• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primalzer

Ford is going to throw some penetrating oil on them, and hopefully loosen them up for me...I probably should've shot them up last night for them, while I was under there.
2011 Ford Flex Limited EcoBoost
-2013+ PP SHO front brake conversion

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

haunter

Just had the PTU fluid done at a shop, $180 bucks.

PTU Fluid @ 68K by digd0ug, on Flickr
13 SHO PP - 170 T-Stat, Sp-534's, 3Bar MAF, Unleashed Tune

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

haunter

It wasnt as thick as it appeared base on color.  Not molasses

They got a whole 5oz out via the drain plug.

So they ended up doing a flush, which was fine by me.

SHOdded

haunter

yeah.....hence the forced flush.

He was a little shocked, but was not terribly worried since he was able to get the flush to work.

He was pretty happy he was able to work it out and get it serviced considering the condition of the fluid.

He definitely lived up to his excellent reputation.

Primalzer

Quote from: SHOdded on September 27, 2017, 04:33:10 PM
Hope they get it done 4 ya.

Well they said they loosened them up, and the washers were a bit loose, but ended up breaking the 2nd bolt with a breaker bar when the impact wouldn't handle it
2011 Ford Flex Limited EcoBoost
-2013+ PP SHO front brake conversion

SHOdded

ZSHO

I guess as many of you know already i'm very critical about maintening my car from A-Z .
I used some Pledge(yellow bottle)which brings out the shine and covers up any scratch marks.
I spray it on a microfiber cloth and gently apply and then use a second dry cloth to buff out the shine and bring back the luster.  Z  :)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pledge-Furniture-Spray-Lemon-Clean-9-7-OZ/20636270

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

Lookin' good Z!  I find Plexus to be slightly better, but at a much higher price.

Back in my motorcycling days there were always cans of pledge around at events/races.  It's a popular helmet cleaner as well.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

hawkeye93

Ruby got some new shoes.  Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+.

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

SHOdded

irondoor19

Blew a SS Brake Hose ( cracked, and weeping ) on the way to the 1/8 Mile Track,
FIG that out when I was at the Tree, brakes would not hold. that messed up the night
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,