• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Keep in mind to compare the knock sensor "numbers" vs the factory standard in the FSM.  Don't expect it to be 1:1 if the FSM isn't showing 1:1 between the banks.  Every engine has its' own characteristics, which is why the frequency selected for monitoring as well as the threshhold is individual to that particular engine line.  Startup will typically see more knock sensor counts than after the engine has settled into an idle.

Compare, always keeping conditions ceteris paribus.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I ordered a locking gas cap from Ford which was proudly made in USA and fit perfectly for 21.00  :)                           

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AnotherGreenFusion

This guy showed up today, time to drop some more unsprung weight!

'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

FoMoCoSHO

At the dealership getting new Quantum Blue coolant, 160 t stat, Quantum Blue RDU and PTU fluid, recall if needed.

Pulled a couple plugs, gaps are solid and the plugs look great.

SHOdded

Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on October 08, 2016, 12:04:29 AM
This guy showed up today, time to drop some more unsprung weight!
Pardon my ignorance, but what is that?
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 08, 2016, 11:50:50 AM
At the dealership getting new Quantum Blue coolant, 160 t stat, Quantum Blue RDU and PTU fluid, recall if needed.

Pulled a couple plugs, gaps are solid and the plugs look great.
Only the best for Bronzie :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: SHOdded on October 08, 2016, 12:07:49 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but what is that?

unsprung weight or the part?

Unsprung weight is the mass the engine must turn before moving the car (crank, cams, drivetrain, rotors, wheels, etc). 1lb of unsprung weight is about equivalent to dropping 10lbs of curbweight or "sprung" weight.

This is a balance shaft delete kit with oil control baffle. The balance shaft in the 2.0 is included for minor NVH and is a 19lb weight driven directly from the crank. The baffle ensures oil pick-up works properly in hard cornering as the void the balance shaft leaves can starve the oil pump in some circumstances.

On top of decreasing weight; because this is mass directly on the crank the engine will rev quicker and as a result the turbo will spool a bit faster. Since the engine works less to turn itself this mod increases power across the entire range. Between this, the crank pulley I am doing at the same time and my lighter wheels I have pulled ~30lbs off unprung weight this season.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

Usmcsho

Dropped it off at the dealer to get a check engine light and shudder looked at :(
2011 Platinum Tricoat Metallic nav, BLIS, backup camera, moonroof, Sony Premium Sound. LIvernois Stage 1 with 3 bar map sensor coming soon

FoMoCoSHO

Isn't the 2.0 based on the duratec?

The nvh in those is not minor without the balance shafts.

SHOdded

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 08, 2016, 12:18:59 PM
Isn't the 2.0 based on the duratec?

The nvh in those is not minor without the balance shafts.

A lot of durtechs and EBs are built without them, based on my reading of the FoST community this is minor vibration and is not required to keep the motor from destroying itself like older styles. With a stage 2 motor mount the cabin already rumbles so if its a bit more it wont bother me much. Worst case i have the tools needed to put it back (Cam and crank TDC locking kit from boomba) should I really need/want to.

It's just a bit more involved of a mod than most people tend to do and is not suggested for most tuners unless they understand what trouble they may be getting into. I accepted long ago that I could break something, no way I could do all this without that chance really. Tuning life ;-)
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

FoMoCoSHO

Yup it's the duratec block.

I had a balance shafted 2.3 ST and two 2.0 SES and the difference in smoothness is shocking.

It is no wonder they added balance shafts when the ecoboosted it.

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 08, 2016, 12:28:35 PM

I had a balance shafted 2.3 ST and two 2.0 SES and the difference in smoothness is shocking.

I hear that a lot but my tolerance for noise and vibration seems a lot higher than most. People don't like the CP-E stage 2 and cry about the vibration it makes, I don't mind it. That said I have been frankensteining my cars pretty badly for a lot of years.

I decided a long time ago that the best way to find out is to try it for myself as everyone has their own perspective on these things. My biggest concern is damaging the engine but so far I do not think there is a risk there. 
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on October 08, 2016, 12:32:41 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 08, 2016, 12:28:35 PM

I hear that a lot but my tolerance for noise and vibration seems a lot higher than most. People don't like the CP-E stage 2 and cry about the vibration it makes, I don't mind it. That said I have been frankensteining my cars pretty badly for a lot of years.

I decided a long time ago that the best way to find out is to try it for myself as everyone has their own perspective on these things. My biggest concern is damaging the engine but so far I do not think there is a risk there.
Totally understand as my tolerance for "race car" has deceased as I've gotten older, lol.

I know some 2.3 folks that didn't understand what they were doing and they didn't like the result, lol.

FoMoCoSHO

So my fuel module does not have the part number stamped on it so I'm getting a new one.

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 08, 2016, 12:42:36 PM

Totally understand as my tolerance for "race car" has deceased as I've gotten older, lol.

I know some 2.3 folks that didn't understand what they were doing and they didn't like the result, lol.

Oh for sure, and I fully admit I might hate it. I was on the fence about it until I got the crank pulley. Not having a keyed crank (whats up ford? no keyed crank....jerks) meant I had to buy the locking kit as well to keep things at TDC while working. I can use the same kit to re-install the balance shaft if the vibration drives me nuts since chances are it will all be transmitted to the cabin via the poly mount. The biggest PITA is disassembling the top to lock the cams.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost