• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on June 05, 2018, 06:34:06 AM
I one time dropped a 10mm socket which fell inside the belly pan cover in the cold weather......
The next day while driving heard a loud bang right smack in the middle of the carriage on the highway.
BTW lost my precious socket. Z

I hate 10mm sockets... always the bane of my existence! I fairly sure I have purchased a boat load of those over the years. Still bitter about loosing my deep wall craftsman 10mm back when they were still made in the USA...

SHOdded I suspect the weight fell off while driving and got shot up hitting the exhaust or something... that's my guess... hopefully I will find out today...

The vibration/humming is my lesser concern.. that's usually an easy fix... lord knows I have dealt with that at some point on all my cars...

The squeaking is more an issue when the drive train moves during sudden acceleration or shifting. That needs to be addressed as it almost sounds like a mount is loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Let's see what they find.  Should be easy to localize with some Chassis EARS or similar device.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: ZSHO on June 05, 2018, 06:34:06 AM
I one time dropped a 10mm socket which fell inside the belly pan cover in the cold weather......
The next day while driving heard a loud bang right smack in the middle of the carriage on the highway.
BTW lost my precious socket. Z
I'm sorry for your loss. It's always the 8 and 10mm that want to rebel.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Those 8 and 10's are what keep the companies that make extension magnets in business!

StealBlueSho

Ford called... they road tested... confirmed the issues... but will need to keep it over night to finish it up tomorrow.... very nice service advisor felt bad about it... but since it's not my daily I told them to take their time.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jbrown9999

So, now that I have both arms again.  (Arm is healing great by the way, but getting old sucks!)  So, over the last week or so:

- Fresh oil change, including emptying catch can (not a lot in there btw)
- installed 3 Bar
- Installed thermostat
- installed Gearhead tune
- Installed M Design CAI
- Installed AFE Silver Bullet intake spacer (figured why not give it a shot)
- Did the BOV to atmosphere mod

This weekend will be plugs and MSD coils that have been sitting here.

Plans for the future include:  install the Magnaflow cat-back which is sitting in my office, noise maker removal and do an intercooler cleaning.

Next purchases will be PPE downpipes and hot pipes.

So far very happy with results.  Its just fun to be that comfortable and that quick at the same time.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

StealBlueSho

What does the intake spacer give you? Never mind I looked it up... careful googling silver bullet sho... there are ummm adult toys with that name...

jbrown9999

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 05, 2018, 07:34:35 PM
What does the intake spacer give you? Never mind I looked it up... careful googling silver bullet sho... there are ummm adult toys with that name..."

LMAO...yes I know.  I joke about those with my sisters because I tend to drink Coors Light.  When they say "How can you drink that much Coors Light?!"  I reply "Hey, you guys have your "silver bullet" and I have mine!".

jbrown9999

BTW, I know EVERYONE says...CAI "doesn't do much" and the throttle body spacer "doesn't add much".  Now that I have both...I feel like I've gone from "damn my car is fast" to "s***...I'm a little scared".  Yes, I've done other things listed but, I always drove after each.
That little bit of "s***" is why I liked the car when I got it.  Got used to it.  Then I got a tune...got it again.  Got used to it.  Now I've done these changes listed and I'm "SHIIIIIIT".  I actually haven't floored it for any extended run yet.  I'll let you know.

StealBlueSho

Service adviser just called to let me know they have done a full shake down of the front end and are unable to find the squeaking and are waiting for a senior technician to perform a mechanical ears test on it while they are driving. They are thinking its coming from inside the transmission. Wonderful...

lamrith

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 06, 2018, 01:43:40 PM
Service adviser just called to let me know they have done a full shake down of the front end and are unable to find the squeaking and are waiting for a senior technician to perform a mechanical ears test on it while they are driving. They are thinking its coming from inside the transmission. Wonderful...

Told you you needed to tune and flog it like a rental, tell it who's boss and it won't talk back to you in the future..

j/k - I hope they find it is something less significant and gets fixed asap.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: lamrith on June 06, 2018, 01:58:35 PM

Told you you needed to tune and flog it like a rental, tell it who's boss and it won't talk back to you in the future..

Keeping my fingers crossed...  at least it's not a daily... in just hope they are not beating the crap out of it... although I'm sure they are.

lamrith

Quote from: StealBlueSho on June 06, 2018, 01:59:57 PM
Quote from: lamrith on June 06, 2018, 01:58:35 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed...  at least it's not a daily... in just hope they are not beating the crap out of it... although I'm sure they are.

Makes you want to install a concealed logger, or not concealed dashcam that records anytime the car is on.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Just got an update... the senior tech firmly believes the issue is the half shaft..  they are doing a hotline into Ford to validate a few things as that's per Fords recommended guidelines for newer cars.

Senior tech apparently didn't even need to use the mechanical ears... got the car up to speed and immediately told the other technician the car needs a half shaft...

Apparently there is also a TSB that effects the 2016 SHO concerning half shaft issues... I knew it effected previous MY.. though I figured it would be resolved by then..

Finding out more tomorrow.