• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 26, 2018, 09:57:17 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on February 26, 2018, 08:40:25 AM
I finally had a chance to deactivate that annoying,pesky Rear sun shade visor so it stays up all the time. There is a blue/white wire coming from the plug that connect's to the module in the back deck.
Btw don't waste your time removing the relay by the (BJB) it wont work.  Z

you just cut the wire?
I was able to push out the pin in order to release the wire located in the middle of the plug. 
There are 10 pins IIRC and only 4 are used! The blue/white wire are for the Shade on the 2013MY.
I also removed the ground terminal on the Battery in order to avoid any sparks.
I will try to get some pics later in the day. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Macgyver

I would love to find out how to get the shade to stop rattling with the OEM bass. My dealer tried. Replaced the whole rear deck. Yeah its not what was vibrating. The shade when in its lowered state. It Vibrates with bass. We tried a New 2016 and low mile 2015 they had in stock and they both did it as well as mine. Ford said it will not fix it any further. Yeah I know LOL. How about that.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Macgyver on February 26, 2018, 07:59:50 PM
I would love to find out how to get the shade to stop rattling with the OEM bass. My dealer tried. Replaced the whole rear deck. Yeah its not what was vibrating. The shade when in its lowered state. It Vibrates with bass. We tried a New 2016 and low mile 2015 they had in stock and they both did it as well as mine. Ford said it will not fix it any further. Yeah I know LOL. How about that.
Glad mine hasn't started rattling yet usually coins in the door

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

StealBlueSho

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 18, 2018, 02:05:02 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 18, 2018, 01:56:12 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on February 18, 2018, 12:47:40 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on February 18, 2018, 12:23:27 PM
ah, that's too bad :(  no problems with mine.
I did find a reviewer with the same fitment issues but not worth the hassle of returning it IMO!  The search goes on as I plan on keeping the stock intake! Thanks Z
My paper filter fits perfectly!

Lol...

Probably a dirty paper filter at that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's like you are a prophet....

SHOdded

200,000 miles on this filter?  Keep it in otherwise, lol.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Smelting Plant near by ?  It kind of reminds me of my seat filters. LOL.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 27, 2018, 04:54:49 PM
I did find a reviewer with the same fitment issues but not worth the hassle of returning it IMO!  The search goes on as I plan on keeping the stock intake! Thanks Z

Lol...

Just hose it down and put it back in ;-)

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: stealbluesho on February 28, 2018, 11:25:27 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 27, 2018, 04:54:49 PM

Lol...

Just hose it down and put it back in ;-)
Haha, as soon as I read your post I ordered a new one...

Why? Because fubar tends to happen with me and cars and even though I paid for the car to be gone through when I got it I suspected with my luck the easy may have been overlooked. Sho nuff.

smdh

92BlackGT

i dumped the E20 for E30... i'm hoping for sub 12.5 runs this year
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

ZSHO

I cleaned up the Airaid intake and reinstalled it once again but noticed the Hump Hose coupler to be cracked and hardened due to it being made from rubber AFAIK!

I have always used HPS silicone hoses with overall great results but opted for an Autobahn silicone hose which is right up their with quailty compared to the HPS and similar in comparison with half the price tag and Great piece for the money IMO!
I also applied some Heat Reflective Tape to the intake.
I will provide some PICS for anyone interested. Z   :)

3.5" To 3.5" (89mm) ID HOSE.

autobahn88
Materials:   Silicone for Automotive Application   ASHU05-89BK
Application:   Design for Automotive / Racing   Size (Internal Diameter):   89mm / 3.5inch
Angle:   Straight, Cushion Type   Length:   80mm / 3.125 inch
Hose Thickness:   5mm (0.2") / 4 ply Polyester.

$11.54 & FREE Shipping

https://www.amazon.com/Autobahn88-Universal-Automotive-Silicone-Thickness/dp/B01CTHX14I/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1520434323&sr=1-1&keywords=Autobahn88+Universal+Automotive+Silicone+Hose%2C+Straight+Hump+Coupler%2C+ID+3.5%22+%2889mm%29%2C+Length+3%22+%2876mm%29%2C+Wall+Thickness+0.2%22+%285mm%29%2C+4-Ply%2C+Black

gtmorgan23

ZSHO pics are always wanted. haha

Today I ordered a Fumoto F107s for my SHO. I am going to do my first oil change so I figured it would be a great time to try one of these puppies out.

I ordered directly from them and am happy to say they hooked me up with a military discount too.

Just need to pick up a FL500s and 6 quarts of 5W-30 full synthetic oil and the fun can commence.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

SHOdded

Good luck with the Fumoto.  Although drain speed will be reduced, certainly will eliminate the hassle of the drain plug.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: gtmorgan23 on March 07, 2018, 03:07:44 PM
ZSHO pics are always wanted. haha

Today I ordered a Fumoto F107s for my SHO. I am going to do my first oil change so I figured it would be a great time to try one of these puppies out.

I ordered directly from them and am happy to say they hooked me up with a military discount too.

Just need to pick up a FL500s and 6 quarts of 5W-30 full synthetic oil and the fun can commence.
Once it stops snowing. Lol. Z

SHOdded