• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I finally had a chance to install my new NCP oil Based Battery Corrosion Terminal Protectors .
I removed the ground/negative cable first to notably clean the terminals with some battery terminal cleaner and added a tab of dielectric grease around the terminals.
I then removed the positive terminal and repeated the above steps and lastly installed the positive terminal first and the ground terminal for last. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

That clean look!  Love it!  I think it is time to do the ones on my Edge.  Too much dirt & grime collected on them now, making the Optima Red look BAD (no, not in a good way).
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on June 21, 2017, 02:55:34 PM
That clean look!  Love it!  I think it is time to do the ones on my Edge.  Too much dirt & grime collected on them now, making the Optima Red look BAD (no, not in a good way).
I have an extra set in my Shed!! I can certainly give you a hand and we can knock it out one day. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Wardog692

Quote from: ZSHO on June 21, 2017, 02:01:12 PM
I finally had a chance to install my new NCP oil Based Battery Corrosion Terminal Protectors .
I removed the ground/negative cable first to notably clean the terminals with some battery terminal cleaner and added a tab of dielectric grease around the terminals.
I then removed the positive terminal and repeated the above steps and lastly installed the positive terminal first and the ground terminal for last. Z

I'm not exactly electrically inclined, so what is the purpose of these? Just to prevent the white buildup on the terminals?

On a related note, I have a billet EcoBeast tie down bar, and the back of that seems to corrode as well as it's in contact with the battery. My previous solution was to cut a piece of cardboard to size and put that between the battery and the bar. Anyone have a better solution?
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

SHOdded

Clearcoating may work, but not sure.  Maybe a couple of these felt washers cut to size and applied where it is bolted down?  Wouldn't be visible from up top.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

@Wardog692 -How old is your Battery?  Do you have any pics to share?  Z
Its to prevent corrosion on the terminals.

Wardog692

Quote from: ZSHO on June 21, 2017, 03:59:28 PM
@Wardog692 -How old is your Battery? Do you have any pics to share? Z

Unfortunately I don't, and I just replaced my battery on Monday, so it hasn't developed on this new battery just yet. When I originally noticed it, it was mainly corrosion on the tie down bar itself, and not on the battery FWIW.
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

Gjkrisa

Got my sho Weigh the other day with a few things still inside full tank

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

StealBlueSho

SHOdded

So you could easily cut it down a 100 lbs by running only about 3 gallons in the tank.  Don't forget all that salmon in the icebox either :P

92BlackGT

I'm taking my car in today to get the fuel pump module recall done. I returned to stock 2 days ago and, wow she is a turd. i can't believe how different she feels, the shifting is so soft and takes so long to get into the next gear. it'll be nice to put the tune back on and feel the added power again.
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SHOdded

irondoor19

We did the 1/4" -18" Drain Plug Upgrade on the PTU just now, best done with a Lift,

Much easier the 2ND time around, Full blown "How To" for the forum on Monday ;D
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: irondoor19 on June 23, 2017, 03:01:59 PM
We did the 1/4" -18" Drain Plug Upgrade on the PTU just now, best done with a Lift,

Much easier the 2ND time around, Full blown "How To" for the forum on Monday ;D
I'm going to do mine soon as start installing this meth kit. I'm going to use the same 1/8 27npt plug that we have in the trans drain. (I also drilled and tapped the rdu with it as well). Removing the cover requires dropping the exhaust. The cover is also pretty tight between the subframe. Its all a bit of a pain, and I never wanted to do that again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TheBadger

Noisemaker delete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk