• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

New windshield..... again.... 4th windshield since I have owned this bull...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linemonkey

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 31, 2017, 08:41:13 PM
New windshield..... again.... 4th windshield since I have owned this bull...

The windshields can't handle the g- forces produced by that beast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

StealBlueSho

Ha! I wish... more like 3 aftermarket Chinese made crap windshields that were defective...

I have had a broken windshield for awhile... almost a year... got tired of replacing em.. this last one cracked on the inside... go figure...

OEM this time..

boosted4SHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 31, 2017, 08:20:52 PM
Looks GOOD!  What wheels did u go with?

Thanks! They are Ruff Racing 959's. Discontinued. Caught a great deal on Craig's List!
CW III
2011 non-PP SHO - tuxedo black
custom CAI w/Green Filter, SP534's @ .030, JLT catch can, switchback LED's, 20x8.5 +35 Ruff 959
in the works...

irondoor19

Loaded the ATP Rev 4 Tune Today, a Few Freeway Blasts,
and we will be doing 1/8 Mile on Friday, Yea I am Nervous..
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

3rd 5 gal pale of meth nestled safely in the garage.. new windshield... also noticed that I have small surface cracks in my rotors.... wtf...

SHOdded

Already?  I guess u use the brakes even more aggressively than I do, LOL.  Need to inspect mine again anyway.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on August 01, 2017, 03:24:52 PM
Already?  I guess u use the brakes even more aggressively than I do, LOL.  Need to inspect mine again anyway.

Powerstop drilled/slotted... thus far I have not been impressed. Being as I purchased the vehicle with them already installed I have nothing to compare it to.

SHOdded

I feel they are good "show" brakes, and good DD brakes, but not for repeated hard stops or for frequent brake usage.  Best to stick with plain (or slotted at most) for high performance.  OEM rotors + police pads if available etc.

lamrith

Quote from: SHOdded on August 01, 2017, 05:08:54 PM
I feel they are good "show" brakes, and good DD brakes, but not for repeated hard stops or for frequent brake usage.  Best to stick with plain (or slotted at most) for high performance.  OEM rotors + police pads if available etc.
Just curious would you recommend that for PP cars as well?  I keep getting mixed up on if PP and PI are same or not for 2013+?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

The listings are confused even at fordparts.com, so you and I are about in the same boat.  "Package 1" has referred to the Perf Pkg in the past and I assume it continues to do so.  BUT I do see a listing for
2001 (BRSD-1611-A)
Brake Shoe or Disc Pad
Police Version SHO ; SHO Package 1; Severe Duty Pads (Front)
$72.69   $72.69

And that is what I would go with if buying OEM pads for best performance.

They do have a "standard" version also, not what I would use if upgrading.
2001 (BR-1611)
Brake Shoe or Disc Pad
Police Version SHO ; SHO Package 1; Standard Duty Pads (Front)
$87.53   $87.53

sholxgt

So many of the brake parts are interchangeable it's hard to keep track.  I went with the Police spec Raybestos solid rotors after warping the stock ones.  Ordered them as though I have a Police Interceptor if memory serves correct.

I don't think there's any stopping power benefit, but I can tell you they were a few pounds heavier than the factory rotors and look beefy. 

Paired them with PP factory calipers, Raybestos Police spec pads and ATE Super fluid. 

Overall, the brakes are still pretty poor.  I think the stability control system just works them too hard during aggressive cornering which gets them near overheating before I actually need them.  The fade and sounds they make are not confident inspiring when coming down the back side of the mountains around my house.

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

I would go with the OEM Motorcraft brakes which are backed up by a two year unlimited miles warranty,along with a brake system flush.  Z
There are sometimes dealer specials .

http://www.fordparts.com/FileUploads/CMSFiles/Service%20parts%20warranty%20summary_update_3.pdf

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|