• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnoriega

Crown Customs & Coatings LLC in Elk Grove Village, IL re-powder coated my Velgen VMB6 wheels this week and it gave my modded '16 XPL Platinum an entire new look.   These guys are the best in the industry! 
2016 Explorer Platinum

lamrith

Quote from: jonnoriega on May 25, 2018, 08:27:38 PM
Crown Customs & Coatings LLC in Elk Grove Village, IL re-powder coated my Velgen VMB6 wheels this week and it gave my modded '16 XPL Platinum an entire new look.   These guys are the best in the industry!
WOW.  Those wheels are powdercoated?  Amazing work, it looks like they are annodized.
:clap2:
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

jonnoriega

Quote from: lamrith on May 25, 2018, 09:56:16 PM
WOW.  Those wheels are powdercoated?  Amazing work, it looks like they are annodized.

I know.  The color is called Berry Red.  They actually have metallic plates but the difference with Crown Customs is that they apply ceramic coat at the end.  It came out better than my expectations.
2016 Explorer Platinum

lamrith

Quote from: jonnoriega on May 25, 2018, 10:05:47 PM
Quote from: lamrith on May 25, 2018, 09:56:16 PM

I know.  The color is called Berry Red.  They actually have metallic plates but the difference with Crown Customs is that they apply ceramic coat at the end.  It came out better than my expectations.
It really pops and I like it.  Your rig was sweet before, now it is really dialed in.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Twintrbskies

Changed out these stock brake pads with Yellow stuff EBC pads along with having all the rotors turned. Makes a world of difference!

While I was in there I decided to tackle the PTU drain and fill since I have seen so many people have done this without too much trouble. Have to admit, it was alot easier than I thought. Only took pics of the fluid as there are tons of pics on how to.

The fluid seemed brown/dark but the consistency was good and barely any metal flakes (that I could see) or chunks which made me super happy. I was able to get 15 ounces out. Im at 45k and assuming it hasnt been changed before today. I am somewhat happy with how the fluid came out but still want to send it out to properly check its condition (Cause Im curious).

And No, my wife doesnt know I used her glass pan for the old fluid.  :help2:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

jonnoriega

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.  I put this video together for my YouTube page.  I hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/ADOtsFW79AA
2016 Explorer Platinum

ZSHO

Quote from: jonnoriega on May 29, 2018, 12:46:49 AM
I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.  I put this video together for my YouTube page.  I hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/ADOtsFW79AA
Subscribed again! Lol. Nice video! enjoy.  Z   :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I guess after a long day handling a Family personal matter found the TIAL BOV completely LOOSE!!!! SMH!
I also noticed the Flange O-RING to be worn out. 
I'm quite certain that every Hose clamp in Detail was nice & tight as per OCD Specs. Dunno.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Thats weird? Hopefully you can find a new seal quickly. I do see part of your meth line hidden in the picture :-D

Skydogs

Putting the 3.5 to work stock! Turner in the mail and Brad putting together a custom tune! Pull baby pull!!! Even stock they do very very well.
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

Gray Brick

Replaced the original throttle body.... the motor that moves the butterfly seized and needed to be replaced.

Funny... I just installed my ATP+2 turbos and it was out on the 1st test drive - What are the odds?
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gray Brick

Finished the install of my ATP+2 turbos today... let the tuning begin!!!

14 lbs. of boost with a 20% wastegate duty cycle. :)

The old front turbo was toast.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

ZSHO

I contacted www.fullrace.com but unfortunately they did not have the Flange Gasket so found one on Amazon which should be here soon!
I also ordered a Tial -10psi (unpainted) spring which should be a tad stiffer than the original -8 (white) spring!
I will provide some initial impressions once the install is complete.  Z   :)