• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

FoMoCo, are you headed towards getting rid of the SHO?  Curious why you are returning to stock.

FWIW, I find the MKS to be a great platform.  If mine didn't have the stutter issue, I'd be looking into long term ownership.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: sholxgt on October 15, 2017, 10:15:25 PM
FoMoCo, are you headed towards getting rid of the SHO?  Curious why you are returning to stock.

FWIW, I find the MKS to be a great platform.  If mine didn't have the stutter issue, I'd be looking into long term ownership.
SHO will be going away.

There are things I prefer about GEN 4.1 and specifically the Lincolns.

IMO

Lincoln looks better and carries an even better stealth profile.

I prefer the analogue gauges to the useless displays in 4.2, the tach sucks, the MPG gauge sucks, lack of customization sucks.

The interior is more comfortable, especially the seats.

I much prefer the Lincoln navscreen layout.

The adaptive headlights are amazing.

Lighted door sills are a nice touch.

Lincolns depreciate more, so I can buy them cheap. $48 grand buys a new SHO or a used Lincoln and lot of repairs/upgrades. Items I like from the SHO are easily upgraded.

Bottom line?

My youth is gone, LOL!

bpd1151

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 15, 2017, 10:45:48 PMBottom line?

My youth is gone, LOL!

Oh dear God. FoMo's regressing. Off to the nursing home he's destined.

Better hope Brad programs you a relatively mild "Old Fart" tune, lest you risk crapping in your Depends.

Lolololol.

In all seriousness though, enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Oh no, not Bronzie!!!  Feared this day would come, but I guess time & comfort stop for no machine.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FearlessAZ

Are you jsut moving the goodies from the SHO to the Lincoln?
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SHOdded

Quote from: AJP turbo on October 16, 2017, 07:29:30 AM
C*******o meant a person that is the ethanol master.. should i not use that word?

Corn=ethanol
Fomo is obsessed with ethanol
Fomo is c*******o like from beavis and butthead

??
These types of words make our jobs difficult.  And Beavis & Butthead isn't exactly a great frame of reference for posting in a public forum like this.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: FearlessAZ on October 16, 2017, 07:33:18 AM
Are you jsut moving the goodies from the SHO to the Lincoln?
Nothing to move but the 3 bar....

FearlessAZ

Whatever happened to the super EPP exhaust cutout?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: FearlessAZ on October 16, 2017, 11:40:58 AM
Whatever happened to the super EPP exhaust cutout?
I still have it, will probably sell it

FearlessAZ

If you still have it by Feb/March, I will buy it in a heartbeat. Shipping and everything.

I would beg Mike but the jig is MIA to make new ones.

92BlackGT

I fixed my passenger side heater blend door. I thought it was the easy one that you see right there behind the glove box. Oh no, it was the one in the middle of the dash area. What a pain! I was able to do it without taking anything else apart but it was tedious and I didn't put the screw that is behind everything back in. It should be fine... 😕
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SHOdded

Not the blend door actuator, but the actual blend door?  Yeah, I can see that being a PITA ...

92BlackGT

Quote from: SHOdded on October 16, 2017, 05:18:24 PM
Not the blend door actuator, but the actual blend door?  Yeah, I can see that being a PITA ...
whoops, no just the actuator.
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

bpd1151

Weather has been getting cooler here in CHI-Town at night (like mid 40's, lower 50's) and desiring to pick on some lowly Porsche, Corvette, Charger SRT owners, etc.....

What I did to my SHO today was run it down to almost "E" / Empty, and then dumped 10 gallons of MS109 into the SHO's tank and uploaded the custom LOWER 525awhp track file from LMS.

I want to see them cry at the next light knowing they purchased what they did, and got eaten alive by a LARGE 4 door grocery getter.

Time to play.

Muahahahahahahaha

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 19, 2017, 08:42:36 PM
Weather has been getting cooler here in CHI-Town at night (like mid 40's, lower 50's) and desiring to pick on some lowly Porsche, Corvette, Charger SRT owners, etc.....

What I did to my SHO today was run it down to almost "E" / Empty, and then dumped 10 gallons of MS109 into the SHO's tank and uploaded the custom LOWER 525awhp track file from LMS.

I want to see them cry at the next light knowing they purchased what they did, and got eaten alive by a LARGE 4 door grocery getter.

Time to play.

Muahahahahahahaha

How much are you paying for 109?