• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye93

Today I grabbed a couple of datalogs & practiced my brake boosting.  Sent logs to Torrie for an update.  Tonight I'm returning to stock tune, because I'm taking the car in for service on Tuesday.  Dealer is replacing the backlight under warranty (defroster doesn't work).
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

SHOdded

Hope they solve more problems than they create LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

It was yesterday, but probably worth mentioning...

I did a compression test and it came out great.  All cylinders were between 172 and 178 psi.

Worth mentioning though in case anyone else runs into this...

On the very first cylinder, when I went to remove the compression tester, the hose spun on it's fitting instead of unscrewing from the spark plug hole.  Was an immediate OH SH!!!T moment.  Thoughts of having to remove the front valve cover (with HPFP) and all came flooding through my little brain.  Last time I used a compression tester was on a SBF where everything is accessible.  After some calmer thinking and after the wife left the garage in panic mode, I came up with the idea of squirting a small amount of PB Blaster into the hole and wedging a long screw driver between the hose and fitting so that I could turn the whole assembly at once.  Took a couple attempts, but it started to turn.  I then used compressed air to blow out the remaining PB Blaster.

The other 5 cylinders were done with the compression tester only turned a couple of threads into the holes.

PSA of the day...  If you're doing a compression test on a hemi style head, don't thread the tester all the way down till it seats.  Leave it very loose just in case.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

hawkeye93

Quote from: SHOdded on August 28, 2016, 08:18:31 PM
Hope they solve more problems than they create LOL.

I hope so too, but I don't expect any problems.  Previous owner had window tint, and when it was removed, some of the conductive paint for the rear defroster peeled off.  I bought it as a CPO, and item #43 on the 172-point checklist is working defrosters.  So now I get a new backlight.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

92BlackGT

so, about 4 weeks ago this happened on my drive home from class

there was no saving it this time. so i went and bought 4 new tires and got the Falken Ziex ze950; that was a bad choice. as soon as i left the tire shop i noticed the tires were noisy compared to the 34k mile stock michelins. when i got the the freeway, there was a nice vibration like a wheel was out of balance. after 2 weeks i took the car back to the tire shop to get them rebalanced but still the vibration persisted.
someone online mentioned some tire shops have a 30 day ride and try type warranty. I went back to the tire shop and they were glad to replace the tires and i just pay the price difference.
now i'm riding on BFGoodrich g-force comp 2 a/s tires. oh, what a nice ride; smooth and quiet.

i learned a valuable lesson to not cheap out on tires... but i did get about 1000 miles of free tire use :thumb:
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SHOdded

Sorry to see this happen to the tire, and really weird spot!  Anyways, welcome to the g-force club :D  Real nice tires, especially when pushed.

sholxgt

I have a similar situation.  Replaced two unevenly worn Michelin's with Uniroyal Tiger Paws.  They are quiet, but I have more vibration from them than I did the unevenly worn Michelin's.  Tech said they took very little weight and balance fine on the machine.  Haven't decided yet if they are bad enough to pursue other options, but a little disappointed.  Front was way out of alignment.  That is supposed to be corrected now.

No tire in this size is exactly inexpensive.

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

66 Galaxie

Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 has been getting some good reviews and is priced nicely. 
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

ZSHO

I washed her up today using a clay bar and added a coat of Malco wax and for the finishing touch added a nice coat of Malco glaze.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Quote from: ZSHO on September 17, 2016, 12:19:44 PM
I washed her up today using a clay bar and added a coat of Malco wax and for the finishing touch added a nice coat of Malco glaze.  Z 

Nice Z.....looking good
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Deep, rich colors = success!  Do you use a paste wax or liquid wax?  How did you decide to use this specific product vs say Meguiar's or Mothers?

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on September 17, 2016, 12:59:36 PM
Deep, rich colors = success!  Do you use a paste wax or liquid wax?  How did you decide to use this specific product vs say Meguiar's or Mothers?
I'm a bit old fashioned but believe the paste in a metal can to be better than the convenient liquid bottle IMO and a buddy of mine that works at a body shop has been using this for quite sometime and has a nice blueberry smell to it.  Z     :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|