• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usmcsho

Quote from: Half-Fast on April 25, 2017, 05:51:06 PM
Quote from: Usmcsho on April 25, 2017, 05:48:33 PM

35f 40r no spacer

How wide are those rims?  I ask because my 8.5's are 38 and are tucked in further than yours.
22x9f 22x10r with 295 rear

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2011 Platinum Tricoat Metallic nav, BLIS, backup camera, moonroof, Sony Premium Sound. LIvernois Stage 1 with 3 bar map sensor coming soon

jonnoriega

I got this in today.  Having it installed tomorrow at Car1Auto in Hoffman Estates, IL.
EXPLORER SPORT LEVEL 2 PERFORMANCE PACK
- TUNER
- WINDSTORM COLD AIR INTAKE
- EVEN-FLO 160 DEGREE HIGH PERFORMANCE THERMOSTAT
- THUNDERSTORM DOWNPIPES
+ 3 BAR MAP SENSOR

According to mzimnicki@livernoismotorsports.com, I should get an extra 85 HP and 100 TQ to the wheels.  I wish I had the where with all to work on cars as I could have save a ton of money by now and done some more wonderful things to my EcoBoost Explorer but the guys at Car1Auto are the best and most honest.  I've been bringing my cars to them for 8 years now.
2016 Explorer Platinum

drudis

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jonnoriega

UPDATE:

Replaced K&N CAI with Windstorm CAI.  It's a much bigger filter than the K&N.  Also, Thunderstorm dowpipe has been installed and the Even-Flo Thermostat.  Now I'm just waiting for Livernois to get back to me with my tuner program.  As soon as I get that, I will of course input it into my Explorer and then replace the map sensor with a 3 Bar Map one that I got from Livernois as well.

As for the Explorer now, there's not much difference in the noise when you start up the engine as I left the stock mufflers.  What I do notice is that when I step on the gas pedal there is ZERO lag and the car is much more responsive now when I punch it on the highway.  I can only imagine how much more it's going to jump when the tune is installed. 

I'll keep you all posted. 
2016 Explorer Platinum

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: jonnoriega on April 26, 2017, 06:30:59 PM
UPDATE:

Replaced K&N CAI with Windstorm CAI.  It's a much bigger filter than the K&N.  Also, Thunderstorm dowpipe has been installed and the Even-Flo Thermostat.  Now I'm just waiting for Livernois to get back to me with my tuner program.  As soon as I get that, I will of course input it into my Explorer and then replace the map sensor with a 3 Bar Map one that I got from Livernois as well.

As for the Explorer now, there's not much difference in the noise when you start up the engine as I left the stock mufflers.  What I do notice is that when I step on the gas pedal there is ZERO lag and the car is much more responsive now when I punch it on the highway.  I can only imagine how much more it's going to jump when the tune is installed. 

@jonnoriega cant wait for your initial thoughts on the Tune and all followed by the Perma-grin factor once you upload your new Tune's.  ;)
BTW expect your new Tunes later in the day.IIRC. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jonnoriega

Quote from: ZSHO on April 27, 2017, 11:18:46 AM
UPDATE:

@jonnoriega cant wait for your initial thoughts on the Tune and all followed by the Perma-grin factor once you upload your new Tune's.  ;)

@zsho - I can't wait either, my friend.  I emailed Livernois yesterday afternoon and have already been bugging them a couple of times about the tune.  They're really cool about it as I know I'm being obnoxious about it. 

My mechanic said the engine light would go on last night and it did but I drove around a bit this morning again and the noise from the muffler sounds just like stock.  I wanted to be sure as it was later in the afternoon when I drove my car around yesterday.  Again, there is a notable difference in the pull when i "punch" it. 

I'm going to head back to the garage so they can scan my engine and turn off the engine light warning but it may happen again until I install the tune.  I just hope that Livernois gets back to me with my tune so I can finally see the real difference.  I should have waited for the tune first to get the down-pipe and thermostat installed. :P

I have to head into Chicago for a few hours soon.  I guess I'll be practicing the old adage of "patience is a virtue"  LOL - I will keep you all posted with my take!  Here's the photo's of the Windstorm CAI and Install of my down-pipe.
2016 Explorer Platinum

irondoor19

Finally Got the Motor Out of the 2011, WHAT a PITA,
on a SHO, u have to drop the Subframe, to Get it Split,
Yea does not look Pretty but it is out.... >:( :bangin:
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

StealBlueSho

Quote from: jonnoriega on April 27, 2017, 11:54:35 AM
UPDATE:

@zsho - I can't wait either, my friend.  I emailed Livernois yesterday afternoon and have already been bugging them a couple of times about the tune.  They're really cool about it as I know I'm being obnoxious about it. 

My mechanic said the engine light would go on last night and it did but I drove around a bit this morning again and the noise from the muffler sounds just like stock.  I wanted to be sure as it was later in the afternoon when I drove my car around yesterday.  Again, there is a notable difference in the pull when i "punch" it. 

I'm going to head back to the garage so they can scan my engine and turn off the engine light warning but it may happen again until I install the tune.  I just hope that Livernois gets back to me with my tune so I can finally see the real difference.  I should have waited for the tune first to get the down-pipe and thermostat installed. :P

I have to head into Chicago for a few hours soon.  I guess I'll be practicing the old adage of "patience is a virtue"  LOL - I will keep you all posted with my take!  Here's the photo's of the Windstorm CAI and Install of my down-pipe.

Looks good!!!!!!

I wouldn't worry about the code... it doesn't affect the car, just a notification.

You can clear the code with the mycalibrator too..

jonnoriega

Quote from: StealBlueSho on April 27, 2017, 12:52:08 PM
Quote from: jonnoriega on April 27, 2017, 11:54:35 AM
UPDATE:

Looks good!!!!!!

I wouldn't worry about the code... it doesn't affect the car, just a notification.

You can clear the code with the mycalibrator too..

Thanks, man!  I did not know that. Really appreciate the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 Explorer Platinum

AJP turbo

It should be noted that intakes and exhaust parts do NOT alter the commanded boost or commanded torque, driver requested torque...infact if these parts increase the efficiency of the motor you may even see less boost  after the parts.....turbo lag is non existent on these motors anyway.

The placebo effect is very strong when one spends large monies on hard parts and butt dynos are among the worst devices in terms of accuracy
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

jonnoriega

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 27, 2017, 05:33:53 PM
It should be noted that intakes and exhaust parts do NOT alter the commanded boost or commanded torque, driver requested torque...infact if these parts increase the efficiency of the motor you may even see less boost  after the parts.....turbo lag is non existent on these motors anyway.

The placebo effect is very strong when one spends large monies on hard parts and butt dynos are among the worst devices in terms of accuracy

Thanks for the information.  That "placebo effect" is working great because I do notice a difference. I'm in sales and drive for a living (8 states).  I've had my Explorer for a year and maybe it's because I've spent some money that the ride is "notable".  I just hope that the Livernois tune that I'm about to install works because if it's only a "placebo effect", then I guess I wasted about a thousand dollars :P
2016 Explorer Platinum

AJP turbo

The livernois tune will NOT be a placebo effect they will change boost and torque and spark targets
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

jonnoriega

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 27, 2017, 06:45:22 PM
The livernois tune will NOT be a placebo effect they will change boost and torque and spark targets

Nice!!!  That's why I love the forums. You learn something new everyday. I'm uploading the software as we speak and going to "tune" my car up soon!

I've also got a 3 Bar Map Sensor. That should help the performance out quite a bit right?  Sorry for the dumb questions. The only thing I'm good for is filling up the gas tank and washer fluid in my car. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 Explorer Platinum