• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearlessAZ

My bad. 2010 Model year. meant DEC 2009 build. I was trying to find out online if there was a way to look it up without seeing that sticker. Not really sure until I get home and check out that sticker. Never gave much thought to it. VIN is 1FAHP2KT3AG107060. I think that puts mine right around yours.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 13, 2017, 11:56:55 AM
Quote from: FearlessAZ on August 13, 2017, 11:54:28 AM
So we made the same jump. That was what I was running until in got updated a few days ago. Dealership didn't mention anything weird about it. I just mentioned to them that I figured it was the same one from the factory considering my SYNC was still on the update from the factory.

Very interesting! Then unless there is something else I am missing we should be dealing with the same weird crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.etis.ford.com/home/login.do .Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

Thanks Z.

Had the wife take a picture for me since I am a sucker for curiosity. Mine is 08/09 as well.

Pretty sure ours are both job 1 builds.

StealBlueSho

Well hot damn...

ZSHO

That's what I thought. !!  :hmmm:
I think Jason might have some insight on a probable fix. Z

http://www.fordpimods.com/

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

I think he only does 2013+ MYs?

FearlessAZ

Quote from: ZSHO on August 13, 2017, 02:10:37 PM

Sorry to sound ignorant but what could Jason do? I checked out the website and couldn't find anything related to it.

I know that sounded bad but I sat here for a good 10 minutes trying to find another way to ask withing sounding like a complete jerk.

And SBS, I thought that too. Couldn't find anything that alludes to 2010-2012. I swear that that website was different though. At least it looks different now.

StealBlueSho

IIRC Jason has successfully at one point converted the non-pp to a pp at least from an ECU perspective? And this was on the older 2010-2012 models... I believe someone posted within the past 6 months after they contacted him and reported he no longer works on the 2010-2012 MY cars...

jonnoriega

So I shot this today for all of you wondering about the tone/sound difference with my Borla S-Type Cat-Exhaust several weeks later.

Facts:
- I've driven over 2K miles since the install 3 weeks ago.
- I recognize the control areas are different with one being in the complete outdoors and one in an open garage.
- Control areas are in a fairly quiet area.

I'll take another video another 3-4 weeks and another 2K - 3K later as well as a drive around inside the cabin and outside the cabin. 

I hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/e0BJNU0GYb0
2016 Explorer Platinum

ZSHO

Quote from: FearlessAZ on August 13, 2017, 03:44:06 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on August 13, 2017, 02:10:37 PM

Sorry to sound ignorant but what could Jason do? I checked out the website and couldn't find anything related to it.

I know that sounded bad but I sat here for a good 10 minutes trying to find another way to ask withing sounding like a complete jerk.

And SBS, I thought that too. Couldn't find anything that alludes to 2010-2012. I swear that that website was different though. At least it looks different now.
@- FearlessAZ its all Good and your not being ignorant one bit.
FWIW maybe he can give you some advice on which approach to take if any.  Z  :)
It sometimes doesn't hurt to ask!

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: FearlessAZ on August 13, 2017, 12:51:22 PM
Thanks Z.

Had the wife take a picture for me since I am a sucker for curiosity. Mine is 08/09 as well.

I've always been curious if there's any numerical order or logic to the way ford names the strategies.  Would be cool to see a progression chart of the evolving strategy codes.
FWIW my 2011 has a build date of 05/10 and strategy DMJK6A2
Wonder if most of the 10-12's start with DMJK or what
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on August 13, 2017, 10:08:38 PM
Quote from: FearlessAZ on August 13, 2017, 12:51:22 PM
Thanks Z.

I've always been curious if there's any numerical order or logic to the way ford names the strategies.  Would be cool to see a progression chart of the evolving strategy codes.
FWIW my 2011 has a build date of 05/10 and strategy DMJK6A2
Wonder if most of the 10-12's start with DMJK or what

If you look at the available strategies in SCT I would say the educated guess is yes.

FearlessAZ

Was getting everything together to put my intake and 3 bar back on and it seems one of my kids swiped the 3 bar off my desk some time in the last couple of days. Spent a couple hours looking for it but no luck. Gonna try looking again tomorrow. If I can't find it tomorrow, just going to have to buy a new one.

SHOwoosh

Quote from: FearlessAZ on August 14, 2017, 12:55:45 AM
Was getting everything together to put my intake and 3 bar back on and it seems one of my kids swiped the 3 bar off my desk some time in the last couple of days. Spent a couple hours looking for it but no luck. Gonna try looking again tomorrow. If I can't find it tomorrow, just going to have to buy a new one.

If I remember correctly Brad mentioned that the map sensor before the throttle body is a 3bar. might just try swapping them and see if that works.
2011 SHO PP fully loaded.

Uleashed 93 3bar. Stock everything else. Best run 12.88

Now AJP 3bar still all stock otherwise. Times to come

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOwoosh on August 14, 2017, 03:31:28 AM
Quote from: FearlessAZ on August 14, 2017, 12:55:45 AM

If I remember correctly Brad mentioned that the map sensor before the throttle body is a 3bar. might just try swapping them and see if that works.
Do not swap/touch that 3-bar sensor pre-T/B!!! your car will barely run and feel like it's running out of gas. Z