• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhighcaliber

I'm wondering if this is another BDP secret squirrel project. I think in the mist of his excitment, threw a few breadcrumbs out there for us.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on May 16, 2018, 08:17:47 PMI'm wondering if this is another BPD secret squirrel project.

I think in the midst of his excitment, threw a few breadcrumbs out there for us.

You, my friend..... have rather excellent intuitive Spidey senses!

Most impressive indeed! :thumb:

Breadcrumbs are good. Tiny morsels to snack upon until the full course is served.

I think my reputation of "go big, or go home" precedes itself.

I have ALWAYS been very specific, and very well thought out with my mods on this project. So far so good, and I am stoked to have the financial aspects of the massive audio build behind me.

Moving along to bigger and better things.

StealBlueSho

In all honesty... while I like the fact Mike is starting to push the platform again... I'm really hoping that the while he progresses the SHO he ALSO progresses to Topless models with the SHO! We have a calendar for the Gen 1/2's of similar regards... maybe a gen4 counter part is in order?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 16, 2018, 08:43:24 PM
In all honesty... while I like the fact Mike is starting to push the platform again... I'm really hoping that the while he progresses the SHO he ALSO progresses to Topless models with the SHO! We have a calendar for the Gen 1/2's of similar regards... maybe a gen4 counter part is in order?!?!

That is being worked on as well. LOL.

My photog pal Jeff is reaching out to his model clientele on that very same subject matter.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 16, 2018, 08:50:22 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 16, 2018, 08:43:24 PM

That is being worked on as well. LOL.

My photog pal Jeff is reaching out to his model clientele on that very same subject matter.

I'm in! I'll give you a gift card for the Mrs. K to go have a spa day so you wont get into trouble...

avidmotion

I volunteer as a model, I have lost 70lbs this past year and by summer I may even take my shirt off, a few photos leaning on your car in some tighty clingy man shorts might be nice.....ha ha tee hee heeeeee
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

bpd1151

@avid......

Oh dear God. Between you and Brian.

We are a goofy bunch.

@SBS.....

I'm always in trouble. But that offer may, I stress only MAY lessen her anger.

Or maybe redirect it elsewhere. LOL.

Unless of course you hire Chris Helmsworth or w/e tf his real name is (Thor) to be the masseuse. Bwahaha.

She'd forget all about it.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 17, 2018, 09:23:31 AM
@avid......

Oh dear God. Between you and Brian.

We are a goofy bunch.

@SBS.....

I'm always in trouble. But that offer may, I stress only MAY lessen her anger.

Or maybe redirect it elsewhere. LOL.

Unless of course you hire Chris Helmsworth or w/e tf his real name is (Thor) to be the masseuse. Bwahaha.

She'd forget all about it.

LMAO!!!!

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 16, 2018, 08:25:05 PM
Quote from: mrhighcaliber on May 16, 2018, 08:17:47 PMI'm wondering if this is another BPD secret squirrel project.

I think in the midst of his excitment, threw a few breadcrumbs out there for us.

You, my friend..... have rather excellent intuitive Spidey senses!

Most impressive indeed! :thumb:

Breadcrumbs are good. Tiny morsels to snack upon until the full course is served.

I think my reputation of "go big, or go home" precedes itself.

I have ALWAYS been very specific, and very well thought out with my mods on this project. So far so good, and I am stoked to have the financial aspects of the massive audio build behind me.

Moving along to bigger and better things.
I literally laughed out loud at "tiny morsels to snack upon until the full course is served".

I echo the sentiment of others here; grateful to see you still tinkering and pushing this platform forward.

I have question pertaining to your build as it relates to the meth system.

A calibrator for Lms [won't say his name, not Dan.lol] claims that due to higher boost from my newly installed billet compressor wheels, that I will have to upgrade to direct port methanol injection due to our intake manifold design. [Right bank receives majority of meth due to bend] before they can Dyno tune it. He claims that the added boost will force much more meth to the right bank.
I inquired about direct port methanol injection, while retaining my current alky pump. He claims my Alky pump doesn't have enough flow for the direct port setup, and that I will need the direct port kit installation in it's entirety.
This all smells a quite a bit "off" to say the least; on many points. I'm only attempting to achieve 450awhp/480awtq.

Are you running dual Alky pumps with your dual nozzle setup?

bamsho

Hmmmm interesting.   Mike and I both run the same Alky Controls setup.   Only difference in ours is he has dual meth spray nozzles and I have one.    As for the pumps, I'm pretty sure they are all the same.  Could be wrong.  I agree the Direct Port has better delivery to each cylinder.  When I changed my plugs in late March, they all looked the same.  I still run the single nozzle meth injection.   Im still holding out for final verdict on the Direct Port yet.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

StealBlueSho

On my 2010 they didn't even want to dyno tune my single nozzle meth setup... I was told to get a dyno tune I would have to pay to have it converted....

At the end of the day they are a business trying to make money... but if BPD1151 can run his monster on a single pump with two nozzles then there is no reason upgraded wheels can't IMHO..

I like LMS as they have pretty rock solid tunes and the support is good. I do question their business practices at times which I have never been shy about.

bamsho

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bamsho on May 17, 2018, 01:27:42 PM
Also Mike is running ATPs as well.

Aka... monster lol

bpd1151

Quote from: mrhighcaliber on May 17, 2018, 11:05:56 AMI have question pertaining to your build as it relates to the meth system.

Are you running dual Alky pumps with your dual nozzle setup?

I am running a SINGLE PUMP with two 15lb. nozzles.

I am no expert, never claimed to be, so I can't vouch for whom you spoke with, nor is it my business to override what you've been told.

However with that caveat prefaced, all I can say is, that on my set up, it works PERFECTLY FINE.

It makes sense that a vendor would hold a preference (in this case, the DP injection set up versus my own set up) but preferences aside, it shouldn't be mandatory to have one over the other, and/or withhold services due to not having set up 'A' and not setup 'B'.

But again, I am not the vendor and I don't offer services, so I can't speak for anything you heard, and/or were told.

Hope that answers your question(s).

mrhighcaliber

Thank you guys. My whole build is pretty much complete, now I just need a Dyno tune to bring it all together. Then they throw this curve ball my way, A quite expensive one at that. I installed my meth setup in summer of 17, watched lms YouTube tune a few 400+awhp shos and flexes and now they're treating me as though my alky kit is obsolete. I plan to speak to them in person to possibly work something out. Otherwise, I may go SBS route, and tour a few tuners.