• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: BJSHO on April 16, 2018, 12:30:39 PM
Quote from: lamrith on April 16, 2018, 12:22:07 PM
Quote from: BJSHO on April 16, 2018, 11:38:56 AM
AIRAID CAI ordered.. this week should be a good one... Tunes, 3BAR, Tstat, CAI are in the mail scheduled for arrival. Now I just need to come up with a plan for the bigger power adders such a downpipes, bigger fuel pump, and/or meth kits. Maybe ATP's...  long term of course, I need to make sure this car handles a tune with basic bolt ons well... and shake it down to see if its gonna need warranty work...

The addiction is real...
THAT escalated quickly, as we all knew it would. :buff:

Realizing that my stock sho can loose to a stock civic type r will never do. First and foremost....

Second.. I'm really on the fence with meth... the bigger fuel pump with some ATPs would be nice but 93 octane can only handle so much... I MAYBE looking at a street tune and a race tune with a higher octane race gas... E blending is not something I really want to deal with... been there and wasn't thrilled.

DPs are nice... probably will keep my eyes open for used set in the classifieds...

Not sure if exhaust is worth the money...

Lots to think about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa! We went from wanting to keep it stock for a while to Meth and ATP turbos and tunes!

Yes 93 can only handle so much but you are forgetting airflow.....Larger turbos definitley have benefits for a stock fuel sytem SHO and even stock drivetrain....I've been seeing much lower boost spikes which require less throttle control because they run much lower duty cycle and horsepower is and can be the same becuase the airflow is there...So cylinder pressure can be less which doesnt' require the octane.

I would've done much less data logging on your car, you had many great 93 oct logs...I feel like you were in a contanst state of tweaking and adding parts and adding the Manual boost controller on top of things...I just kept going with it.

We would keep going on and tweaking spark, moving from pump gas to Ethanol then eventually meth and wastegate mod....The mods never seemed to stop lol...Downpipes and so on...Then less boost and more spark....Just seemed like constant adjustments.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 16, 2018, 02:37:40 PM
Quote from: BJSHO on April 16, 2018, 12:30:39 PM
Quote from: lamrith on April 16, 2018, 12:22:07 PM
Quote from: BJSHO on April 16, 2018, 11:38:56 AM
AIRAID CAI ordered.. this week should be a good one... Tunes, 3BAR, Tstat, CAI are in the mail scheduled for arrival. Now I just need to come up with a plan for the bigger power adders such a downpipes, bigger fuel pump, and/or meth kits. Maybe ATP's...  long term of course, I need to make sure this car handles a tune with basic bolt ons well... and shake it down to see if its gonna need warranty work...

The addiction is real...
THAT escalated quickly, as we all knew it would. :buff:

Realizing that my stock sho can loose to a stock civic type r will never do. First and foremost....

Second.. I'm really on the fence with meth... the bigger fuel pump with some ATPs would be nice but 93 octane can only handle so much... I MAYBE looking at a street tune and a race tune with a higher octane race gas... E blending is not something I really want to deal with... been there and wasn't thrilled.

DPs are nice... probably will keep my eyes open for used set in the classifieds...

Not sure if exhaust is worth the money...

Lots to think about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa! We went from wanting to keep it stock for a while to Meth and ATP turbos and tunes!

Yes 93 can only handle so much but you are forgetting airflow.....Larger turbos definitley have benefits for a stock fuel sytem SHO and even stock drivetrain....I've been seeing much lower boost spikes which require less throttle control because they run much lower duty cycle and horsepower is and can be the same becuase the airflow is there...So cylinder pressure can be less which doesnt' require the octane.

I would've done much less data logging on your car, you had many great 93 oct logs...I feel like you were in a contanst state of tweaking and adding parts and adding the Manual boost controller on top of things...I just kept going with it.

We would keep going on and tweaking spark, moving from pump gas to Ethanol then eventually meth and wastegate mod....The mods never seemed to stop lol...Downpipes and so on...Then less boost and more spark....Just seemed like constant adjustments.

LOL, the datalogging was no fault of yours, I was always looking to tweak something, although I think FoMoCSHO has more datalogs than I do! In truth, there were always quirks with my SCT based tunes regardless of tuner, your tune a whole lot less quirks. Now, my new SHO maybe much more responsive to SCT tunes, but I need a break. I think I have expressed quite a bit how much I appreciate your efforts on this forum and others. So much so that even on the FB page there have been comments about AJPturbo being able to tune a car that others had failed at, in which I had to time chime in.

But yes, I always go in with the best of intentions trying to keep a car stock, however, I always fail miserably at it. Its just a juggle of when I want to void the warranty, not if.

I still have my SCT tuner so who knows what the future will hold.. but at this point I am going to run the LMS tunes since they don't tend to push the cars as hard. And again, I need a break from datalogging.. how long that break will be? Dunno..

If I go with bigger turbo's I will most likely go with the bigger HPFP as well for safety, I have not seen datalogs from a car without meth, with ATP's running a stock fuel setup.. Brad most likely has.. so I dunno.. I think Irondoor19(?) is running a setup like that, I have talked to him on the phone before, so I might give him a ring.

But there will be bigger turbos, HPFP's, and DP's in the future.. just a matter of comfort ability with the car and voiding the warranty.

SHOdded

Boy talk about letting your tuner off the hook EASY!  I know you have a catch & release clause, but boy am I disappointed.  :P
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Skydogs

Yeah Brad has done magic on my car scary scary power! 1/4 mille time very soon.....  :minigunner:
Skydog
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on April 16, 2018, 04:58:59 PM
Boy talk about letting your tuner off the hook EASY!  I know you have a catch & release clause, but boy am I disappointed.  :P

Thats what I get for being nice....

