• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 30, 2017, 09:02:31 PM
Tune is loaded but Buzzkill Bradley clipped my wings till we get some logs.

:D

Blah blah....i was thinking of the buzz kill it would be to hear the clankety clank  and racket of detonation going on in your engine from a gung ho tune to early lol

Small steps on the new Lincoln eh? Patient Daniel son
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

bpd1151

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 30, 2017, 09:02:31 PMBuzzkill Bradley clipped my wings.

"Buzzkill Bradley"......

Muahahahaha love it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on November 30, 2017, 10:28:14 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 30, 2017, 09:02:31 PM
Tune is loaded but Buzzkill Bradley clipped my wings till we get some logs.

:D

Blah blah....i was thinking of the buzz kill it would be to hear the clankety clank  and racket of detonation going on in your engine from a gung ho tune to early lol

Small steps on the new Lincoln eh? Patient Daniel son
Surely, you know that was in jest...

Part of being a good tuner is protecting us tunees from ourselves, LOL.

Doesn't mean its any less of of a drag.... :D

bpd1151

Of course. He's obviously doing his due diligence. Which is commendable.

That said, I still think the moniker you assigned, is/was funny.

Great Stuff there Maynard.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Macgyver

Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 30, 2017, 05:13:08 PM
Gave my old girl some C7 Vette to chew on... the driver was not a fan of my tail lights... are

Hahaha. Cant let her go hungry.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Macgyver on December 01, 2017, 08:02:11 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 30, 2017, 05:13:08 PM
Gave my old girl some C7 Vette to chew on... the driver was not a fan of my tail lights... are

Hahaha. Cant let her go hungry.

I wasn't gonna do it... but it was an all blacked out C7 that was riding my rear being a *ick... he tried to pass me when we got out onto two lanes... didn't happen...

Jordan

Tore off the JMS boostmax in my Fusion today. Got a guy coming to pick it up for himself. Same dude who bought my steeda intake. Guess this money will help offset the ridiculous amount in the SHO already lol
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

PDSHO

Just something minor that has been bothering me.
When my Cruiser was decommissioned they did the sloppiest job of filling the 3 holes in the roof.
They stuffed paper towels in the holes, then slopped a lot of black silicone over them so i had 3 lumps of silicone sticking about 1/2 inch high on my roof.
I have been looking for some kind of plug or black heavy stickers to put over them, and didn't find anything I liked. The other day I was at our Fire Station and found a roll of black reflective vinyl made by 3M that we used on some of our older rigs. I cut 3 circles about 3.5" across, I took a blade to the silicone blobs, then a 3M body eraser in a drill, followed by some acetone.
30 minutes later a big improvement, plus a spotlight can find my car if I ever put it in a ditch!

Greg

2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

ZSHO

Quote from: PDSHO on December 02, 2017, 03:08:05 PM
Just something minor that has been bothering me.
When my Cruiser was decommissioned they did the sloppiest job of filling the 3 holes in the roof.
They stuffed paper towels in the holes, then slopped a lot of black silicone over them so i had 3 lumps of silicone sticking about 1/2 inch high on my roof.
I have been looking for some kind of plug or black heavy stickers to put over them, and didn't find anything I liked. The other day I was at our Fire Station and found a roll of black reflective vinyl made by 3M that we used on some of our older rigs. I cut 3 circles about 3.5" across, I took a blade to the silicone blobs, then a 3M body eraser in a drill, followed by some acetone.
30 minutes later a big improvement, plus a spotlight can find my car if I ever put it in a ditch!

Greg

That's very unfortunate! Certainly don't want water to enter the cabin!
I would try installing some 3m vinyl wrap to cover the entire roof! instead of adding a bandaid for a temporary fix! some food for thought.  Z

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2013/P-003_2013_PI_3M_Vinyl_Vehicle_Wrap.pdf

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

Ditto on wrapping the whole roof!

I got lucky with the CVPI I had.  The decommissioning company used acceptable looking black plugs and rtv.  No leaks and wasn't too unsightly.

They didn't do as well on the firewall.  A couple of weeks into ownership I was getting noise and odor into the car.  Found a gaping hole in the firewall left unplugged and another where they sliced open a grommet and didn't seal the hole. 

If I ever buy one again, I'll do a better job of looking it over prior to purchase.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Jordan on December 02, 2017, 10:23:01 AM
Tore off the JMS boostmax in my Fusion today. Got a guy coming to pick it up for himself. Same dude who bought my steeda intake. Guess this money will help offset the ridiculous amount in the SHO already lol
Dumb question but would the boostmax allow me to turn down the boost in inclement weather?

PDSHO

Quote from: sholxgt on December 02, 2017, 04:42:22 PM
Ditto on wrapping the whole roof!

I got lucky with the CVPI I had.  The decommissioning company used acceptable looking black plugs and rtv.  No leaks and wasn't too unsightly.

They didn't do as well on the firewall.  A couple of weeks into ownership I was getting noise and odor into the car.  Found a gaping hole in the firewall left unplugged and another where they sliced open a grommet and didn't seal the hole. 

If I ever buy one again, I'll do a better job of looking it over prior to purchase.
Unfortunately mine was bought at an online auction so I didn't get to look it over. I had not thought of any body wrap, I doubt they could match this color?
I'm kind of old school, I haven't even tinted the windows yet. But I did order a console today!!

Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

Jordan

Quote from: SHOdded on December 02, 2017, 03:04:10 PM
Good riddance, JMS, LOL!

lol guy threw a code. I figure it's from an already failing sensor. JMS just modifies signals on the sensors so I figure it threw it just out of range for it to throw a code. I gave him his money back. It's meh in the end. It's like a halfway house to a tune...
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!