• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortech347

Quote from: lamrith on July 11, 2017, 11:56:53 AM
Quote from: Vortech347 on July 11, 2017, 01:10:28 AM
Quote from: bamsho on July 09, 2017, 09:35:23 PM
Quote from: Vortech347 on July 09, 2017, 04:18:36 PM
Found a decent deal for the Dynomax axleback set.  Decided to pull the trigger on it.   One side was 90$ the other 130$.   Hopefully it will give the SHO just a little more sound without any excessive drone.  I'm coming up on my second year owning the car and it's just too damn quiet exhaust wise.

Hope they hold up for you.  The tips started to rust in about a week for me, and this past April,  the packing blew out of the driver's side muffler.  Now the car sounds like crap when I get on it.  Good luck.

I've heard a few people have this issue.  I've had Ultra-flo's on a 575rwhp fox that is open tracked and I've never blown them out.  They've been on there almost 10 years now.  So I figure with my past experience I'll give them a shot.  The price is also damn cheap.  I love that I can easily put the stock ones back on with just a butt clamp if I don't like them.  I would have honestly rather put magnaflows (Love how they sound on my Cobra) on but they don't make an all in one that'll slip on as easy.

I watched SHOMAN's videos and they are actually what convinced me.   Just enough.  I'm sick of driving this car with how it sounds the same at 1500rpm, 4000rpm, and 6000rpm.  It has no damn soul.
I have the Dynomax Axlebacks on my SHO along with PPE Catted DP, car sounds great now.  Nice growl without rattling/resonating when you get fiesty.  I had Magnaflows on my STSV before and it sounded great, though it droned a good bit.  Gets old on long rides.

The Dynomax Axleback is super easy to install too.

I'm glad to hear this.  Sounds like I'll get exactly what I'm looking for with these.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

lamrith

Quote from: Vortech347 on July 11, 2017, 01:24:14 PM
Found a decent deal for the Dynomax axleback set.  Decided to pull the trigger on it.   One side was 90$ the other 130$.   Hopefully it will give the SHO just a little more sound without any excessive drone.  I'm coming up on my second year owning the car and it's just too damn quiet exhaust wise.

Hope they hold up for you.  The tips started to rust in about a week for me, and this past April,  the packing blew out of the driver's side muffler.  Now the car sounds like crap when I get on it.  Good luck.

I've heard a few people have this issue.  I've had Ultra-flo's on a 575rwhp fox that is open tracked and I've never blown them out.  They've been on there almost 10 years now.  So I figure with my past experience I'll give them a shot.  The price is also damn cheap.  I love that I can easily put the stock ones back on with just a butt clamp if I don't like them.  I would have honestly rather put magnaflows (Love how they sound on my Cobra) on but they don't make an all in one that'll slip on as easy.

I watched SHOMAN's videos and they are actually what convinced me.   Just enough.  I'm sick of driving this car with how it sounds the same at 1500rpm, 4000rpm, and 6000rpm.  It has no damn soul.
I have the Dynomax Axlebacks on my SHO along with PPE Catted DP, car sounds great now.  Nice growl without rattling/resonating when you get fiesty.  I had Magnaflows on my STSV before and it sounded great, though it droned a good bit.  Gets old on long rides.

I'm glad to hear this.  Sounds like I'll get exactly what I'm looking for with these.
It's not going to compare with a V8 growl/bark, specially not that Fox you have, but it is there.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

Vortech347

Quote from: lamrith on July 11, 2017, 01:33:01 PM
Quote from: Vortech347 on July 11, 2017, 01:24:14 PM

It's not going to compare with a V8 growl/bark, specially not that Fox you have, but it is there.

Oh yea, I don't want it stupid loud.  I have two stupid loud stangs to drive when I feel like being noticed.
Matt H.
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

BoostedSho2010

So here we go got the z23 carbon fiber ceramic pad. So far they feel much better offer the awful ebc red stuff. Box was nice and had break in instructions, rattle clips and boots. So much better ebc came with nothing. Turned the rotors and got the pads installed. got them painted up and broke in they feel better  and much more quiet also. I'll let you all know how they are as I get more miles o. Them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irondoor19

Back to the Dealer AGAIN, with both cars to do the ECU Swap and Flash,

Got the Master Tech this time (who is ex military) and he liked us today. (230.00 for both)

Looks like the 2011 is where it should be MPH versus Speedo now, and the 2011 has 2000 Miles
NOW.  looks like it is time to start tuning..... >:D
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

jonnoriega

So this is about to happen. Going to compliment the Livernois Level 2 Performance Package and 3 Bar Map Sensor already installed. I feel like a little boy on Christmas morning. Expecting it delivery this Friday.

2016 Explorer Platinum

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 08, 2017, 03:13:46 PM
Seems like LMS has let the 2010-2012s go to the way side a bit....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

92BlackGT

I activated a free 2 month trial of SiriusXM i got for taking my car to the dealer for the fuel pump module recall. free dealer work and i get free music/travel link just in time for a 1000 mile trek to Phoenix... perfect!
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

Macgyver

I used to do Sirius. I find that loading music on a thumb drive. The SHO has two USBs. Put it on random. Works awesome as your own Sirius. But hey. Free is Free. There are some good stations.

StealBlueSho

Oil change at 1800 miles... looks like crap.... no metal flakes... that's good news...

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 15, 2017, 10:57:04 AM
Oil change at 1800 miles... looks like crap.... no metal flakes... that's good news...

I usually put some cheap synthetic oil annually and drive it for roughly 500 - miles in order to flush out any left over crap buildup for a piece of mind and then add the good quality stuff like Redline,Amsoil. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Vortech347

Dynomax axle back installed took about 10 minutes using the correct pipe cutter. (Why people use cut off wheels and saws I have no fricken idea.)  Idle-3500 fantastic improvement.  3000+ car doesn't sound any different. (Kinda sad about that)  With a PP the small amount of drone that is now present is between 70-80mph.  It's pretty insignificant and won't hurt the car's primary use as a daily/Realtor cruiser.  Also, likely a 10lb weight reduction too.

I'm digging it though.  Like most mufflers I'm sure after a few hundred miles they'll break in and wake up a little bit.  I wish the exhaust tips weren't the size of a power strokes.  I think the stock ones were perfect.  These things are huge.
Matt H.
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

ZSHO

Quote from: jonnoriega on July 13, 2017, 02:25:12 PM

So this is about to happen. Going to compliment the Livernois Level 2 Performance Package and 3 Bar Map Sensor already installed. I feel like a little boy on Christmas morning. Expecting it delivery this Friday.

Nice!  Definitely looking forward to some pics or better yet a video is a must. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jonnoriega

Quote from: ZSHO on July 15, 2017, 01:00:40 PM

Nice!  Definitely looking forward to some pics or better yet a video is a must. Z  :)

Definitely, ZSHO. I bought a GoPro just for the occasion as well. LOL!

2016 Explorer Platinum

ZSHO

Quote from: jonnoriega on July 15, 2017, 01:02:15 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on July 15, 2017, 01:00:40 PM

Definitely, ZSHO. I bought a GoPro just for the occasion as well. LOL!

That's funny cause been looking to purchase one.
Do you happen to recommend a Go-pro? Which one did you go with? Thanks .Z