• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 01, 2017, 02:47:41 PM
Rain up and down the east coast as well.... thinking of joining up with another guy to hit up Boonsboro, MD for the Mason Dixon 1/4...

If Brads tune doesn't get me a 12.1 I will slander his name forever ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Looks Like Sunday is the day...
National Trails for Import Weekend,
AND Here we go if good weather....
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

boosted4SHO

Quote from: SHOdded on September 01, 2017, 09:34:17 AM
Subbed for results from the JLT!

Going to check it in 2k miles and see what's inside! Will follow up!
CW III
2011 non-PP SHO - tuxedo black
custom CAI w/Green Filter, SP534's @ .030, JLT catch can, switchback LED's, 20x8.5 +35 Ruff 959
in the works...

ZSHO

I picked up some rubber 1/2 inch insulation in Black to try and seal and lower the intake temps a bit.
FYI I purchased at Home Depot 1/2 inch × 6 ft for  $6.00.
I will post some pics after the install is complete . Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Linemonkey

Thursday, I discovered a gas station about 15 miles from me, that has E85. I've been plagued with KR for some time, so I was thrilled. A couple emails to Bradley and I'm about to go mix my first tank of E30! I'm taking a few 5 gal jerrycans to keep at the house, too. I can't wait to see what results we'll get

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

AJP turbo

Quote from: ZSHO on September 02, 2017, 02:01:12 PM
I picked up some rubber 1/2 inch insulation in Black to try and seal up the intake.
FYI I purchased it at Home Depot 1/2 inch × 6 ft for  $6.00.

Black snake moan? Good movie lol
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on September 02, 2017, 02:16:23 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on September 02, 2017, 02:01:12 PM
I picked up some rubber 1/2 inch insulation in Black to try and seal up the intake.
FYI I purchased it at Home Depot 1/2 inch × 6 ft for  $6.00.

Black snake moan? Good movie lol
True!! I wouldn't need to work. Z  :smiley-faces-75:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

Maybe not necessarily today, or even what I've done "TO" my SHO in the proper sense.....

However, given the amount of outdoor venues I've been showing the black/white 2010 SHO at, and none of them really offering electric hookups, I opted to purchase a handy 2000 watt power inverter generator recently FOR my SHO.

This thing fits the bill in so many ways. Compact. Portable. Relatively light weight for a generator. Loaded with all sorts of tech and info friendly features. I've been elated with it's performance thus far.

Always fun keeping the spectators entertained with the audio blasting away, video, and then all the LED lights to boot at these events.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Oh yea, I forgot.

I also performed a software and navigation update to the SHO.

Since mine is a 2010, there is no option for my model year, other than to perform these updates via CD. kind of time consuming to say the least.

1st disc, of 4, took 50min.
2nd disc, of 4, was NOT needed.
3rd disc, of 4, took almost 2hrs.
4th disc, of 4, took almost 1hr.

So needless to say, although not jealous of much, you owners that can simply plop in an SD Card and be done..... like lickety split, does induce some envy for sure.

Regardless, I am now updated to "10.0x".

SHOdded

Did you have the engine running during this update, or drive off of battery?  Folks, remember to check battery condition first, regardless of sync/navi/tune updates!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on September 03, 2017, 11:22:46 AM
Did you have the engine running during this update, or drive off of battery?  Folks, remember to check battery condition first, regardless of sync/navi/tune updates!
Good question to ask Manu!

The directions explicitly state to leave the engine running the ENTIRE duration.

I however, due to having BOTH a power converter, as well as a plug for same, was/am able to simply plug into any normal electrical outlet to keep the car powered, without having to run/idle the engine.

Thus also why I purchased that inverter/generator in my preceding post.

But excellent point to bring up.

SHOdded

Can you imagine?  Idling your car for FOUR hours?  So much for EPA compliance, LOL!

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on September 03, 2017, 12:05:42 PM
Can you imagine?  Idling your car for FOUR hours?  So much for EPA compliance, LOL!

I was pained by the hour it took my car to update using the SD card.  That was the longest I ever let a car idle.  Temps never looked bad and it wasn't a crazy hot day, but it was still painful.

Now that I know it takes that long, I will use my smart battery charger next time.  Just plug in, hook up, and let it go.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

The H&R Springs should be here Tomorrow,along with a set of MC front struts and figured let me kill two birds with one stone while in the process.lol.  Z

The Motorcraft front Struts can be found below for my 13 PP-SHO.  Z  :)

MOTORCRAFT AST12321 {#AST12256, DG1Z18124U} Front Left; w/ Black Calipers; w/o Painted Calipers

$54.79   
MOTORCRAFT AST12323 {#AST12257, DG1Z18124W} Front Right; w/ Black Calipers; w/o Painted Calipers

Grand Total $113.09 which includes shipping for the Struts.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,suspension,strut,7584

13+NON-PP SHO Front Struts Part numbers can be found below.

MOTORCRAFT AST12329 {#AST12250, DG1Z18124E, DG1Z18124Y}
Front Left; w/ Painted Calipers
$52.99

MOTORCRAFT AST12328 {#AST12251, DG1Z18124F, DG1Z18124X}
Front Right; w/ Painted Calipers
$54.89

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,suspension,strut,7584

StealBlueSho

Fantastic!! Gotta get all that power to the ground!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk