• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: stealbluesho on March 09, 2018, 04:00:57 PM
Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on March 08, 2018, 06:39:01 PM
Quote from: stealbluesho on March 08, 2018, 08:04:56 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on March 08, 2018, 07:54:28 AM
Noooooo you are not leaving our lovely Metro Area!!!  Not until after Carlisle at least!

LOL! Its a long shot anyway... The company that wants me I am unsure about and being as I have always been an east-coast guy, I am not sure my stodgy self would fit in over there in CO... lol

I am excited about Carlisle, not gonna enter the SHO, but I am planning on going with my old man.
No way! you'll fit in just fine and learn to love this place man. yes your ET's will suffer but the fun part is . . . you'll be stomping all over   NA V-8's like it's nothing since they're the ones who really suffer up here.
i'm rooting for you to take the job and come out here and share the crap thin air with me! lol
what part of CO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure yet which part.. probably around Denver would be my guess...

Sounds fun though!
right on you'll be in my area if you make the jump. keep me posted!

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

irondoor19

Look What Race Santa Got ME for the Upcoming Race Season
E85 Sealed in 55 GAL, 175.00 Plus 25.00 Drum Deposit,
Local 1/8 Mile track is supplying these as you need them
supposed to test out at 85 or 86, We will SEE....
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

FoMoCoSHO

Irondoor with you being in central Ohio you have speedway E-85 available and it has proven pretty consistent and potent...

14 PSI and 29 degrees

I've ran it in blends on all 3 and full E-85 on this one.

$1.50-$2.00 gallon.

irondoor19

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 10, 2018, 01:07:50 PM
Irondoor with you being in central Ohio you have speedway E-85 available and it has proven pretty consistent and potent...

14 PSI and 29 degrees

I've ran it in blends on all 3 and full E-85 on this one.

$1.50-$2.00 gallon.

Yea Thanks for Bursting my bubble, but i want to blend at the Shop....
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

bpd1151

Ordered these from a vendor at World of Wheels. Got an outstanding price I couldn't refuse.

The Conti DWS's served me incredibly well, but since I no longer punish my SHO by subjecting it to the elements of old man winter, It's time to ditch the all season's and rock a set of dedicated performance tires.

I will report back my experiences at some point. Install is scheduled for 03/13/18.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 12, 2018, 08:51:58 PM
Ordered these from a vendor at World of Wheels. Got an outstanding price I couldn't refuse.

The Conti DWS's served me incredibly well, but since I no longer punish my SHO by subjecting it to the elements of old man winter, It's time to ditch the all season's and rock a set of dedicated performance tires.

I will report back my experiences at some point. Install is scheduled for 03/13/18.

I would be very interested in the results... I was debating between these and the BFgoodrich Comp 2's.. I went with the BFGoodrich which has the almost the exact same tread pattern, but are SLIGHTLY harder than the Nitto's..

Hope they work out well! Keep us informed.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Made a video after almost 5k miles
https://youtu.be/FJNIvQS54lU

Oddly I have some gouges inside my intake manifold.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: Gjkrisa on March 14, 2018, 11:08:32 PM

Is it just me or does the piston look pitted/gouged on the outer edge where it meets the cylinder wall?
What endoscope are you using? i've been meaning to get one
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on March 15, 2018, 09:24:58 AM
Quote from: Gjkrisa on March 14, 2018, 11:08:32 PM

Is it just me or does the piston look pitted/gouged on the outer edge where it meets the cylinder wall?
What endoscope are you using? i've been meaning to get one
Yea it does I'm hopping it's just carbon
I'm using DBPOWER ( 2-in-1 ) 2Million Pixels 5Meter USB Waterproof HD 6LED Borescope Endoscope Inspection Tube Camera with USB Adpater for Android Device with OTG Function https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JERRES6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_2zNQAbWJA3556 got it for Christmas.

Macgyver

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Macgyver on March 15, 2018, 07:16:02 PM
So this SHO only has 5k miles?
the engine is. Was replaced due to cylinder 4/6 bearings bad

Wish I had the endoscop from the start probably wouldn't have seen anything different but be nice to see.

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: Gjkrisa on March 15, 2018, 08:23:12 PM

Wish I had the endoscop from the start probably wouldn't have seen anything different but be nice to see.
was the whole short or long block replaced or what? that piston definetly looked more than 5k old even if it was carbon build up

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on March 15, 2018, 09:59:46 PM
Quote from: Gjkrisa on March 15, 2018, 08:23:12 PM

was the whole short or long block replaced or what? that piston definetly looked more than 5k old even if it was carbon build up

probably short block but I was 500miles away when it got fixed didn't get a chance to talk to them.

Looks new to me like it was machined from a block of metal not forged.
Also pool of gas/oil?

polskifacet

Raced one of those new Durango drt with the 8 speed dual clutch transmissions. I think its 6.4 liters. From a stoplight it was dead even on the winter AJP tune non meth.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs