• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearlessAZ

I know better than that. I am going to try and look for it after work. If I cant find it, I will have to see if Mike carries it in stock and pick it up straight from him. Probably make a few calls to some of the dealerships and see how much they charge for it.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

Wardog692

Quote from: jonnoriega on August 13, 2017, 04:05:48 PM
So I shot this today for all of you wondering about the tone/sound difference with my Borla S-Type Cat-Exhaust several weeks later.

Facts:
- I've driven over 2K miles since the install 3 weeks ago.
- I recognize the control areas are different with one being in the complete outdoors and one in an open garage.
- Control areas are in a fairly quiet area.

I'll take another video another 3-4 weeks and another 2K - 3K later as well as a drive around inside the cabin and outside the cabin. 

I hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/e0BJNU0GYb0

This is probably the best sounding exhaust I've heard for this engine, but in my limited research, they don't make this system for the SHOs do they?
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

SHOdded

Quote from: FearlessAZ on August 14, 2017, 08:48:19 AM
I know better than that. I am going to try and look for it after work. If I cant find it, I will have to see if Mike carries it in stock and pick it up straight from him. Probably make a few calls to some of the dealerships and see how much they charge for it.
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2011,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1446498,fuel+&+air,manifold+pressure+(map)+sensor,11207

CX2231 = 3bar  CX2228 = 2 bar
Use the discount coupon specified here
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7188.0.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FearlessAZ

That is the cheapest option. I am hoping Mike keeps them in stock so I can just drive across town and pick one up. I would rather support local business. If he doesn't, I will overnight one from Rockauto. only about a $10 difference.

jonnoriega

Quote from: Wardog692 on August 14, 2017, 08:51:51 AM
Quote from: jonnoriega on August 13, 2017, 04:05:48 PM
So I shot this today for all of you wondering about the tone/sound difference with my Borla S-Type Cat-Exhaust several weeks later.

Facts:
- I've driven over 2K miles since the install 3 weeks ago.
- I recognize the control areas are different with one being in the complete outdoors and one in an open garage.
- Control areas are in a fairly quiet area.

I'll take another video another 3-4 weeks and another 2K - 3K later as well as a drive around inside the cabin and outside the cabin. 

I hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/e0BJNU0GYb0

This is probably the best sounding exhaust I've heard for this engine, but in my limited research, they don't make this system for the SHOs do they?

I'm not sure. I'll search and find out if I can for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 Explorer Platinum

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

Good news. Mike had some in stock and I will be picking one up later today.

lamrith

Quote from: FearlessAZ on August 14, 2017, 12:55:45 AM
Was getting everything together to put my intake and 3 bar back on and it seems one of my kids swiped the 3 bar off my desk some time in the last couple of days. Spent a couple hours looking for it but no luck. Gonna try looking again tomorrow. If I can't find it tomorrow, just going to have to buy a new one.
New 3 bar or new kid...?  Messing with Dad's car parts is ground for replacement....
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

FearlessAZ

Quote from: lamrith on August 14, 2017, 01:53:00 PM
Was getting everything together to put my intake and 3 bar back on and it seems one of my kids swiped the 3 bar off my desk some time in the last couple of days. Spent a couple hours looking for it but no luck. Gonna try looking again tomorrow. If I can't find it tomorrow, just going to have to buy a new one.
New 3 bar or new kid...?  Messing with Dad's car parts is ground for replacement....

BOTH! Jk....Or am I?

Already ordered the new 3bar. Will be picking it up later today.

With my luck, the old one will turn up in a couple of days.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

Quote from: FearlessAZ on August 14, 2017, 02:14:47 PM

BOTH! Jk....Or am I?

You did ask the wife if she knew were it was right?!?  RIGHT!!??

When I can't find something, before I buy new I ask her if she has seen it.  I $hit you not, every single time one of two things happens.  She says yes I was cleaning and put it with your other junk.  Or as is case 90% of the time it magically appears exactly where I just looked for it 5x.  It will literally appear on it's own right in front of me.  Just have to swallow my pride and ask and it will appear without her having to even respond most of the time.   :bangin:
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: lamrith on August 14, 2017, 03:40:18 PM

BOTH! Jk....Or am I?

When I can't find something, before I buy new I ask her if she has seen it.  I $hit you not, every single time one of two things happens.  She says yes I was cleaning and put it with your other junk.  Or as is case 90% of the time it magically appears exactly where I just looked for it 5x.  It will literally appear on it's own right in front of me.  Just have to swallow my pride and ask and it will appear without her having to even respond most of the time.   :bangin:

I cannot help myself....

https://youtu.be/O1_QTm-wpsY

lamrith

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 14, 2017, 03:42:24 PM

BOTH! Jk....Or am I?

I cannot help myself....

Whoa.  Going that far would get me killed.  The twisted part would be that she would throw my body, tools and couple bags of cement in the trunk of the SHO to take me in the woods and bury me and still have room for her luggage to leave the country.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: lamrith on August 14, 2017, 03:49:11 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 14, 2017, 03:42:24 PM

BOTH! Jk....Or am I?

I cannot help myself....

Whoa.  Going that far would get me killed.  The twisted part would be that she would throw my body, tools and couple bags of cement in the trunk of the SHO to take me in the woods and bury me and still have room for her luggage to leave the country.

See, I keep all my car parts and tool receipts in a little box that is hidden away. I have directions on where to find it in case of my untimely death... I figured she would be so pissed when she found out how much my hobby costs she won't be sad to seen me go.

FearlessAZ

BOTH! Jk....Or am I?

I ALWAYS ask her first. She has a terrible habit of doing the same thing. I am the type of person that always puts things in the same place over and over because it makes things that much easier to remember. I very rarely lose anything. And if I do, it is because someone else moves it or forgets to put it back. That stuff drives me crazy.