• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Quote from: TopherSho on March 29, 2018, 11:02:03 PM
Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on March 29, 2018, 09:46:05 PM
Quote from: stealbluesho on March 29, 2018, 07:20:06 PM
Quote from: bamsho on March 29, 2018, 02:54:28 PM
Got a new set of SP542 plugs.  Going to give them a try.  They are one set colder than SP534s.  They will get tested out next Friday night.  First nighr of Friday night street racing at BSD under a great new owner.

So a large part of the community swears the SP542's gapped at .28 are the ONLY way to go... HOWEVER... I push it with 28 degrees of spark and 17psi with no knock to speak of... and I am very anal about maintenance so I check my plugs a lot. They have always been in good shape.. so I dunno?
meth cooling your cylinder temps probably negates the need for a cooler plug. if you remember tophersho's thread a cooler plug combined with meth actually caused fouling. however if your tuned without meth the increased cylinder temps certainly justify a cooler plug IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah Mine fouled to the point of bad spark misfire at 10k miles with a -1 cold range .. way to cold of a plug for Oregon ..as for .28 vs. .30 i defer to brad who is meh on the topic.

the fronts were abysmal,  rears were 'slightly less' terrible.  as soon as i swapped in the oem plugs the final issue was resolved.

I will note that since i put them in though.. i have lost 2' of spark so far.  i used to bump right up to 27' degrees regularly in 1st 2nd and 3rd .. now i am a solid flat 24 degrees .. definable loss of TQ.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

ZSHO

The noise from the rear shock is gone...There was no evident signs of any leaks from the shocks while the suspension seems nice and tight. Dunno. Z

I also discovered a noticeable exhaust leak with some black carbon!. 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

maybe needs new gasket/doublegasketing before?  Increased vibration due to H&R maybe?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 03, 2018, 06:05:59 PM
maybe needs new gasket/doublegasketing before?  Increased vibration due to H&R maybe?
Thanks Manu!  :)  I meant to say no leaks from the shocks and no more noise while the suspension feels tight! sorry long day.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Gotcha :)  I meant that perhaps the increased stiffness of the suspension was challenging the exhaust system integrity.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on April 03, 2018, 06:16:15 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on April 03, 2018, 06:05:59 PM
Thanks Manu!  :)  I meant to say no leaks from the shocks and no more noise while the suspension feels tight! sorry long day.  Z

Maybe time to spend a couple bucks and get those joint properly welded.

Doesn't help with clunking though...

Skydogs

Put some MSD coils in and refilled meth tank AGAIN LOL
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

StealBlueSho

Made room for the new addition and brought it inside....

irondoor19

Installed MSD coil set, took it for a shake down run,
getting ready for test and tune next week end...!

2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

ZSHO

@ irondoor I'm liking the RED MSD Coils .Btw fixed the ^^^^ Pic for ya.  Z  :)

StealBlueSho

Quote from: irondoor19 on April 12, 2018, 03:23:25 PM
Installed MSD coil set, took it for a shake down run,
getting ready for test and tune next week end...!

Stoked to see what Brad and you have cooked up with the new motor!

ZSHO

I guess a bit off Topic but have some extra 3/8" steel braided hose and connector's so the initial plan was to upgrade all the PVC vacuum lines that connect to the intake manifold. Z

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on April 12, 2018, 04:20:10 PM
I guess a bit off Topic but have some extra 3/8" steel braided hose and connector's so the initial plan was to upgrade all the PVC vacuum lines that connect to the intake manifold. Z

I would think the stock rubber/plastic lines would be less prone to weathering?

StealBlueSho

Threw this big b!tch on a lift to check stuff out... I don't trust dealerships. Everything looks good! NO leaks anywhere yet...

They have made a TON of updates to this platform from 2010 to 2016...interesting to see...even the oil pan is different..