Was there a missing wheel weight?  Need to find it or else you will still be dealing with those "rocks".

Yes, they said it was missing a weight. And additionally the passenger side was not balanced correctly either.

I dunno... I know my cars... I understand these dealerships deal with idiots A LOT...  but come on..

The tech said if I had talked him this all would have been done on Tuesday... service advisor apparently disregarded what I told him..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what happened when I took mine in for the rear diff. I told the service advisor the rear diff was out and what do they do? They changed the steering column. I drove it home just to turn around and drop it off again. Finally spoke to the tech and got a new rear differential

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

StealBlueSho

The motor mount is puzzling.. I wonder if the dealership I purchased it from either A: never noticed when they were CPOing it or B: Just threw some lube on it to quiet it down temporarily.

SHOdded

The CPO process has more holes than swiss cheese IME.  Basically you get it for peace of mind and the option of a better extended warranty.  Burden is still on you as the owner.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

It never ends! LOL.  Vibrant 2691 Black Anodized Aluminum Vacuum Manifold Constructed from t6061 billet aluminum with TWO 3/8 x 1/8 Brass adapters and TWO 1/8 x 1/4 Brass adapters. I added some white plumbers tape for good measures.  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on June 08, 2018, 06:46:44 PM
It never ends! LOL. Z

What's is this madness?

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 08, 2018, 06:49:26 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on June 08, 2018, 06:46:44 PM
It never ends! LOL. Z

What's is this madness?

Vacuum manifold?

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...

ZSHO

I'm trying 'to decipher a better option for a vacuum source and possibly looking to add some gauges......
I just wasn't happy with the current setup.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on June 08, 2018, 07:09:31 PM
I'm trying to decipher a better option for a vacuum source and possibly looking to add some gauges...... Z
I'm down to only 2 on the manifold. I removed the wastegate regulator mod. Soon I'll be moving the BOV to a tap on the throttle body. I'll just have the methanol left. I may buy that line from Ford and return it to factory and find a new source for the one meth tap.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

ZSHO

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on June 08, 2018, 07:11:55 PM
I'm trying to decipher a better option for a vacuum source and possibly looking to add some gauges...... Z
I'm down to only 2 on the manifold. I removed the wastegate regulator mod. Soon I'll be moving the BOV to a tap on the throttle body. I'll just have the methanol left. I may buy that line from Ford and return it to factory and find a new source for the one meth tap.

I think removing the wastegate mod was a good starting point IMO! Try to remove the clutter and establish a reliable source for vacuum reference and datalog for any changes.  Z

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on June 08, 2018, 07:20:39 PM
Quote from: BoostfoSHO on June 08, 2018, 07:11:55 PM

I think removing the wastegate mod was a good starting point IMO! Try to remove the clutter and establish a reliable source for vacuum.. Z
Yes for sure. It's a good mod as long as there's no meth involved. I'm gonna need to find another source for vac. I'd hate to have the big manifold for a small line for the meth controller.

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
For now...

SHOdded

That is a work of art!  Looking forward to developments.

bpd1151

Still waiting on the arrival of the COP's from MSD to arrive.

Order's been placed for the Deatsch-Werks high flow injectors as well.

Also ordered up MONROE replacement set(s) of BOTH hood struts/lifts, AND trunk lid struts/lifts today to replace my 8yr old, failing OE ones after spending several hours searching for Ford Performance/Racing branded ones.

Last item to purchase and set aside money for is the LMS HPFP, & more time on their dyno for (yet more) custom tuning.

Busy, but fun day.

ZSHO

@ - Bpd1151 That's quite a Helluva of a MOD LIST to say the least! Can't wait to see the results! Enjoy.  Z

bpd1151

Just more pieces of the mod puzzle there Z.

With family vacation just around the corner, the HPFP being what it is, I likely won't purchase that until August.

For now I'm just stock piling parts.

But those results will come eventually my friend. All in due time.