• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

My reconditioned PI wheels showed up today (ordered Monday). Thanks to getallparts.com and ZSHO (again)! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

derfdog15

Quote from: MiWiAu on December 21, 2016, 06:35:49 PM
My reconditioned PI wheels showed up today (ordered Monday). Thanks to getallparts.com and ZSHO (again)! :)

I'm jealous, I can never pull the trigger on a set.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

MiWiAu

Quote from: derfdog15 on December 21, 2016, 06:45:36 PM

I'm jealous, I can never pull the trigger on a set.

For $550, I couldn't pass them up. They were only a few bucks more than rashed up salvage wheels, and who knows if they would have been straight. The center caps I got (salvage) aren't perfect, but Im really happy with their condition for over half the price of new, and once they're under an inch of salt... :)

The Nankang SP-5 tires that were brand new when I bought the car used are death traps in the snow. I told my pregnant wife she couldn't drive the XSport until we got new tires. Blizzaks are in the mail, too.

2013 XSport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BlueSHO

Looks good Mike winter tires are awesome especially on all wheel drive..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

MiWiAu

Quote from: BlueSHO on December 21, 2016, 08:46:04 PM

Looks good Mike winter tires are awesome especially on all wheel drive..

Thanks Manu and Jeff!

I had Blizzaks on my 2006 Altima SE-R when I lived in Iowa on the Mississippi River. My street was a steep uphill climb and my neighbors with their 4X4 Grand Cherokee couldn't make it up the hill. My FWD Altima motored right up on the snows without breaking a sweat.

I'll feel a lot better when preggo drives after the new snow shoes. :)

2013 XSport

SHOdded

Blizzaks make you feel like you are in Gods Country.  Have been for decades.  I am sure you wife will be very happy with you.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MiWiAu

Quote from: ZSHO on December 21, 2016, 10:31:44 PM
Here is a great deal on some TPMS to accompany the wheels,enjoy.  Z  50.00 X4
http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Set-4-Genuine-Ford-Motorcraft-Tire-Pressure-Sensors-TPMS-DE8T-1A180-AA-/162130552485?hash=item25bfbbe6a5:g:wcwAAOSwgY9XgAQY&vxp=mtr

Bought from that exact seller. Ordered Monday and also arrived today. Sent him a question yesterday AM and he responded within 40 seconds. Assuming they work, I'd highly recommend them. :)

2013 XSport

BlueSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on December 21, 2016, 10:50:31 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Set-4-Genuine-Ford-Motorcraft-Tire-Pressure-Sensors-TPMS-DE8T-1A180-AA-/162130552485?hash=item25bfbbe6a5:g:wcwAAOSwgY9XgAQY&vxp=mtr

Bought from that exact seller. Ordered Monday and also arrived today. Sent him a question yesterday AM and he responded within 40 seconds. Assuming they work, I'd highly recommend them. :)

Dang that's a smokin' deal. My Ford TPMS on my winter wheels I bought from here did not need any programming..

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

derfdog15

Quote from: BlueSHO on December 21, 2016, 11:19:11 PM
Quote from: MiWiAu on December 21, 2016, 10:50:31 PM

Dang that's a smokin' deal. My Ford TPMS on my winter wheels I bought from here did not need any programming..

They are likely already programmed, only issue would be whether they are programmed to the correct corner, as it may throw a light for right rear and actually be a left front. But not a big issue as you should be able to see an issue visibly if the tire is low enough to set off the sensor.
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

MiWiAu

I got one of these for future swaps and wheel rotations.

Motorcraft TPMS19 Remote Tire Pressure Sensor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FKSNUI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Gw-wyb4XHT4MT

2013 XSport

BlueSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on December 22, 2016, 09:41:03 AM

Motorcraft TPMS19 Remote Tire Pressure Sensor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FKSNUI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Gw-wyb4XHT4MT

I have that also but never needed to use it. I bought some tires and wheels off the forum here that had Ford TPMS installed and I know I didn't put them in the exact location as the previous owner and now for 500 miles have not got a light..

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

MiWiAu

Quote from: BlueSHO on December 22, 2016, 10:35:45 AM

I have that also but never needed to use it. I bought some tires and wheels off the forum here that had Ford TPMS installed and I know I didn't put them in the exact location as the previous owner and now for 500 miles have not got a light..

Hmm, I wonder if the "location" information is stored on the sensor itself? For example, if you get an indication that your "Left Front" tire is low, it won't actually be your left front, but whichever wheel was last programmed as "left front"? Regardless, as derfdog indicated, you could probably tell which one is low just by looking at them.

I'm the primary driver of my XSport, but my wife likes to "borrow" my truck a lot, especially when I'm out of town for work (which is usually a week a month), so it'd be just my luck that a TPMS light would come on and she'd be pumping air into the wrong tire because I never reprogrammed the sensors. I'm already super paranoid about her accidentally getting 87 octane in the tank while I have my 93 tune loaded, so anything I can do to make it easier, I'm going to do. LOL

2013 XSport

StealBlueSho

Quote from: MiWiAu on December 22, 2016, 03:32:51 PM
Quote from: BlueSHO on December 22, 2016, 10:35:45 AM

Hmm, I wonder if the "location" information is stored on the sensor itself? For example, if you get an indication that your "Left Front" tire is low, it won't actually be your left front, but whichever wheel was last programmed as "left front"? Regardless, as derfdog indicated, you could probably tell which one is low just by looking at them.

I'm the primary driver of my XSport, but my wife likes to "borrow" my truck a lot, especially when I'm out of town for work (which is usually a week a month), so it'd be just my luck that a TPMS light would come on and she'd be pumping air into the wrong tire because I never reprogrammed the sensors. I'm already super paranoid about her accidentally getting 87 octane in the tank while I have my 93 tune loaded, so anything I can do to make it easier, I'm going to do. LOL
I would put that truck back to stock if I was gone for a week knowing my wife would use it.... She would NEVER remember to put in high test... Ever...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk