• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on December 22, 2016, 03:32:51 PM
Quote from: BlueSHO on December 22, 2016, 10:35:45 AM
Quote from: MiWiAu on December 22, 2016, 09:41:03 AM
I got one of these for future swaps and wheel rotations.

Motorcraft TPMS19 Remote Tire Pressure Sensor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FKSNUI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Gw-wyb4XHT4MT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have that also but never needed to use it. I bought some tires and wheels off the forum here that had Ford TPMS installed and I know I didn't put them in the exact location as the previous owner and now for 500 miles have not got a light..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Hmm, I wonder if the "location" information is stored on the sensor itself? For example, if you get an indication that your "Left Front" tire is low, it won't actually be your left front, but whichever wheel was last programmed as "left front"? Regardless, as derfdog indicated, you could probably tell which one is low just by looking at them.

I'm the primary driver of my XSport, but my wife likes to "borrow" my truck a lot, especially when I'm out of town for work (which is usually a week a month), so it'd be just my luck that a TPMS light would come on and she'd be pumping air into the wrong tire because I never reprogrammed the sensors. I'm already super paranoid about her accidentally getting 87 octane in the tank while I have my 93 tune loaded, so anything I can do to make it easier, I'm going to do. LOL
Here is a great video on how to properly train your TPMS and BTW you can always purchase a locking gas cap like i did but need to make sure the gas is always full,lol. Z      ! No longer available

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MiWiAu

LMAO. Since the BOV VTA mod she now drives around PSSHH PSSSH PSSHH PSHHH, and says "I like it." SMH

I should have just left the $hitty tires on there and told her she can't drive it anymore. LOL
2013 XSport

StealBlueSho

Quote from: MiWiAu on December 22, 2016, 04:04:27 PM
LMAO. Since the BOV VTA mod she now drives around PSSHH PSSSH PSSHH PSHHH, and says "I like it." SMH

I should have just left the $hitty tires on there and told her she can't drive it anymore. LOL
Alethia refuses to drive the SHO...Poor sightlines...Woosh noises...special gas(93...)...Oh..And too much powah!

And to be honest she has a lead foot... That penstar V6 in the van and she spun the first set of front tires bald...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MiWiAu

Quote from: StealBlueSho on December 22, 2016, 04:08:07 PM
Quote from: MiWiAu on December 22, 2016, 04:04:27 PM

Alethia refuses to drive the SHO...Poor sightlines...Woosh noises...special gas(93...)...Oh..And too much powah!

And to be honest she has a lead foot... That penstar V6 in the van and she spun the first set of front tires bald...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Other than being a BOV monster, I have the opposite problem. She drives around like a grandma. I keep telling her she needs to clear the intercooler! LOL

She's extra careful now after dragging the side of my F150 along the corner of the mailbox for over half its length. At least it was on the driver's side, so I had a reminder every time I got in the truck. I had my old truck when we first met, so it was a total shock to her to see me transition from parking next to the cart returns to parking at the far, empty end of the parking lot on an uphill grade. "So this is you with a nice car?" she said condescendingly, after I gave her a physics lesson on parking lot and run away shopping cart dynamics. haha

Now when I leave town for work she'll ask "do you need me to do anything while you're gone this week?", to which I reply, "Yes, please don't wreck my truck. ;)"

EDIT: After re-reading, I feel bad that my wife has to deal with me. Haha.
2013 XSport

ZSHO

I had the Ford dealer change the RDU fluid for the 2nd time since purchasing it new and this time around went with the Red Line 57904 (75W90)  
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CPCBF0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I also had them perform a coolant flush for the 2nd time (ocd in me)lol. and purchased a gallon of MC pure antifreeze along with a gallon of distilled water and an oil change using Redline synthetic oil.
I had them check and fix the alignment because the steering wheel was a bit off to the right by a hair and pic's of the work order below if anyone is interested on the pricing,labor charges for this procedure. Z   

I also had them patch up a tire and wheel balance on which they charged me 59.95  >:(

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Made up for the other "free" services :)  Maybe the Steering shaft torque sensor just needs a good cleaning.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on December 25, 2016, 01:10:16 PM
Made up for the other "free" services :)  Maybe the Steering shaft torque sensor just needs a good cleaning.
They have always done the right thing by me and should be really thankful to this day and thanks for the stellar advice and always appreciate your insight inside and out of the forum. Z

MiWiAu

Got the fur kids some new car seats. All loaded up for a Christmas road trip!

Crate is a TransK9 model B19.
www.transk9usa.com

2013 XSport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Speaking of furry friends, this is an old pic from another site & another friend :)

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on December 25, 2016, 04:34:29 PM
Speaking of furry friends, this is an old pic from another site & another friend :)

Quite the pack! Haha. And who needs a Viper security system when you have a couple of rotties. LOL

2013 XSport

FearlessAZ

Converted the SHO to VTA. Does make it more fun to drive. Did front and back. Back was a bit of the PITA but I was able to rotate the clamps and get them removed with channel locks. Now to shop around and decide what goodies to get with my tax return.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

StealBlueSho

The downside of having a "high performance" filter....

On a side note: Had a guy come out to test drive my SHO wanting to buy it... had a nice stuttering effect under WOT from first to second.. it was not wheel hop...

Sent an email to LMS... since I have not had the problem since Torrie tuned it and adjusted the shift pressure to stop it...

Had the fluids all flushed a couple months ago and she has been pretty much garaged since...

Time to check fluids to make sure the shop didn't f it up.. LMS said that they see this a lot with the police cars and they adding an additional 16oz over the full line prevents cavitation of the fluid...

Needless to say the guy didn't want it after that fiasco... fml...

derfdog15

Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 18, 2017, 09:27:20 AM

On a side note: Had a guy come out to test drive my SHO wanting to buy it... had a nice stuttering effect under WOT from first to second.. it was not wheel hop...

Sent an email to LMS... since I have not had the problem since Torrie tuned it and adjusted the shift pressure to stop it...

Had the fluids all flushed a couple months ago and she has been pretty much garaged since...

Time to check fluids to make sure the shop didn't f it up.. LMS said that they see this a lot with the police cars and they adding an additional 16oz over the full line prevents cavitation of the fluid...

That sucks man, better luck next time. I assume thats an Oiled Airaid filter based on the pic? I just blow mine out with an air compressor since its a dry filter.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

StealBlueSho

Quote from: derfdog15 on January 18, 2017, 09:39:50 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on January 18, 2017, 09:27:20 AM

That sucks man, better luck next time. I assume thats an Oiled Airaid filter based on the pic? I just blow mine out with an air compressor since its a dry filter.

Nope not an oiled filter just a normal dry one...

I NEVER use an air compressor to dry out the filter... I have had several different cloth filters over the years and all say never to do that. It can loosen and damage the filter material... better to use fan to avoid filter material getting sucked up into the engine...