• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

Sent in a 7500 mile sample of Amsoil SS 5W-30 to BSL for analysis today to check wear progress from my previous 5000 mi sample.

I'll be doing my PTU again in spring when the weather warms up. I already have 12,000 mi on my last PTU service, and I am shooting for a 15k PTU analysis on the Amsoil "Severe Gear" oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

irondoor19

2011:  A GREAT DAY.. Finished up all the mods (Front Grill Replacement is Only Thing Left)
Added all New Fluids, Amsoil 5-20 Engine Oil, Mercon Trans Fluid & Red Line PTU Drain & Fill,
Test Fit The MDesign Air Intake (need to Mod Up a Seal for the Intake Transition to the Car.
Installed New 3/8" Air Line and 25' Hose Reel, Waiting on the Case Of Antifreeze To Fire it UP ;D
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

derfdog15

Quote from: irondoor19 on March 16, 2017, 03:14:31 PM
2011:  A GREAT DAY.. Finished up all the mods (Front Grill Replacement is Only Thing Left)
Added all New Fluids, Amsoil 5-20 Engine Oil, Mercon Trans Fluid & Red Line PTU Drain & Fill,
Test Fit The MDesign Air Intake (need to Mod Up a Seal for the Intake Transition to the Car.
Installed New 3/8" Air Line and 25' Hose Reel, Waiting on the Case Of Antifreeze To Fire it UP ;D

Nice job man. Any reason you used 5w-20 rather than 5w-30? Just curious.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

irondoor19

I do not have an answer for that, Either the Amsoil Guy Got it Wrong OR I DID....

irondoor19

Quote from: irondoor19 on March 17, 2017, 09:28:35 AM

I do not have an answer for that, Either the Amsoil Guy Got it Wrong OR I DID....
AND as it is mostly for This Racing (IE oil changes Every 1K),
and is only a Summer Time Driver, three (3) cases we will go back to the Correct Weight.

derfdog15

Quote from: irondoor19 on March 17, 2017, 09:39:29 AM
Quote from: irondoor19 on March 17, 2017, 09:28:35 AM

AND as it is mostly for This Racing (IE oil changes Every 1K),
and is only a Summer Time Driver, three (3) cases we will go back to the Correct Weight.

Just saw your response. I found an answer in this thread (http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7584.0.html).

Looks like ford changed from 5w-20 for gen 4.1 (10-12 MY) to 5w-30 for 4.2 (13+ MY). IIRC a dealer would still do 5w-30 in a gen 4.1 but I could be wrong. You should be fine, especially with such frequent changes.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOdded

Pretty sure sometime in MY2011, it was changed from a 5W20 to 5W30 for the SHO.  The MY2011 owners manual specifies 5W30, but check what the oil fill cap says to be sure.  Unsure of specific date of changeover.  By MY2012, I think all EBs were spec'd at 5W30.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

glock-coma

Quote from: StealBlueSho on March 17, 2017, 06:23:15 PM

Yyyyuuuuummmmmyyyyyyy
I have a non eco 3.7 ford transit for work and I filled it with straight e85 for the first time last week. I reset my my fuel economy gauge just for kicks.
It did not like the change.
It ran like crap, idle was all over the place and fuel economy went out the window.
I was getting almost 17 mpg combined with 87.
With straight e85 I got less than 11. That's almost all highway,
approx 600 miles. On 2 fill ups.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

StealBlueSho

Quote from: glock-coma on March 17, 2017, 06:30:54 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on March 17, 2017, 06:23:15 PM

Yyyyuuuuummmmmyyyyyyy
I have a non eco 3.7 ford transit for work and I filled it with straight e85 for the first time last week. I reset my my fuel economy gauge just for kicks.
It did not like the change.
It ran like crap, idle was all over the place and fuel economy went out the window.
I was getting almost 17 mpg combined with 87.
With straight e85 I got less than 11. That's almost all highway,
approx 600 miles. On 2 fill ups.

Yea... I generally run in between 20%-30% depending on my math that day... fuel economy has not been great... oh well... not my DD...

Usmcsho

alot done today..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2011 Platinum Tricoat Metallic nav, BLIS, backup camera, moonroof, Sony Premium Sound. LIvernois Stage 1 with 3 bar map sensor coming soon

StealBlueSho

Finally got all the stickers in place and the correct sizes! My son thinks it "way cool"... better than mommy's "mountain jeep" and the Camaro he saw that spawned this... not that I am competitive...

Although I manage to piss of the wife when I told our son that daddy pays for mommy's cool mountain jeep...

Big thanks for Glock-Coma for taking the time to measure the center caps for me.

djxfactor

Installed my new EcoBeastBillet.com battery tie-down and got my new Turbo silhouette vinyls (from Got Hooked Graphics) on the rear glass!  Also did a rear muffler delete last week that I hadn't posted here yet!

Tie-Down Pic!

New turbo vinyls and also a glimpse at the new exhaust tips!

Exhaust Cold Start Vid (couldn't figure out how to embed the vid!)

2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.