• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twintrbskies

Finally finished installing my Alky Controls Meth kit (Running 100% methanol). I went ahead and bought the trunk mount kit with the 3 Gallon cell. (Curious how long that will last) I really love how this came together and the parts seem of pretty good quality.

Can't wait to see how she feels on the road and at the track!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Twintrbskies on June 06, 2018, 09:55:06 PM
Finally finished installing my Alky Controls Meth kit (Running 100% methanol). I went ahead and bought the trunk mount kit with the 3 Gallon cell. (Curious how long that will last) I really love how this came together and the parts seem of pretty good quality.

THE best kit on the market! Upset mine is gone...

3 gallons? Probably not very long at first as you won't be able to keep out of it just from sheer enjoyment...

After refilling it a few times I suspect it will last through 6 or so trips to the gas station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twintrbskies

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 06, 2018, 09:57:37 PM

3 gallons? Probably not very long at first as you won't be able to keep out of it just from sheer enjoyment...

After refilling it a few times I suspect it will last through 6 or so trips to the gas station.

Lol your right about that! And I'm about to drive from Texas to the east coast on the HotRod power tour so I'll have time to "Check" it out.

6 or so fill ups is still about 3 months so I would be good with that.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

lamrith

Quote from: Twintrbskies on June 06, 2018, 10:09:28 PM

Lol your right about that! And I'm about to drive from Texas to the east coast on the HotRod power tour so I'll have time to "Check" it out.

Better pack a few extra cans of Meth for the trip, and a backup non-meth tune!  those sort of tours tend to bring out the teenager in everyone.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Twintrbskies

Quote from: lamrith on June 07, 2018, 02:39:02 PM

Better pack a few extra cans of Meth for the trip, and a backup non-meth tune!  those sort of tours tend to bring out the teenager in everyone.

Lol dude I have 2 non-meth tunes if need be. Im hoping the 3 gallons will last me.  O:-)

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: Twintrbskies on June 07, 2018, 09:55:09 PM

Lol dude I have 2 non-meth tunes if need be. Im hoping the 3 gallons will last me.  O:-)
It'll last a bit. 2 weeks with hard driving. I'm running a 2.5 gal tank.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Are to running multiple nozzles?

BoostfoSHO

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on June 07, 2018, 10:12:36 PM

Looks like mine, I've got the same tank. I doesn't last too long while in the tuning process.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 07, 2018, 10:13:52 PM
Are to running multiple nozzles?

4 total.  1gph Pre each turbo, 5gph post cac, 7gph pre TB.

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: BoostfoSHO on June 07, 2018, 10:14:28 PM
Quote from: mrhighcaliber on June 07, 2018, 10:12:36 PM

Looks like mine, I've got the same tank. I doesn't last too long while in the tuning process.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Nice, meth addicts think alike. And no it does not last during tuning. I went thru the whole tank in 3days.

StealBlueSho

Oh the drama! The squeaking is a faulty motor mount (passenger side mount to be exact) which they do not have in stock... should get the SHO back on Monday...

Funny... when I dropped it off I told them it sounded like a motor mount squeaking....

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on June 08, 2018, 05:01:35 PM
The senior tech must be devastated lol

I have doubts on the "senior" title...

I didn't update but ford denied the replacement of the half shaft and told them to road force balance the wheels...

Shocker!!! The front driver side was out of balance... which is what I told them I suspected when I dropped it off....

I give up... a week or more for a road force balance and motor mount....

SHOdded

As long as it comes back fixed right!  Was there a missing wheel weight?  Need to find it or else you will still be dealing with those "rocks".
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on June 08, 2018, 05:08:14 PM
As long as it comes back fixed right!  Was there a missing wheel weight?  Need to find it or else you will still be dealing with those "rocks".

Yes, they said it was missing a weight. And additionally the passenger side was not balanced correctly either.

I dunno... I know my cars... I understand these dealerships deal with idiots A LOT...  but come on..

The tech said if I had talked him this all would have been done on Tuesday... service advisor apparently disregarded what I told him..