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Twintrbskies

BJSHO I do have a question about the Meth comment. What changed for you not wanting to go meth. I am really close to pulling the trigger on it (liking the cooling benefits) but still learning. Trying to get some thoughts on it.

And super glad your jumping back into modding these cars.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

lamrith

Quote from: Twintrbskies on April 16, 2018, 11:35:35 PM
BJSHO I do have a question about the Meth comment. What changed for you not wanting to go meth. I am really close to pulling the trigger on it (liking the cooling benefits) but still learning. Trying to get some thoughts on it.

I think it mostly has to do with his car being literally brand new, less than 10K miles on it.  I give him a fair bit of grief here and elsewhere, but in his shoes I completely understand not "dialing it to 11" yet. 

I have no doubt once she is well broken in and/or much closer to end of warranty that the addict will return to the fold.  Methheads just can't help themselves....
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: lamrith on April 17, 2018, 11:27:56 AM

I think it mostly has to do with his car being literally brand new, less than 10K miles on it.  I give him a fair bit of grief here and elsewhere, but in his shoes I completely understand not "dialing it to 11" yet. 

I have no doubt once she is well broken in and/or much closer to end of warranty that the addict will return to the fold.  Methheads just can't help themselves....

Lamrith is completely correct, with the car only having 7K miles on it, I want to shake it down a bit before I start drilling holes for meth. I really liked having meth on my last car but at this juncture I am looking at all my alternatives. I am leaning towards bigger turbos and the HPFP... we will see..

LMS package arrived today.. installed Tstat, 3Bar, and Tune.. AIRAID should arrive tomorrow.. much better with the tune on it.. loaded the v11 93 performance... I think the gas station I filled at had s*** gas as I was seeing high KR. Topped it off with some E85 and its gone.

bpd1151

lamrith

Quote from: BJSHO on April 17, 2018, 11:34:26 AM

Lamrith is completely correct, with the car only having 7K miles on it, I want to shake it down a bit before I start drilling holes for meth. I really liked having meth on my last car but at this juncture I am looking at all my alternatives. I am leaning towards bigger turbos and the HPFP... we will see..

LMS package arrived today.. installed Tstat, 3Bar, and Tune.. AIRAID should arrive tomorrow.. much better with the tune on it.. loaded the v11 93 performance... I think the gas station I filled at had s*** gas as I was seeing high KR. Topped it off with some E85 and its gone.
So does the Tstat really help that much?  I get it will cool engine a bit more, but IAT's are our biggest enemy, does it also help that? 

I have a 170 sitting in the garage, didn't install as we stay sub 80* for 9+mos a year.  Late July, Aug and Early Sept are only times we get up over 80* so I do not see the temps many others do.  That and the stories I heard about burping this system I just did not think it was worth the hassle.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: lamrith on April 17, 2018, 11:54:08 AM
Quote from: BJSHO on April 17, 2018, 11:34:26 AM

So does the Tstat really help that much?  I get it will cool engine a bit more, but IAT's are our biggest enemy, does it also help that? 

I have a 170 sitting in the garage, didn't install as we stay sub 80* for 9+mos a year.  Late July, Aug and Early Sept are only times we get up over 80* so I do not see the temps many others do.  That and the stories I heard about burping this system I just did not think it was worth the hassle.

I does help keep the motor a bit cooler, and to be honest, all tuners recommend a cooler Tstat. I had the 170F in my 2010 and I put the 160F in my 2016.. the coolant temps are staying cooler for sure which helps keep the heat down on the motor which is always a good thing. The stock thermostat is 180F so the 170 helps a bit more and in theory the 160 will help bit more than the 170...

LMS claims it helps keep everything cooler which makes it a bit easier on the motor. And the fact that every tuner I have talked to suggests using a cooler tstat.... I think its worth it...

irondoor19

Getting ready for Import Sunday @ National Trails (if it does not get rained Out)
SO Put together a Strait Thru MDesign Out of a Good One and a bad One (no Filter).
Added a strip of rubber (underneath Snout Opening) with some rubber Cement to tighten
up the Snout, and also insure that it only Sucks air from the front, AND not engine bay..
& Fab up a Stainless Steel Mesh Screen to Insure i do not Suck Up anything at the track
Had to buy a roll of the stuff, just to get 6 x 4 or so, SO i got a ton Left, SS Filters ANYONE

This is just for use at the Track, and the Swap out Time
(being real careful not to damage the Snout), is about 2-3 Minutes...
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

Macgyver

Quote from: irondoor19 on April 17, 2018, 03:32:03 PM
Getting ready for Import Sunday @ National Trails (if it does not get rained Out)
SO Put together a Strait Thru MDesign Out of a Good One and a bad One (no Filter).
Added a strip of rubber (underneath Snout Opening) with some rubber Cement to tighten
up the Snout, and also insure that it only Sucks air from the front, AND not engine bay..
& Fab up a Stainless Steel Mesh Screen to Insure i do not Suck Up anything at the track
Had to buy a roll of the stuff, just to get 6 x 4 or so, SO i got a ton Left, SS Filters ANYONE

This is just for use at the Track, and the Swap out Time
(being real careful not to damage the Snout), is about 2-3 Minutes...

You could do that mod to the factory air box.

92BlackGT

I decided to change out the PTU fluid and got about 12 oz out and it was jet black but still liquid. This is my third time doing it and i'm definitely going to keep doing it in the future. I also checked the CAC for oil and found a good 1/2" of oil in there :( for people that have had oil in their CAC and then installed a catch can, has it prevented subsequent oil from gathering in the CAC?
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph