• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Skydogs

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 27, 2018, 09:48:39 AM
Decided to pull the trigger on a new pair of LED projector puddle lamps the other day.
Yeah one of my first mods love them!!! Looks great man!! Loving my R3!!!!
These to replace my original set that I gutted open way back in 2010, and authored a "How-To" tutorial on how to retro the LED into the housing.

I couldn't resist these, as the projector portion casts the FORD oval/logo onto the ground below it. Looks really sharp.

The things that are being done in the lighting department never cease to amaze me. Cool stuff.

Installed them just now......
Boost and meth life!!
13 SHO PP  Meth tuned by AJP Turbo!!!!
610" Merlin 8.3 whipple on Meth 1,300 HP Pump gas
17 Thunder Cat 300 HP Tuned
17 X3 Can-am 200 HP Tuned

ZSHO

I changed out the rear downstream 02 sensors and will provide the exact part numbers needed for all five 02 sensors for the 13+ SHO for anyone interested.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

glock-coma

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 27, 2018, 09:48:39 AM
Decided to pull the trigger on a new pair of LED projector puddle lamps the other day.

These to replace my original set that I gutted open way back in 2010, and authored a "How-To" tutorial on how to retro the LED into the housing.

I couldn't resist these, as the projector portion casts the FORD oval/logo onto the ground below it. Looks really sharp.

The things that are being done in the lighting department never cease to amaze me. Cool stuff.

Installed them just now......
Wow, that logo is really detailed. Usually those look like they're shining through a coke bottle. Looks good.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

bpd1151

Well today was a busy day for my SHO.

Started with changing out the puddle lamps (see/refer earlier post from this morning).

Performed an oil change and in doing so, noticed I had two small meth leaks. Christ's sake.

One leak was on the OEM Washer Reservoir. The low tank sensor grommet degrades over time. So off with that piece, drain all the meth, then slap a new grommet in place, clean up the old sealant, then re-install and re-seal.

The 2nd leak was on the pump itself. Pretty common place. If you recall I learned back in Summer of 2014, that ALL METH PUMPS (regardless of the mfg'er) have a life span. Typically 2.5-3yrs.

At that time (Summer of 2014) I replaced that pump with a new one, then had my original pump from 2011, sent back to Alky Controls for rebuild.

So I got 3yrs out of the 1st pump, and almost 4yrs out of the second pump.

I'll send the 2014 new pump in for rebuild, and will feel confident that the current one will last another 3yrs.

But WHEW. Good Lord. My lower back is starting to feel it after having spent so much personal, intimate time with the SHO today.

No spring chicken anymore, lemme tell 'ya.

bamsho

Got a new set of SP542 plugs.  Going to give them a try.  They are one set colder than SP534s.  They will get tested out next Friday night.  First nighr of Friday night street racing at BSD under a great new owner.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bamsho on March 29, 2018, 02:54:28 PM
Got a new set of SP542 plugs.  Going to give them a try.  They are one set colder than SP534s.  They will get tested out next Friday night.  First nighr of Friday night street racing at BSD under a great new owner.

So a large part of the community swears the SP542's gapped at .28 are the ONLY way to go... HOWEVER... I push it with 28 degrees of spark and 17psi with no knock to speak of... and I am very anal about maintenance so I check my plugs a lot. They have always been in good shape.. so I dunno?

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: stealbluesho on March 29, 2018, 07:20:06 PM

So a large part of the community swears the SP542's gapped at .28 are the ONLY way to go... HOWEVER... I push it with 28 degrees of spark and 17psi with no knock to speak of... and I am very anal about maintenance so I check my plugs a lot. They have always been in good shape.. so I dunno?
meth cooling your cylinder temps probably negates the need for a cooler plug. if you remember tophersho's thread a cooler plug combined with meth actually caused fouling. however if your tuned without meth the increased cylinder temps certainly justify a cooler plug IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

TopherSho

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on March 29, 2018, 09:46:05 PM
Quote from: stealbluesho on March 29, 2018, 07:20:06 PM

meth cooling your cylinder temps probably negates the need for a cooler plug. if you remember tophersho's thread a cooler plug combined with meth actually caused fouling. however if your tuned without meth the increased cylinder temps certainly justify a cooler plug IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah Mine fouled to the point of bad spark misfire at 10k miles with a -1 cold range .. way to cold of a plug for Oregon ..as for .28 vs. .30 i defer to brad who is meh on the topic.

the fronts were abysmal,  rears were 'slightly less' terrible.  as soon as i swapped in the oem plugs the final issue was resolved.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

BoostfoSHO

Finally finished the installation now to logging and tuning.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AJPTurbo FTW
2015 SHO PP
Air raid intake, 3bar, OBX catless downpipes, 160tstat 2. Electric exhaust cutouts, MSD ignition coil, hot pipes with Tial BOV, AJP Turbo wastegate regulator mod.
For now...
Pending install. Snow stage

ZSHO

It's actually not related to the Topic but think I meesed up the rear drivers side shock component as an intermittent thumb can be heard directly behind me!
The front struts were purchased from www.rockauto.com while the rear shocks directly from the Ford dealer last summer. 
I guess will have to wait and see if the Two year warranty apply.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on April 01, 2018, 07:18:08 AM
It's actually not related to the Topic but think I meesed up the rear drivers side shock component as an intermittent thumb can be heard directly behind me!
The front struts were purchased from www.rockauto.com while the rear shocks directly from the Ford dealer last summer. 

Fingers crossed warranty will take care of it! Did Ford do the install as well?

ZSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on April 01, 2018, 07:31:21 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on April 01, 2018, 07:18:08 AM

Fingers crossed warranty will take care of it! Did Ford do the install as well?
Thanks man! The rears were installed by the dealer but currently not in good terms to say the least.  Z

StealBlueSho

Maybe talk to a different service writer? I mean really, ZSHO is too nice a guy to have a bad rep at the dealer!

I would jack up the rear and shake things down to see what's loose....

ZSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on April 01, 2018, 07:52:41 AM
Maybe talk to a different service writer? I mean really, ZSHO is too nice a guy to have a bad rep at the dealer!

I would jack up the rear and shake things down to see what's loose....
There are some plans in the works against this family owned business.  Z