• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linemonkey

The Map sensor doesn't add power, itself, but allows a tune with more boost, basically. Not absolutely necessary, but Livernois requires it. You'll be happy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP Tuxedo Black
3 bar
160 T-STAT
Catless DPs
Tune by AJP

SHOdded

Milder tunes do not need a 3bar MAP.  Hotter tunes do, because boost is turned up, and the 3bar allows for boost measurement up to 29.4 psi vs 14.7 for the stock 2bar.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jonnoriega

Quote from: SHOdded on April 27, 2017, 07:20:40 PM
Milder tunes do not need a 3bar MAP.  Hotter tunes do, because boost is turned up, and the 3bar allows for boost measurement up to 29.4 psi vs 14.7 for the stock 2bar.

Sounds technical. Works for me :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 Explorer Platinum

jonnoriega

Quote from: jonnoriega on April 27, 2017, 06:47:47 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on April 27, 2017, 06:45:22 PM
The livernois tune will NOT be a placebo effect they will change boost and torque and spark targets

Nice!!!  That's why I love the forums. You learn something new everyday. I'm uploading the software as we speak and going to "tune" my car up soon!

I've also got a 3 Bar Map Sensor. That should help the performance out quite a bit right?  Sorry for the dumb questions. The only thing I'm good for is filling up the gas tank and washer fluid in my car. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE:
Okay here goes... Got the tune from Livernois today. It took them 24 hours to get it back to me. I followed their instructions and uploaded a 93 Performance 3Bar tune.

Uploading was a success and I took it out for a spin around the block but it was so choppy and took a while to get any response from the engine that I thought that I had made a huge mistake. I was about a mile out and I forgot to install the 3 Bar Map Sensor on it! AMATEUR!!!

After carefully driving home, letting the engine cool down and scrambling for the right tools, I actually installed the sensor myself!!! (applause). I took it out for another spin up and down the street and then opened it up on the highway and base on an amateur review of my Explorer; HOLY s*** IT'S FAST!!! Going from 40mph on the on ramp and punching it up to 85mph was so damned quick that when I finally looked down at my odometer, I was doing 105mph!!!

I took it out for about 30 miles. I kept it at speed limit (55mph - 60mph in IL) and would punch it every now and then to be an ass and race cars that were zipping along at 75mph - 85mph in the fast lane. A Dodge Durango with pretty wheels actually challenged me and the only thing he was looking at was my tail lights for about 5 miles. Adrenaline running, I had to pull over.

If you can afford to get a set up like mine which was inspired by @ken60631, I highly recommend it. Just bring enough gas money because your MPG's won't be that great but, again, not too bad for a Ford Explorer SUV.

I didn't post videos of the start up because there wasn't anything special about it. As I said before, I kept the original mufflers on because I like the quiet way it runs. I drive for a living and the quieter the better. Other cars will be quite surprised however if I ever get challenged as I will either keep up with them or blow them away. The next immediate purchase will be gapped spark plugs (at .28?) and still looking for performance brakes.

Lastly, having H&R lowering springs and wider, performance tires help a lot. It feels so much more comfortable at 100+ mph. I took it up to 110mph and I freaked out that I had to stop. I'm an older man now and that adrenaline rush was good enough for me.
2016 Explorer Platinum

lamrith

'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

jonnoriega

Quote from: lamrith on April 27, 2017, 11:07:20 PM
Congrats Jonn and welcome to the mayhem!

Thank you, my friend. Looking forward to it. 🤣
2016 Explorer Platinum

Vortech347

Getting new rubber tomorrow Proxes 4+.  Getting rid of the piece of crap Uniroyals.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Vortech347 on April 28, 2017, 01:14:58 AM
Getting new rubber tomorrow Proxes 4+.  Getting rid of the piece of crap Uniroyals.
Toyos are my fav too let us know what you think I have to save a little more B4 I can get em

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

I finally installed my Continental Extreme DW Summer tires today and must say the overall ride quality is much better with a smoother ride and much more responsive steering wheel which also feels much tighter probably due to the softer compound summer tire.  Z  :)  BTW forgot to mention that they are so quiet as can be!!!.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DW&partnum=445YR0ECDWXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2013&autoModel=Taurus&autoModClar=SHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

lamrith

Quote from: ZSHO on April 28, 2017, 04:09:05 PM
I finally installed my Continental Extreme DW Summer tires today and must say the overall ride quality is much better with a smoother ride and much more responsive steering wheel which also feels much tighter.  Z  :)

Sweet!!  I had those on my STSV and loved them.  What tires did you switch over from?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

Quote from: lamrith on April 28, 2017, 04:30:54 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on April 28, 2017, 04:09:05 PM
I finally installed my Continental Extreme DW Summer tires today and must say the overall ride quality is much better with a smoother ride and much more responsive steering wheel which also feels much tighter.  Z  :)

Sweet!!  I had those on my STSV and loved them.  What tires did you switch over from?
Goodyear Eagle SPORT ALL-SEASON.
I have had them for roughly two years now and have suited me quite well and is an overall great quality all season tire for the money and still have plenty of tread life left at 30k.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+Sport+All-Season+%28W-Speed+Rated%29&partnum=445WR0SASXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2013&autoModel=Taurus&autoModClar=SHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Vortech347

Quote from: Gjkrisa on April 28, 2017, 01:24:26 AM
Quote from: Vortech347 on April 28, 2017, 01:14:58 AM
Toyos are my fav too let us know what you think I have to save a little more B4 I can get em

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm happy has hell. Only drove 5 miles.  The ride is better, it's quieter....I'm one happy kid.  Square even fit on a 20x8.5 255/45/20.  I don't mind the PP spring rates now.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

lamrith

Awesome Z!! 
Can't beat that closeout pricing for those DW either!  WOW!!

StealBlueSho

Renewed my registration... as per the recommendation of the very nice officer who also provided me a ticket as a reminder....

Keeping the car in the garage and rarely driving it has some pitfalls... like not paying attention to expiration dates...

Not sure if there are points for that violation...

SHOdded

Nowadays they seem to like to give fines rather than points for "lesser"/"non-violent" offenses, so they get less people fighting "the system".
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!