• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

Last look at the Bad Cylinder and Piston,
Brought back to the ford dealer for the Core.....
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Lexingtonian

Quote from: irondoor19 on May 24, 2017, 02:39:03 PM

Oh Crap! How that happen? 
2016 Explorer Sport Metallic
93 Octane AJP Tune (SCT X4)
3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030

Lexingtonian

Added a 3bar MAP and my very first AJP Tune for 93 Octane..

:)
2016 Explorer Sport Metallic
93 Octane AJP Tune (SCT X4)
3Bar MAP
Plugs at .030

TopherSho

Quote from: Lexingtonian on May 24, 2017, 05:46:20 PM
Quote from: irondoor19 on May 24, 2017, 02:39:03 PM

Oh Crap! How that happen?

Root cause = heat.   Heat makes the piston rings expand, which is normal *until* they close thier gap all the way, after that the piston ring ends overlap .. the cylinder block and liner is stronger than the piston walls so the force of the overlapping rings is then directed onto the position  wall, that cracks a chunk off the piston and proceeds to grenade.   THIS example is weird in that no NOS was involved and the damage is quite minor.. (this is super common on non-preped engines running to much NOS, or not cooling enough), .  But in my head this is totally rings overlapping and bending the piston crown upward and fracturing stuff.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

hawkeye93

Got my ethanol tester yesterday, so I tested the local E85 supply.  Measured out at approximately E72.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: hawkeye93 on May 25, 2017, 09:40:35 AM
Got my ethanol tester yesterday, so I tested the local E85 supply.  Measured out at approximately E72.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

That is significantly lower than E85......

hawkeye93

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 25, 2017, 09:41:41 AM

Yes, pump E85 can be anywhere from E51-E83.

https://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_e85.html
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: hawkeye93 on May 25, 2017, 09:43:40 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 25, 2017, 09:41:41 AM

Yes, pump E85 can be anywhere from E51-E83.

Wow... I was under the impression that they were at this point quality controlled.... lol

FearlessAZ

Negative. It can say E85 but it has to be at least E51 or similar depending on the state. Arizona recently put out that all E85 pumps are now E55. But they are still labeled as E85 and will continue to do so. That is why it is necessary for the testing kit because the E% varies all the time.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

StealBlueSho

Completely finished with Alky Kit Installation... tune(working on it..) and all....

Thanks to BPD1151 for the Alky How To installation guide, lots of good information.. such as which wire to tap for the MAP sensor and which fuse to piggy back off of on the fuse box.

Couple things to note...

1: The instructions recommend loctite for the nozzle fittings... I would recommend white plumbers tape.. the loctite leaked...

2: If you plan on using the supplied tanks for the windshield washer reservoir, make sure you cut the hole for the pump perfectly round.. or as close as you can get... mine leaked cause I screwed it up...

3: Going through the firewall, BPD's directions are pretty solid, but make sure you use at least a 1/2in drill bit, and make sure you go straight and as close as you can to the blue tab in his picture.

4: When testing the alky, it might take a bit longer than you would think for all the air to get out of the system and the ready light to go green..

5: If you buy a 5 gallon can of VP-M1, unless you are going to transfer it to a different contain... get some kind of pump to get it out with... crap goes everywhere even if you are a brain surgeon...

Initial datalogging is showing a significant decrease in IAT's.. over 30F drop... Current "Meth" tune from LMS has no added spark or boost, I have an email out to verify if that is correct. Car runs like champ though.

ZSHO

Congrat's there SBS!! Now Time to update your signature. Z  :thumb: :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 25, 2017, 10:58:07 AM
Completely finished with Alky Kit Installation... tune(working on it..) and all....

Thanks to BPD1151 for the Alky How To installation guide, lots of good information.. such as which wire to tap for the MAP sensor and which fuse to piggy back off of on the fuse box.

Couple things to note...

1: The instructions recommend loctite for the nozzle fittings... I would recommend white plumbers tape.. the loctite leaked...

2: If you plan on using the supplied tanks for the windshield washer reservoir, make sure you cut the hole for the pump perfectly round.. or as close as you can get... mine leaked cause I screwed it up...

3: Going through the firewall, BPD's directions are pretty solid, but make sure you use at least a 1/2in drill bit, and make sure you go straight and as close as you can to the blue tab in his picture.

4: When testing the alky, it might take a bit longer than you would think for all the air to get out of the system and the ready light to go green..

5: If you buy a 5 gallon can of VP-M1, unless you are going to transfer it to a different contain... get some kind of pump to get it out with... crap goes everywhere even if you are a brain surgeon...

Initial datalogging is showing a significant decrease in IAT's.. over 30F drop... Current "Meth" tune from LMS has no added spark or boost, I have an email out to verify if that is correct. Car runs like champ though.

That 30 degrees got my attention. Hoping to do this next year. Can't wait!

Happy everything worked out, Steal!
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FearlessAZ on May 25, 2017, 11:53:24 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 25, 2017, 10:58:07 AM

Couple things to note...

That 30 degrees got my attention. Hoping to do this next year. Can't wait!

Happy everything worked out, Steal!

Thanks!! Install was fairly easy... only complications was a leaky nozzle due to incorrect sealer and a miscommunication on the tune. Time will tell if it was worth the money....

irondoor19

Done W the Engine Install, hood still off,
in case problems with the ECU...
Tow to the Stealer Dealer on Tuesday,
for a Flash, Battery and first time Start....

2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,