• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FoMoCoSHO

I got a shiny new E45 tune for the Lincoln in my Email...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on November 28, 2017, 03:45:41 PM
Bootlegging it, FoMoCo?
Just doing my part to screw OPEC...and anyone who wants to street duel!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 28, 2017, 02:47:33 PM
what boost level and spark you running with that E content?
i know i have got more room to step up from E30 but boost is maxed at my altitude and spark is at 27*+ so not sure upping the spark would really be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

ZSHO

I am currently on my 3rd year with upgraded Motorcraft BXT-65-850 Battery which has been working as designed and is a significant improvement over the OEM Motorcraft BXT-65-650 and BXT-65-750 which is on the PI.

I cleaned the Battery terminals once again for good measures and added roughy a pint of distilled water using a small longneck funnel to the battery every winter.
I also installed some new Battery & Corrosion Protector's which can be had for fairly cheap @ your local walmart.

I know the Battery's are (maintenance free) but a little preventative maintenance goes a long way especially with old man winter just around the corner.  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on November 30, 2017, 02:04:41 PM
It has been losing fluid?
I have always (topped off) roughly a pint of distilled H2O before winter.  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Gave my old girl some C7 Vette to chew on... the driver was not a fan of my tail lights... are

SHOdded

Yeah the chrome peels way faster in a tuned SHO.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on November 28, 2017, 08:26:07 PM
i know i have got more room to step up from E30 but boost is maxed at my altitude and spark is at 27*+ so not sure upping the spark would really be worth it.

Gotta get some logging in before we crank up the power.

The 15 was at 15.5 PSI and 26-27 spark.

FoMoCoSHO

Tune is loaded but Buzzkill Bradley clipped my wings till we get some logs.

:D

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 30, 2017, 08:53:39 PM

Makes sense. My E30 tune commands 191kpa (which is 15.5 psi above my altitude of 83kpa) and running about the same spark. Difference is i don't have room to turn up the boost.
Are you looking at upping the spark or boost on the E45 tune? To the best of my knowledge anywhere above 27* is at the point of diminishing returns and probably not going to produce any more power.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on November 30, 2017, 09:39:16 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 30, 2017, 08:53:39 PM

Makes sense. My E30 tune commands 191kpa (which is 15.5 psi above my altitude of 83kpa) and running about the same spark. Difference is i don't have room to turn up the boost.
Are you looking at upping the spark or boost on the E45 tune? To the best of my knowledge anywhere above 27* is at the point of diminishing returns and probably not going to produce any more power.
I can add boost, just haven't felt the need. More boost, more strain on the fuel system, higher IAT2's. As it was, the 15 was a handful in inclement weather (but a helluva lot of fun in dry weather) and minus a GTR killed everything on the street that stepped up. Power is fun but longevity is equally important.

My enrichment schedule is a little different so there is probably a little wiggle room to add boost.

I'm not sure about spark but IIRC 27 is 4-6* below MBT so there should be room for improvement if the fuel will allow it. Personally I would leave a couple degrees of wiggle room regardless of what the fuel tolerates. Ok, I might try MBT once , LOL