• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Quote from: paokara777 on April 11, 2017, 04:03:48 PM
Tell me more about your JMS Boostmax
I was originally going to get one for my SHO but everyone on this forum talked me out of it

How do you rate it
Still under review untill I can get time to review before and after logs  but I went this way just to keep my warranty.
But before boost max torque hp was saying 3 hundred something after says 500 both on low gas so lost alot of normal weight.
I feel some torque steer even accelerating from 60 and wheel slip
I've read boost max will raise boost to 20 maybe if I have them put a tune into it highest I've seen is 12.6 afr been in 14.6 area and this just leaves me giddy about when I can finally put a true tune one the car and read what really is happening instead of having jms lie to the ECU I have the know set to somewhere in 90 percent what they recommend for 91 octane
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

paokara777

I don't think you can get more than 14.6psi (2 bar pressure) without a 3 bar sensor, right?
Daily Drive:
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, AJP 3BAR 93, K&N drop in
Weekend Cruiser:
1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289 C Code
4Bl Carb, HiPo Cam, Headers and Exhaust

StealBlueSho

Quote from: paokara777 on April 11, 2017, 05:16:03 PM
I don't think you can get more than 14.6psi (2 bar pressure) without a 3 bar sensor, right?

You can, the MAP will only read up to 14.6... once boost goes higher than what the ECU can see it's just throws more fuel at it to maintain the required AFR... I have had tunes that push more than the 3BAR can see (255Kpa...)... just pushes more fuel...

With the 3Bar the ECU can provide more accurate fueling...

MiWiAu

Scuffed a tire. ALMOST curbed a wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

SHOdded

Quote from: MiWiAu on April 11, 2017, 08:04:40 PM
That's it!  I have had enough!  Firing Squad for you!  LOL LOL LOL
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on April 12, 2017, 09:37:06 AM
Quote from: MiWiAu on April 11, 2017, 08:04:40 PM
That's it!  I have had enough!  Firing Squad for you!  LOL LOL LOL

Haha. Totally out of character for me. If my wife had done that with me in the car...

2013 XSport

ZSHO

I ordered a new backup Portable Genuine Ford Motorcraft Air Compressor W/ Tire Sealant from ebay for 40.00 including shipping.
I noticed my original tire sealant on my 13 SHO had an expiration date of 7/17 and the new one is effective until 10/18.  :)
If anyone is interested in the tire sealant alone just follow the below link along with the part number.  Z
Definitely a must have for long trips.
TA-34 22.05 ea.

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/ta34

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

Quote from: ZSHO on April 12, 2017, 03:51:03 PM
I ordered a new backup Portable Genuine Ford Motorcraft Air Compressor W/ Tire Sealant from ebay for 40.00 including shipping.
I noticed my original tire sealant on my 13 SHO had an expiration date of 7/17 and the new one is effective until 10/18.  :)
If anyone is interested in the tire sealant alone just follow the below link along with the part number.  Z
TA-34 22.05 ea.

I should probably invest in one of these since I do not have a spare
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

glock-coma

Battery took a crap today, 2 months out of the free replacement period.....
And apparently there is no prorated period for an AGM battery SMH.

So I'll be shopping for a battery this weekend...great

Battery was an autocrat platinum AGM-65
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

There are fullbodied warranties for the Exide Edge and Odyssey AGM batteries.  I would get one of those, or a Sears AGM.  Odyssey is the strongest 65 battery you can find, won't regret it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BoostedSho2010

Quote from: SHO T1M3 on April 05, 2017, 04:38:18 PM
Ordered my H&R's on Monday (finally bit the bullet since I couldn't find the Eibach's after about a year), along with new OEM PP struts, strut mounts, shocks, TPM sensors (sold mine with the flower wheels and the set I got for the new wheels "can't be calibrated for the SHO" ** never go with cheap aftermarket sensors, if they can't calibrate you spend twice the money!**), full set of EBC red's, and rear camber bolts.
Got my first set of packages today! Hopefully I can get everything done this weekend!

Side note - got a crazy deal on the struts, strut mounts, shocks, and TPMS through rock auto! $495 shipped!
*The TPMS alone at the stealership was $400 for the set! 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Why not coil overs ? You spent the same ? J/w I was to undecided so just put on the h&rs

ZSHO

Quote from: FearlessAZ on April 12, 2017, 09:51:36 PM
TA-34 22.05 ea.

@ FearlessAZ this is the same seller i purchased mine from for 40.00 with free shipping,best of luck to ya.  Z
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Genuine-Ford-Motorcraft-Air-Compressor-W-Tire-Sealant-New-/262934943062?hash=item3d3824d556:g:BlUAAOSwA3dYewJD

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ZSHO on April 13, 2017, 08:35:38 AM
Quote from: FearlessAZ on April 12, 2017, 09:51:36 PM
TA-34 22.05 ea.

@ FearlessAZ this is the same seller i purchased mine from for 40.00 with free shipping,best of luck to ya.  Z
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Genuine-Ford-Motorcraft-Air-Compressor-W-Tire-Sealant-New-/262934943062?hash=item3d3824d556:g:BlUAAOSwA3dYewJD
In my opinion that sealant is junk the slim is good Ive never had an issue with slim not working until you get a proper Patch but just getting https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019FZMIDM?psc=1 these are awesome orange ones grip and fill the hole the best and those handles make it very easy.
These are nearly as good as a tire patch they put on the inside of the tire.

the person that has to mount new tires to that rim will thank you. These are very easy to use as long as your car is not lowered there is plenty of room to get one in on the whole tire. That sealant does work very well to show you where the hole is though. I had that crap flung all over my wheel well and still leaking out 12 miles and 4 times airing the tire back up but just barely at that point.
That air compressor works very well though quickest 12 volt and best sealing around the valve stem. Think the lock will last the life of the pump.

I will probably buy a second pump just to make sure I have a working one on hand though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

StealBlueSho

derfdog15

Quote from: StealBlueSho on April 13, 2017, 09:01:35 AM
Ooooooorrr get a full size spare....

First mod I did to my SHO. Still have it. I have a fullsize for every car I own, less hassle and more peace of mind :D
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car