• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

fixed my split front turbo pipe with a 1.75x1.875" coupler. fits like a dream. after i realized the oem pipe was split i broke off the rest of the retaining collar that holds the stock coupler on and replaced with an aftermarket one and clamped it on. much cheaper than replacing the whole pipe
link to coupler
https://www.siliconeintakes.com/intake-pipe-reducer/pipe-reducer-p-93.html?osCsid=0442589651a63e8a1ef9cb67ec8ea1c2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Macgyver

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: Macgyver on May 07, 2018, 06:00:27 PM
Thats a good one to file away.

Thanks !!!
no problem. i actually quoted the wrong size coupler. post fixed with link to the correct coupler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

mrhighcaliber

A lil Wash n wax...mr.miaggi would be proud

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

EcoAbe

Found a reputable wrapper nearby to make chrome go away; took some sunset photos on the way home. These photos here show what a dynamic color bronze fire can be in different angles and light levels. All photos shot on my iPhone X.

He did an excellent job and I cannot find a flaw on it... All in for the grill surround, lower grill insert, trunk strip, and both sides of the vehicle, he charged $260.

2015 Bronze Fire Non PP w/ 401a package

SHOdded

Very dynamic setting for a beautifully finished car.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoAbe

Quote from: SHOdded on May 08, 2018, 08:05:02 AM
Very dynamic setting for a beautifully finished car.

Thanks. I have driving by this abandoned lot location every week and pinned it as an ideal place to shoot... did not expect the sunset to cause that effect on the photos though.

SHOdded

TBH I am biased anyway.  Sunset Orange Metallic, Ginger Spice, and Bronzefire are probably my top 3 color choices for recent model year Ford vehicles.  They put out a LOT of great colors tho ...  Enjoyed these pics immensely.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoAbe

Quote from: SHOdded on May 08, 2018, 09:29:01 AM
TBH I am biased anyway.  Sunset Orange Metallic, Ginger Spice, and Bronzefire are probably my top 3 color choices for recent model year Ford vehicles.  They put out a LOT of great colors tho ...  Enjoyed these pics immensely.

Sunset is a really neat color, too. I believe they offered that on Taurus SEL and Limited, but not on SHO. Guard is one of my favorites on SHO as well. The light grey/green hue really shows the lines off nicely.

Also really appreciate that. Here are three more for your viewing pleasure. Glad my impromptu photoshoot was a success. More to come when my brakes and springs go on the vehicle in the next few weeks.

Macgyver

Quote from: EcoAbe on May 08, 2018, 09:37:17 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on May 08, 2018, 09:29:01 AM

Sunset is a really neat color, too. I believe they offered that on Taurus SEL and Limited, but not on SHO. Guard is one of my favorites on SHO as well. The light grey/green hue really shows the lines off nicely.

Also really appreciate that. Here are three more for your viewing pleasure. Glad my impromptu photoshoot was a success. More to come when my brakes and springs go on the vehicle in the next few weeks.

Awesome Stuff. I was gonna paint but I think I will pay to have that stuff wrapped.

EcoAbe

Quote from: Macgyver on May 08, 2018, 11:22:58 PM
Awesome Stuff. I was gonna paint but I think I will pay to have that stuff wrapped.

Thanks Macgyver. I have talked to a few auto body friends about painting fake chrome over the years and the answer is always, "if you can wrap it, wrap it". The properties of the chrome plated plastic are quirky in that a tremendous amount of prep has to be done to the trim, and a bonding agent of some sort has to be added to the trim in order to adhere properly. For the best result, the trim should also be taken off the car which can result in bending the molding, splitting the backing, or breaking the pins that hold the trim to the vehicle.

So my $0.02 is that it's quite tedious to paint the trim and perhaps 2-3x more expensive than a good wrap job.

lamrith

Installed a new grill in the car yesterday.  No picts yet, waiting for wheels to arrive and be installed to complete the transformation before I go for the glam shots...

Ever stop and think about why they used 2 plastic push pins to hold the middle of the pictured panel on, when the rest are all metal bolts?  I think I found out one reason why..

I have always heard that putting the bumper on is a 2 person job.  I did not have a second hand to help and had to get the car back on the road so I could drive it to work today.    I found a neat trick to installing the bumper with one person, it worked super easy and based on what I found I am pretty sure that Ford designed it to be done this way. 

I had bumper with grills attached sitting on a blanket, Looking at the bumper and car, I realized I could hang it in middle then work on the sides if I put the upper panel on it.  So I installed that upper panel the goes around the hood latch so the bumper and panel was one big assembly.  I did not snug the phillips head screws, I just got them so there was a little bit of play in the panel.  This actually made the bumper a nice solid assembly that was not flexing all over the place like it does without that top panel.  Then I was able to lift the entire assembly up gently and slide into place.  I put 2 of the metal bolts in place when I then realized that it would have been much simpler and faster to drop the two plastic fasteners in place for a quick hold.  I have a strong feeling that is exactly why Ford used plastic ones there and used two, if it was jut to hold the panel down one, would have been plenty.

Once the bolts were threaded in a bit and holding everything in place I went to each bumper corner and snapped them into the brackets by the headlights, then went back up top and began tightening done all the bolts and screws.  It worked really well, you just need to be slow and steadying bringing up the bumper so that you do not swing it up there and ding the fenders.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

TheGreatestSHOman

Got the rear license plate, trunk, and reverse light bulbs swapped out with LEDs. Waiting on my Drive Bright LED DRLs to come in tomorrow to go ahead and swap the front bulbs to LED. After that it's waiting for my Go-Fast parts from LMS to arrive hopefully Friday and get those put on.  ;D

Anyone know of anyone who has tinted their rear taillights on a '13+ and done just the clear lense portion (so reverse/turn/reflector part) and left the red ring on the outside untouched? I'd love to see a picture if anyone has.
'15 Tuxedo Black SHO:
LMS Hi-Flo Catted Downpipes, LMS CAI, LMS 160 T-Stat, LMS Plugs, 3-Bar MAP, & LMS 93 Tune

shaundizzle15

Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

EcoAbe

Quote from: shaundizzle15 on May 09, 2018, 02:29:01 PM
Eco where abouts did you have it wrapped?

At a shop south of Grand Rapids in Byron Center. You ever make it out to this side of the state?