• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: DSMtuned on September 24, 2017, 09:11:10 PM
Today I tore both turbos and exhaust manifolds off after I found one manifold had warped and began leaking.  I'm replacing both manifolds with CR Performance manifolds to hopefully prevent warpage in the future.  I sure hope it works, because this is a crap-ton of work.

Did you drop a portion of the subframe? I didn't know anyone made manifold upgrades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSMtuned

This is on an F150, so I did everything through the fenderwells.  CR Performance just released upgraded manifolds.  Their design looks less likely to warp as they are thicker and made from stronger steel.

http://crpengineering.com/cr-performance-engineering/f-150-ecoboost-3-5l-full-bore-performance-manifolds-now-in-stock/
2012 F-150 Ecoboost.  SCT Livewire TS+, 5 Star Tunes, Full Race catted downpipe, UPR catch can, Wagner Intercooler.  Uncorrected 6000' above sea level 294 WHP & 449WTQ, before the downpipe and the intercooler.

SHOdded

So it does away with the 2-layered structure of the manifold?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DSMtuned

Look at the photos in that link comparing these CRP manifolds vs stock.  The CRP's have more material and larger bosses, which should make them more resistant to warping. 

Apparently warping manifolds is a well documented problem in these trucks.
2012 F-150 Ecoboost.  SCT Livewire TS+, 5 Star Tunes, Full Race catted downpipe, UPR catch can, Wagner Intercooler.  Uncorrected 6000' above sea level 294 WHP & 449WTQ, before the downpipe and the intercooler.

DSMtuned

Attached is a photo of the damage.  I first found a sheared bolt when looking for the source of an exhaust leak noise.

SHOdded

I see, I did not scroll down far enough LOL.  So the exhaust manifolds on the F150 are solid.  Interesting.  Not so for the SHO, which makes it difficult to make an aftermarket unit.

Hope that ouchie on your thumb is better than it looks!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DSMtuned

Ah I'm with you now.

The Minion band-aids helped.  When it was wrapped in duct tape it was still bleeding.  :)

SHOdded

Primalzer

Flex is at the local Ford dealer getting rear lower control arm bushings (or just new control arms if they don't want to press in and out the bearings.) The squeaking was driving me insane.

Got a Curt hitch and 4-pin wiring harness sitting in the garage, and if I get my car back today,those will be going on. Got a 14' Jon boat to trailer around now. Plus I might use the trailer to haul around my kayaks, instead of trying to hoist them onto the roof racks.
2011 Ford Flex Limited EcoBoost
-2013+ PP SHO front brake conversion

92BlackGT

I got a new base E20 tune from Torrie. It seems his newer E tunes are performing better than last year's base tunes. I hope to get 1 datalog and revision done before I take Taury to the track on Friday. It's supposed to be beautiful weather... low 70s, high pressure, lowish dew point and a tail wind! Gotta beat my 12.91... i'm hoping for a 12.6 so I can gloat to my buddy that ran a supposed 12.6 in his bolt-on 2005 Mustang GT.

'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

Primalzer

Apparently I was mistaken, rear UPPER control arm on the driver's side will be replaced. Parts are not onsite, so I get the car back, and have to drop it off again tomorrow morning.

Macgyver

Quote from: Primalzer on September 26, 2017, 02:48:03 PM
Apparently I was mistaken, rear UPPER control arm on the driver's side will be replaced. Parts are not onsite, so I get the car back, and have to drop it off again tomorrow morning.

Warranty ?

Primalzer

Quote from: Macgyver on September 26, 2017, 05:47:07 PM
Quote from: Primalzer on September 26, 2017, 02:48:03 PM

Warranty ?

Yeah, Ford ESP

Primalzer

Quote from: Primalzer on September 26, 2017, 11:09:48 AMGot a Curt hitch and 4-pin wiring harness sitting in the garage, and if I get my car back today,those will be going on. Got a 14' Jon boat to trailer around now. Plus I might use the trailer to haul around my kayaks, instead of trying to hoist them onto the roof racks.

Didn't get the hitch on last night. The 4 rear-most exhaust hanger bolts, that you use to attach the hitch were seized in place. Hit them with the impact and a 1/2-breaker bar, to not avail. Car is back at Ford today getting the rear control arm replaced, asked them if they could try and loosen those bolts up while they are under there.

SHOdded

You put PB Blaster on 'em, left em for a few hours?  If they are painted over, you'd have to play scratch-off.