• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Is it just me or do these engines really run well on meth injection?? Super smooth....

irondoor19

Off the Lift, and Finally Outside (Been a long time in the Dark)
Quick wash and interior Clean Prior to the Trip to the Dealer.
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

firewater88

Changed the rear diff fluid with 90k on the clock. Old fluid was dark, but still fluid. Went with Amsoil 75w-90 fluid. It was a bear to get to the plug, especially putting it back in. There was an unused, welded in exhaust hanger right behind the diff. Dumb engineers....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

StealBlueSho

So.. LMS sent me a mild alky tune the other night... after reporting back they provided me an updated Alky Tune today... the difference is pretty good! Datalogs looks clean... sent an email back reporting as much... and of course.. asking if there is any more dialing up they can do...

I get the feeling that they run conservative on their remote meth tunes....we will see what they respond with...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Quote from: irondoor19 on May 26, 2017, 12:25:13 PM
Off the Lift, and Finally Outside (Been a long time in the Dark)
Quick wash and interior Clean Prior to the Trip to the Dealer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

May-Meth -Mania is taking over. Z LOL   :D

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on May 27, 2017, 01:43:34 PM
May-Meth -Mania is taking over. Z  :D

..... I don't think you have enough......

FearlessAZ

2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

StealBlueSho

Preliminary 0-60 with the latest Alky tune from LMS netted me a 4.1...  in unfavorable conditions... full tank of gas, high temps, etc...

For example I was able to hit that without the Alky however it was in perfect conditions in colder weather...

Liking the improvement... thinking I can get into the 3's with better conditions...

0-80s is over a second faster... the Alky tune from LMS I received really cut back on the throttle control...

I'm impressed.... the boost/load/spark isn't different from the standard 4+x so I was very skeptical on increased performance... but the times don't lie..

SHOdded

Great news, hope for more :D  Should be inspired by a bunch of LME folks who have punched into the 3's WITHOUT meth:  brucelinc, tss, BiGMaC.  Your SHO is an "oddity", its' best stretch is yet to come.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 29, 2017, 09:20:13 PM
Great news, hope for more :D  Should be inspired by a bunch of LME folks who have punched into the 3's WITHOUT meth:  brucelinc, tss, BiGMaC.  Your SHO is an "oddity", it's best stretch is yet to come.

We will see... lol... from the data logs the real increase is not the first two gear but more the long third gear sweep...

Might call LMS tomorrow to see about an official dyno tune....

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 29, 2017, 09:26:37 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on May 29, 2017, 09:20:13 PM
Great news, hope for more :D  Should be inspired by a bunch of LME folks who have punched into the 3's WITHOUT meth:  brucelinc, tss, BiGMaC.  Your SHO is an "oddity", it's best stretch is yet to come.

We will see... lol... from the data logs the real increase is not the first two gear but more the long third gear sweep...

Might call LMS tomorrow to see about an official dyno tune....
I would say a Dyno-Tune is definitely warranted IMO but you may need to plan accordingly as it is very limited due to it being busy and all. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

polskifacet

Dropped off my front bumper to get painted. Will post results when I get it back.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs