• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: jonnoriega on May 07, 2017, 01:02:37 PM
UPDATE:

Shot a video and posted it on YouTube.  I feel like a pro now :P
Here's my Livernois downpipe with OEM muffler.  Sound is a little noticeable at start up with a low-tone rumbling but when you drive it, it remains quiet as it was with stock.  You do notice it the downpipes when you punch the gas pedal.  I'll try to post video of that a later date.

ftp://http://youtu.be/jEJKDXwvjgs
Nice. Z  :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

irondoor19

Quote from: TopherSho on May 06, 2017, 02:11:25 PM
Quote from: irondoor19 on May 06, 2017, 10:02:14 AM
Yea:

We think Rings too, Turbos Went at the Same Time Tho,

So a bunch of Crazy Stuff at the same time.. TOO MUCH Boost

hmmm .. what kind of damage was done to the turbos?   they are upstream... other than a backfire with enough force to offset the incoming stream of air they should survive the rings closing/collapsing then the piston cracking and then exploding upward and inwward.  all the damage should be central to the combustion chamber, heads, connecting rods and inner block.  chunks noramlly would not make it back out past all intake bends..

Never Took Pics of the Old turbo's : Front Turbo had Chunks out of the Cold Side Impeller
Seals were Gone, Shaft was Way Loose, Back Turbo Seals Were Gone, Shaft way loose.
No Data log at the time of the Engine Pop. Quarter Mile Run on My Fav Stretch. Last year
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

TopherSho

Quote from: irondoor19 on May 08, 2017, 12:54:55 PM
Quote from: TopherSho on May 06, 2017, 02:11:25 PM
Quote from: irondoor19 on May 06, 2017, 10:02:14 AM
Yea:

We think Rings too, Turbos Went at the Same Time Tho,

So a bunch of Crazy Stuff at the same time.. TOO MUCH Boost

hmmm .. what kind of damage was done to the turbos?   they are upstream... other than a backfire with enough force to offset the incoming stream of air they should survive the rings closing/collapsing then the piston cracking and then exploding upward and inwward.  all the damage should be central to the combustion chamber, heads, connecting rods and inner block.  chunks noramlly would not make it back out past all intake bends..

Never Took Pics of the Old turbo's : Front Turbo had Chunks out of the Cold Side Impeller
Seals were Gone, Shaft was Way Loose, Back Turbo Seals Were Gone, Shaft way loose.
No Data log at the time of the Engine Pop. Quarter Mile Run on My Fav Stretch. Last year

*that is impressive* ... wow ...
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

MiWiAu

Assembled and test fit an aluminum motorcycle hauler. It looks super wide in the photo, but it's actually the same width as the vehicle. I'm in the market for a dirt bike and wanted to be prepared for the deal of a lifetime. Added some reflective tape for good measure. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

jonnoriega

Quote from: MiWiAu on May 11, 2017, 09:51:27 PM
Assembled and test fit an aluminum motorcycle hauler. It looks super wide in the photo, but it's actually the same width as the vehicle. I'm in the market for a dirt bike and wanted to be prepared for the deal of a lifetime. Added some reflective tape for good measure. :)

Very nice!
2016 Explorer Platinum

92BlackGT

my car was overdue for a wash as she sits outside during the winter as the wife's car gets the open garage spot. she was really dirty

the summer time, I get the garage spot so i spent 4 hours washing, claying and waxing her up. i got her all blingy

as i was sleeping, my wife pulls my car out of the garage to drink and smoke with the neighbors and a t-storm rolls through :axe: at least the water rolled right off the car

'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SHOdded

SHO gets no respect, i tell ya, no respect, LOL!   Great work on shining it up :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

hawkeye93

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 12, 2017, 09:08:20 AM
Time get a 10x10 pop up for the wife...

Guess I'm a softy.  I let mine live in the house with me.

(actually, it's the other way around)
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

wraitherx

Cleaned the suede on the steering wheel and seats. The steering wheel started to look matted down so it was bothering me. A little dawn and hot water and a couple of clean microfiber towels brought it back to looking plush again.

2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

wraitherx

Pictures. I'll probably hit it one more time after it dries up. The first is before and the second is after.

2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

wraitherx

Final look

2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

FearlessAZ

2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I changed my plugs today at roughly 12k and definitely think its warranted especially running a tune.  Z 
MOTORCRAFT SP534   6.55 ea.They were pre-gapped at 0.030.from www.rockauto.com
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4258743&cc=1503823&jnid=422&jpid=5

How to Use Your 5% Discount Code
[6183778055437920]

Enter the code above in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" space on the checkout page (above your payment information). Do not enter any other text in that space or the discount will not apply.

This discount code expires on July 2, 2017.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|